Competition Secretary

moose
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: rally imp

Competition Secretary

Post by moose »

Hello all. I have been asked to step in as competition secretary until the AGM. If anybody needs any help or advice I will do everything I can to assist you. For those that do not know me i will give brief account of my motorsport back ground.

First time as a rally Mechanic at 13 years of age at a single venue event, continued as a mechanic on single venue events until 18 and then competed as a co-driver on single venue events.

At 17 I started working on Formula ford race cars at race meetings and preparing cars in workshop.

At 21 I bought my first imp and started to compete in historic rallies whilst still doing the above.

21 to present day I have worked and run Mallock single seat cars, XR3i challenge cars, competed in my imp after developing it, worked as a world rally mechanic. Building the car in a workshop in Belgium and travelling the world as a mechanic on events (we won the production car world championship with Hayden Paddon) I was then promoted to a number one mechanic for the Symtech rally class cars.

I have competed in production car trials, hill climb (3 times up Barbon in the imp) NESCRO historic rallies, Targa events.

My Background is in the Nuclear power industry where i served a 4 year apprenticeship as a mechanical craftsman.

As I have said above if anyone wants any help if I cannot get you an answer I am sure I will know someone who will be able to help. I do not have access to the imp comp sec email so please use mikedent87@gmail.com or call me 07973298368. Please be patient as I work shifts so when at work or in bed on nights I switch my phone off so cannot be disturbed. On my midweek days off I will be in the workshop and happy to take calls, evenings and weekends please restrict queries to email as a first contact. Cheers Mike Dent
Regards Moose imp competition secretary
John A Ross
Car Model: TOO MANY !

Re: Competition Secretary

Post by John A Ross »

Well done Mike 8)
- John A. Ross
-----------------
https://www.nx16.com || https://www.hillmanimp.org || Or find me on Facebook !
moose

Post by moose »

Thanks John.
colimp66
Car Model: 1970 Hillman Imp Deluxe.. "The Pest"

Post by colimp66 »

Nice one Mike, just the man for the job.

Col.
hukent
Club Member: No
Car Model: Sunbeam Imp Sport

Post by hukent »

Having owned my Imp for just over a year now, I have had dealings with Mike, extremely helpfull and really knows his stuff. I've been competing since 1966, so it's good to deal with someone who cares, and doesn't talk B/S !!!
RGWM
Car Model: Singer Chamois, Hillman Husky

Post by RGWM »

From the Competition Secretary of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, welcome to the Comp Sec club ;)

Well volunteered, Mike!

Richard
Richard Murtha, Pennine Area Centre Organiser - Husky to be restored!
moose

Post by moose »

Thanks Richard, Hu, Col, John.

Please follow the link to read Revolution https://revolution.motorsportuk.org/ful ... ntent.html lots of motorsport info in there, how to get started with all aspects of motorsport. It is not just big budget and sponsors. From spectating and marshalling all the way to F1 (maybe not as a driver unless you are really quick in your imp) there are opportunities to get involved.

If you have driven to a motorsport event in your imp or competed think about posting on here to tell us all what you have done. Send a write up to impressions it does not need to be pages long.
moose

Post by moose »

I am working on a series of posts from imp competitors at every level of motorsport, local club marshals and marshals that travel the world. These posts will be about how they started, where their motorsport took them and what they are doing now. Hopefully to give everyone an insight into how many imps are competing and in what disciplines, how many imp members are involved in motorsport. Will this encourage any of you to compete or get involved ?

Classic car tours
Classic rallies
Targa rallies
Racing
Sprinting
Hillclimbs
Autograss
Production car trials
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

Mike,

Nice series of articles. Sounds like you will enjoy it too 8)

I cant get a license so cant compete, no-one around here that competes needs an additional spanner hand so armchair highlights is as much as I can enjoy so this is brilliant for me.

Would make a great series published via the web site rather than here, very little people are able to access it which seems a shame.

Nice article, nice invitation "did you enjoy, please join the club" at end of read. Article promoted by Pete via Social Media

Systems are being investigated and evaluated to make this easy and automatic to promote the club to the worled but for now need done manually.

If Lynda set you a page up to author you could actually do it directly, or if you need a hand to format it up let me know.
- John A. Ross
-----------------
moose

Post by moose »

Cheers John. Marshalling sounds like something you could do! Or just spectate but go there in the imp and let me know.
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

Need to finish the Imp first Mike :lol:

Thats gathering momentum so hopefully soon. seal front screen and brakes, pretty much done. I miss driving my old one daily.
- John A. Ross
-----------------