crew matching section

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
moose
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: rally imp

crew matching section

Post by moose » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Area for matching drivers to co-drivers or co-drivers to drivers, mechanics to drivers/teams, drivers/teams requiring help.

1st one here

co-driver wanted for NESCRO rounds in good spec historic Beetle no experiance necessarry must be able to contribute to costs based on half fuel, half entry (example last weekend lake district classic £90 entry included coffee and evening meal and £20 fuel for 13 special tests and approx 60 miles of regularity and road run all for £65) most events have optional regularity and the organisers all want you to get round so are flexible with the info for the route e.g. if you want to try the regularity they will also supply the tests only road book in case you get it wrong. Cracking social events, driver is competitive but rusty so there will be no pressure for a 1st overall, he would like to compete on several rounds and build the team work up in the car and develop the handling and performance of the car so oportunity for novice to get out on events and learn (inc by mistakes) main priority is enjoying the rallying. PM me initially for details
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
GURNSIMPS
Car Model: IMP SUPER//TRANSIT

Re: crew matching section

Post by GURNSIMPS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 am

Cracking idea Mike,might even tempt me back out in the hot seat one day! :o
Loving Imps since 1963!!
super66
Car Model: Singer Chamois Coupe

Post by super66 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:15 pm

I've already spoke to Mike, but if there is anybody doing some motorsport that would like a service member i'd like to hear from you, massive motorsport fan, imping for years, and a design engineer by trade.

If anyone does need a hand, let me know! :D
The resto continues...
Ian Fisher
Car Model: Sunbeam Imp Sport

Post by Ian Fisher » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi All,

Doesn't look as though many people look at this section very often!

I'm looking for a codriver and a service bod (or two) for Historic stage rallies in Ireland and Belgium, and I'd prefer to be with Imp people. I'd like to form a regular team.

The codriver, preferably small and light, needs a Nat A licence, fireproof race suit complete, HANS and helmet to match. I'd be happy to take on a novice.
The service person should know their way round old cars and trailers and would be responsible for driving my estate car where necessary.

The car is a 1966 Sunbeam Imp Sport, just completely rebuilt and fairly fast (don't know if I am!) and reliable. I've been competing in these rallies for the last 20 odd years and would like to carry on, but it's expensive, and finding people you want to go rallying with is difficult.

I'm based in Wokingham.

Never forget, we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves!

Regards,
Ian Fisher
moose

Post by moose » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm

PM sent
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
super66
Car Model: Singer Chamois Coupe

Post by super66 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm

It looks like the best person to help you has already seen your message. Moose will sort you out!

Good luck with your rallying!
The resto continues...
moose

Post by moose » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 pm

WRC mech available (10 years experience build and on event skills) for any events, competitive rate (he will be fully imp trained over the next 2 months) service vehicles available for more info contact me mms@ghyllfield.fslife.co.uk

regards mike
Regards Moose
Century Autosport