Wicked Welsh Weekend 2023 - update 21-Aug-23

RoyBlunt
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1966 Hillman Super Imp

Wicked Welsh Weekend 2023 - update 21-Aug-23

Post by RoyBlunt »

One of the static caravans has become available for the WWW period (15-17th September 2023). Please contact Llangorse Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park reception (01874 658226) for details. If you are planning to stay on a bit longer it is sometimes cheaper to consider booking for 7 days – worth enquiring about when talking to reception. There is still space available for camping on our field at Llangorse Lakeside (Ernie’s Field) but please make it clear that you are booking for the Imp Club event otherwise you may end up on another part of the campsite! If you haven’t already done so, please let us know that you have booked by emailing wickedwelshweekend@gmail.com.

WWW organisers (on behalf of the South East Wales Area Centre of the Imp Club): Roy & Dawn Blunt, Phil & Lesley Smith, Peter & Regina Hurst
RoyBlunt
Car Model: 1966 Hillman Super Imp

Re: Wicked Welsh Weekend 2023 (& 2024!)

Post by RoyBlunt »

Just to say thanks to everyone who came to WWW2023. We hope that everyone enjoyed themselves despite the odd scattering of 'liquid sunshine' at times on Saturday & Sunday. Your company and enthusiasm made it another great event.
WWW2023 - Show & Shine Sunday.JPG
The dates for next year's WWW are 20th - 23rd September 2024. We have booked the Community Centre for the Saturday evening again.

You can make 'provisional' camping, caravanning, motorhome, and static caravan bookings by telephoning the Llangorse Lakeside campsite now on 01874 658226. Don't forget to say that you are a member of the Imp Club and are booking for the Imp Club event as the 10 static caravans and all pitches on 'Ernie's Field' are being reserved for Imp Club use only until shortly before the event (if they are not all taken up by then). Bookings will be 'provisional' because the campsite have not yet released prices for 2024 - they will contact you when prices are released to ask if you wish to confirm your booking or not. Please also let the organisers know you have booked by emailing wickedwelshweekend@gmail.com

WWW organisers (on behalf of the South East Wales Area Centre of the Imp Club): Roy & Dawn Blunt, Phil & Lesley Smith, Peter & Regina Hurst
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Re: Wicked Welsh Weekend 2023 - update 21-Aug-23

Post by bazzateer »

Another superb event, good to see old friends and make some new ones.
Huge thanks to the organising team. The community centre and catering was a brilliant option.
Uneventful journey home. Turns out I can do the whole journey on one tank of diesel when I'm not towing the Chamois! :D
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

Pitch reserved for 2024! 😎
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
Uncle Henry
Car Model: Imp deluxe

Post by Uncle Henry »

Yes, had a fabulous time at our first ever Wicked Welsh weekend. A big Thank You to Roy & Dawn Blunt, Phil & Lesley Smith, Peter & Regina Hurst for their organisational skills. Thanks also to all of those who made me Julie feel welcome, and a part of the Imping family. We stayed in a B&B in Brecon (which was also fab, and cheaper than hiring a static on site), but that didn't really detract from the overall experience, having taken part in the organised runs, and evening entertainment. Covered just under 600 miles door to door, start to finish. Currently trying to convince me Julie to do it all again, but may prove too close to our 50th Wedding anniversary to be viable financially. We'll see... :D

AG
Stans best mate.
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c »

Just to add my thanks to the organisers and fellow attendees, great event with great people. Thanks

Scott