Sad Departures

chairman@theimpclub
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: ...

Sad Departures

Post by chairman@theimpclub »

The last week or so has been a sad one with the passing away of a few notable Imp supporters and key components in both the Imp’s and the Club’s history. Amongst others we have seen park their car up in the car park of life recently for the last time, for which I personally and on behalf of the Club and its many members pass on our condolences, we have had to say goodbye to Dennis Allt, Colin Cashmore and the long-time partner of Gillian Hill, John Fenton.

This is always a difficult time for the family and friends and I’m sure I speak for many when I say that our thoughts and great memories are with you.

Specifically on behalf of Susan Allt - the sister of Dennis - I’d like to pass on the following to members. Most of us will know that Dennis was involved in a serious road traffic accident. Although he was recovering well from that it had left its mark. Dennis suffered kidney failure to the one that was damaged in the accident so it wasn’t working very well then, on the other one, they had found a growth. Dennis passed away a few days ago. The family don't have a date for the cremation yet, but it will be after the 12th September. Where possible updates will be provided but Susan has said that if you wish to attend you are most welcome to join her and the family.

Gillian and the family have set up a tribute page for John - https://grahamfenton.muchloved.com/
As well as your thoughts or photos, charity donations can also be made to the British Heart Foundation or the Royal British Legion via this tribute page.
The funeral service for John will be held at Surrey & Sussex Crematorium on Monday 11th September 2023 at 3:30 pm followed by afternoon tea at the Heathy Farm, opposite the entrance to the Crematorium. All welcome.

In memory of these and several other members we have had to say goodbye to over the last 12 months we will hold a minute's silence at the forthcoming AGM.

Roy and Graham T and on behalf of the Committee and Members.
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club