The gauntlet has been thown in the face of the Imps!

mtnbikepoacher
Club Member: No
Car Model: Imp basic and deluxe

The gauntlet has been thown in the face of the Imps!

Post by mtnbikepoacher »

Hey all,
Our 2 race Imps and drivers made it through their first race weekend. On the tracka s competition was a Fiat Abarth with a 1 ltr in it.
A good friend and the competition chairman for the racing club complimented the driver on a good day of driving and such when he mentioned that he and the other Fiats may have some competiton with the 2 Imps this year... His response was "they'll never touch us".

As it was, Jonathan was staying in the back to get through his probation period without incident and avoided passing except in areas he was really comfortable in. It was also his first time in his Imp (he drove his Honda Element the first day for novice day). Jonathans Imp is a 875 bored 40 over and a MkII head that I ported (not cc'd) witha r17 cam. I balanced all the pistons and rods as close as my scale would go. It's power is diverted to the road through a close ratio box which allowed him to hit 9500rpm in fourth on the straights. Exhaust is a Hartwell single weber manifold.

I've added a link to the track we run at. It has a loooong straight on it, and some elevation gain. It's usually traveled counter clockwise.
http://www.pacificraceways.com/info/fm_choose.cfm

So what ya think? Do Imps usually beat Abarth Fiats? It would be great to feed some Humble Pie to the guy :twisted:

Alan "Dr.Evil, Pacific North West Imp club race team manager and engine, car, trouble maker" Petersen
rootes
Club Member: No

Re: The gauntlet has been thown in the face of the Imps!

Post by rootes »

mtnbikepoacher wrote: So what ya think? Do Imps usually beat Abarth Fiats? It would be great to feed some Humble Pie to the guy :twisted:

Alan "Dr.Evil, Pacific North West Imp club race team manager and engine, car, trouble maker" Petersen

Top job guys 8)

well as for beating fiats, you will just have to go out and do it to prove it... :wink:

Si
With Diesel Power, Blows your mind drastically, fantastically
Bevan IMP
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Bevan IMP Group 2

Imp beating Fiats

Post by Bevan IMP »

Just remind the Fiat drivers of when they came to the U.K in the 70's and got thrashed by the Bevan Imp.

My Grandfather was talking to a Fiat owner 20 years after and he was still making accusations of the Imp being illegal.