60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - Registration open

chairman@theimpclub
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: ...

60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - Registration open

Post by chairman@theimpclub »

I'm very pleased to say that registration for this event is now open on the Club website - see https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-60-cov ... e-booking/.

Please note that booking will close on April 18th.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
impmann
Car Model: ...er, one or two

Re: 60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - Registration open

Post by impmann »

At the risk of being that guy...

HOW MUCH????????

Over £100 for two people camping for two nights - sorry, thats just outrageous for camping in a field next to the ring road in Coventry at a Rugby Club.

I hope those numbers are an error... :shock:
Tim Morgan
Imps since 1987... one or two of them. ;-)
chairman@theimpclub

Re: 60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - Registration open

Tim,

Sorry - it is not over £100 for two people camping for two nights but I can see how you could think that. I have asked for the wording to be changed to make it clearer.

The camping costs include the cost of an event pass. Thus it is £15/unit/night plus the cost of the event pass per person (taken as the £24 full event pass per person).

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
moose
Car Model: rally imp

Post by moose »

Camping - 1 Night Camping - 2 Nights Camping - 3 Nights Camping - 4 Nights
1 Adult £39.00 1 Adult £54.00 1 Adult £69.00 1 Adult £84.00
2 Adults £63.00 2 Adults £78.00 2 Adults £93.00 2 Adults £108.00
3 Adults £87.00 3 Adults £102.00 3 Adults £117.00 3 Adults £132.00
4 Adults £111.00 4 Adults £126.00 4 Adults £141.00 4 Adults £156.00

Two people camping two nights £78 £19.50 per night per person inc event pass for two for two days ?
Regards Moose imp competition secretary
jetmech
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by jetmech »

Do you have to register to spectate at the track day?
I am thinking of driving to the track from home and then onward to Coventry. I am more than willing to help if required.

Simon Imp004.
chairman@theimpclub

Simon,
No need to register to spectate at the Club Curborough trackday. I'm expecting that quite a few people might call in on their way to Coventry and, once we have finalised details, will publish a start time.

The Curborough trackday is being treated as essentially separate from the main Coventry event but it would be useful to have an idea of numbers likely to attend as spectators - thus the tick box on the booking form.

Thanks for offer of help - I'll get back to you by email.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Uncle Henry
Car Model: Imp deluxe

Post by Uncle Henry »

Here's a thought for the 60th, or National even : invite Radio2's Sally Traffic....Read on ...

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/inte ... llman-imp/

UH
Stans best mate.
ImpManiac

Post by ImpManiac »

What a great tale, UH! :mrgreen: Thank you for sharing the link.

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
chairman@theimpclub

Great idea - will try. There is a wonderful (totally accidental of course - two different cars) possible tie-up with 'Project Doris' (the restoration of an early Mk 1 Imp by John Ross - if you don't know about this you will have to search for it on hillmanimp.org or wait for the March Impressions to arrive.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
John A Ross
Car Model: TOO MANY !

Post by John A Ross »

(Interesting indeed Roy, EYH was Richard / Karens old car that Clark worked his magic on.

He replaced the rear transom as it was gone, however I salvaged the transom jack points from the original rotted one I gleamed from Clarks skip to keep for my Doris as I could not find a good original MK 1 one and was going to make it.

So actually some original parts of EYH will be on our Doris

Car still loosk great, last time I seen it was when I was in Cannonbie with our other green MK 1
PIC-09055.jpg
PIC-09057.jpg
All ties together very nicely

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- John A. Ross
-----------------
https://www.nx16.com || https://www.hillmanimp.org || Or find me on Facebook !
chairman@theimpclub

Just to say that I did contact Sally and had a lovely email back. I don't know whether we will see her (or David Lloyd from Boom Radio - see other thread) at a Club event but the invitations have been made.

I'm also very hopeful that our little car and a Club member will get coverage in the national press on Saturday 4th. No promises - if a major news story breaks it will obviously take precedence over a non-time sensitive article.

Roy
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

Great news Roy. Hopefully it'll all come good !

AG
Stans best mate.
ImpManiac

Post by ImpManiac »

Well done, Roy. :D One can but ask. :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

RIGHT..... :?
So, now the Coventry booking form has landed, but the confusion continues. Can somebody PLEASE confirm that the cost for 2 adults camping on one pitch for 4 nights will be : £48 + £63 = £111

Or... is it 2 x £24 = £48 + £108 = £156, or £19.50 per night EACH.

The wording down the left hand side, if the above is correct, ought to have said 1 Adult, 2 Adults, 3 Adults and not Adult 1, Adult 2 etc

It makes a fair bit of difference !! :roll:

AG
Stans best mate.
Dave & Lynda
Car Model: Singer Chamois Coupe and Sunbeam Stiletto

Post by Dave & Lynda »

Andy

Use the online booking form on the website - https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-60-cov ... e-booking/
or if you are definitely camping the direct link is - https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/pre-bookin ... ng-choice/

The information there is correct and fairly self explanatory.
Booking online also makes life much easier for Simon Benoy who is handling the bookings

Dave
Lynda & Dave
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c »

Uncle Henry wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:07 pm RIGHT..... :?
So, now the Coventry booking form has landed, but the confusion continues. Can somebody PLEASE confirm that the cost for 2 adults camping on one pitch for 4 nights will be : £48 + £63 = £111

Or... is it 2 x £24 = £48 + £108 = £156, or £19.50 per night EACH.

The wording down the left hand side, if the above is correct, ought to have said 1 Adult, 2 Adults, 3 Adults and not Adult 1, Adult 2 etc

It makes a fair bit of difference !! :roll:

AG
Andy

Neither, unfortunately once printed the paper form can't be amended, however such is the power of modern technology the online form can be and if I've read that correctly you're less than both calculations at £108. :D

Hope it's a good event, unfortunately won't be there myself :(

Scott
pubcrawler
Car Model: 1965 Imp, 1971 AH Sprite MkIV, 1965 Triumph Herald

Post by pubcrawler »

I want to take part in the run on Sunday to the Great British Car Journey.
Can I just turn up at the Rugby Club on the morning or do I have to book a day?
Owner of the Green Heartbeat Imp from Aidensfield!
Martin Parkes.
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

if I've read that correctly you're less than both calculations at £108.
So, it's still confusing ! bl***y hell fire - now my brain hurts !

AG
Stans best mate.
Website Editor
Car Model: Singer Chamois Coupe

Post by Website Editor »

To calculate the cost of attending Imp 60 celebrations at Coventry apply the following:

For those camping:
Camping pitch £15 per night. (Maximum of 4 adults per camping pitch)
Plus
£24 event pass for each adult camping.

EG
For 2 adults camping for 4 nights the charge is as follows:
Camping pitch for 4 nights at £15 per night
4 x £15 = £60
Plus
Event pass for each adult
2 x £24 = £48

Total payable : £60 + £48 = £108

For those staying off-site
Single day passes per adult are £12
Event passes per adult are £24

Hope this makes things clearer.

Lynda
Lynda Dickinson (Website Editor)
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

Screenshot_20230303_221206_Facebook.jpg
Can somebody PLEASE clear this mess up ! Quite frankly, I now don't know if I'm on foot or horseback. :evil:

AG

ADENDUM : I SEE LYNDA POSTED WHILE I WAS UPLOADING THE IMAGE, SO, ASSUMING THIS IS THE FINAL INSTRUCTION, THINGS ARE NOW CLEARER.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stans best mate.
The Diggerboy
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp

Post by The Diggerboy »

Surely the form is just a metaphor for the car itself? The Mk1 comes out with design faults and you're better off waiting for the IMProved Mk2 where they've been corrected.
Actually I suspect it's a cunning plan to get everyone using the on-line booking system which helps the organisers, saves time, effort and postage costs, and avoids committing all your credit card security info onto paper and into the post.
Unless you don't 'Do' computers or have some other sound reason why not to?
chairman@theimpclub

pubcrawler wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:20 am I want to take part in the run on Sunday to the Great British Car Journey.
Can I just turn up at the Rugby Club on the morning or do I have to book a day?

Ideally we'd much prefer everybody to buy a day or event pass for the event and join us at the Rugby Club for the start of the run - hopefully returning in the evening for a social get together. Then you will get an event pack and route info. If you don't want to do that there is nothing to stop you driving up to the Great British Car Journey on Sunday 30th April and meeting up there. We plan to arrive at the GBCJ between 12:00 and 13:00 and there is no limit on numbers - in fact the more the better as we can get a deduction on the entry cost if there are sufficient people entering as a group (NB it is a case of pay on entry).

Please note that the situation over entry to the Millennium Place display on Saturday 29th April is different because the number of cars will be strictly limited. You will need a numbered entry pass which will be checked (or, if you are registered but are going direct to Millennium Place before picking up your event pack at the Rugby Club, given out) by a Club marshall at the entrance to Millennium Place who will have a list of registration numbers and/or names.

Sorry if it all sounds complicated.

Roy
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

All booked. Hopefully early enough for the Museum display too. 😎

AG
Stans best mate.
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy »

Andy,

We haven't yet reached 60 cars booked into Millenium Place, but we aren't too far off, so everybody that has booked so far is in. Once bookings get to capacity I will start a reserve list and inform people of their position.

Cheers - Simon
keanej
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super

Post by keanej »

Discussing last night at the Warrington meeting.

One option was to drive down Saturday morning and go straight to Coventry car museum for the display parking - is that OK to do or do we need to come to the Rugby club 1st ?

We'll be staying over on Saturday and hopefully join in at the Rugby club in the evening for food and beers and hopefully do the run on Sunday.
John
Rover P4 + P6
Imp Super
Saab 99L + 9000
Sandbach, Cheshire
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy »

Hi John

This should be fine provided that you are prebooked and on the list of cars for Millenium Place.

Thanks - Simon
chairman@theimpclub

John,

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Yes - if you have registered (and haven't been told in your acknowledgement email that there are no more places available) you can come direct to Millennium Place - see below from my post on Saturday 4th March.
chairman@theimpclub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:07 pm Please note that the situation over entry to the Millennium Place display on Saturday 29th April is different because the number of cars will be strictly limited. You will need a numbered entry pass which will be checked (or, if you are registered but are going direct to Millennium Place before picking up your event pack at the Rugby Club, given out) by a Club marshall at the entrance to Millennium Place who will have a list of registration numbers and/or names.
Hope that helps,

Roy Blunt
Chairman - the Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Tarkaimp

Post by Tarkaimp »

chairman@theimpclub wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 pm I'm very pleased to say that registration for this event is now open on the Club website - see https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-60-cov ... e-booking/.

Please note that booking will close on April 18th.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
Hello.
I hope to come up on the Saturday morning. What time do I have to be there as I'll be going to the Coventry Museum of Transport gathering. Ten years ago I seem to remember there was a time when most people left the rugby club for the run to Coventry.

Many thanks

Mark.
chairman@theimpclub

Display cars should arrive at Millennium Place between 10:30 and 11:30 and be prepared to stay until at least 15:00. Rally control at the Rugby Club will be open from 09:00 - 11:00 on the Saturday morning and will reopen at 16:00.

Full details of event timing, etc., will appear in the April issue of Impressions and on the Club website towards the end of March.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
chairman@theimpclub

For updated info please see https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-60/

Club Spares will be at Broadstreet RFC over the event weekend with a selection of spares. As always it would be best to pre-order your requirements in good time and collect them from Bob Allan on site - thus saving you postage.

One driver has had to drop out of the Curborough track day (28th April) owing to an unfortunate accident to his Imp – if you are interested in taking this entry please contact me on imp60thcoventry2023@gmail.com as soon as possible.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Vandergast
Club Member: No
Car Model: n/a

Post by Vandergast »

For anyone who is attending the 60th Anniversary event, I have a barn find engine and gearbox that needs re-homing. 10mins from Broadstreet RFC in Long Lawford if you would like to take a look at it.

Details are on the ‘Spares for sale’ forum board
viewtopic.php?t=34341

Cheers, Tim
chairman@theimpclub

Re: 60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - updates

Updates on arrangements for the Coventry event:

Sunday 30th April - The Great British Car Journey is the primary destination for runs out from Coventry on Sunday 30th April but the Stratford Festival of Motoring was also listed as an option – however the Stratford FoM has now been cancelled by the organisers.

Just a reminder - there is still a vacant place for a car at the Curborough track day on Friday 28th April. If you are a Club member and interested in taking this entry please contact me on imp60thcoventry2023@gmail.com as soon as possible.

Roy Blunt
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
chairman@theimpclub

Re: 60th Anniversary of the Imp - Celebration event at Coventry - Update 12th April

All display places in Millennium Place on Saturday 29th April are now taken.

There is still a free place available for the Curborough Imp Club track day on Friday 28th - please contact me on imp60thcoventry2023@gmail.com as soon as possible if you are interested in taking this place.

Event registration closes on April 18th - see https://www.theimpclub.co.uk/imp-60-cov ... e-booking/

Roy

Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

All loaded up and ready to go tomorrow - Can't wait ! Just a shopping errand to run in the morning to cater for Fridays breakfast in the Sussex AC Village Hall for our lovely lot !

See a good few of you there, no doubt .... drop by for tea or coffee ! 8)

UH
Stans best mate.
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

Will be good to see everyone.
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
chairman@theimpclub

Yes - look forward to seeing you all there.
Safe journeys.....

Roy
Chairman - The Imp Club
-------------
Chairman
The Imp Club
Grahame59

Post by Grahame59 »

Goes without saying all words and photos of the event gratefully received for Impressions!

Thanks in advance.
Grahame Pearson
Member No. 23
Editor, Impressions

1967 Imp Super
(0-60 like a Porsche, only slower)
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

I hope everyone thoroughly enjoys the weekend, best of luck and hope the weather holds :-)

Sorry I a was unable to make the drive.

- John A. Ross
-----------------
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

The event seems to have started off nicely yesterday with the track day at Curborough as part of this weekend's 60th Anniversary celebrations.

From The Imp Club Official Facebook pages for those that do not do FB but for those that do here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064321256358

343777793_189340190232600_7879317949304703704_n.jpg
343867450_1176934122978896_5154558992950585351_n.jpg
343932903_253731497068468_6459611824704023494_n.jpg
343862650_670692981530524_8679744689193305781_n.jpg
343692559_134087636234239_7259545590928155870_n.jpg
- John A. Ross
-----------------
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

And Simon up bright and early getting ready at the transport museum

Hope the weather clears quickly 8)

Image posted by Simon via FB
342673376_798282911344868_2162069188247836900_n.jpg
- John A. Ross
-----------------
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

And some more of the line up, looks a fantastic turn out
coventry.jpg
and in another area.jpg
- John A. Ross
-----------------
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

And another fun filled day !
gbcj.jpg
- John A. Ross
-----------------
John A Ross

Post by John A Ross »

And the fun continues :D
jimfraser.jpg
- John A. Ross
-----------------
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

Home now after another great Imping weekend.

Thanks to the organising team, I had a great time.

Roll on Full English.🙂
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

Yep, a very entertaining weekend, and a credit to the organisers, as Baz has already alluded to :D

Had a great time at both car museums, and Curborough sprint, wasn't too phased by the rainy spells (as the periods of sunshine compensated fully), and a top time with my Sussex AC companions. I'll work out my personal mileages and feel consumption later. Need a few hours recuperation first 8) . Man, but there's some poor driving our there :?

AG
Stans best mate.
jetmech

Post by jetmech »

A great weekend, well done and thank you to all involved in organising the event. Great to catch up with friends.
IMG_1640.jpeg
IMG_1648.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg
IMG_1653.jpeg
IMG_1655.jpeg
moose
Car Model: rally imp

Post by moose »

Regards Moose imp competition secretary
philgsmith
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith »

We were home before 2pm - straightforward drive on A46, M40, M42, M5 M50, A449, A472. Quite quiet - only a few lorries and coaches. Motorhome emptied and washing on before 5pm. Our longest UK trip - 11 nights that included Ecosse and Coventry - in caravan or motorhome, ever. Over 1000 miles covered.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the organisation. Special mention for Roy who shouldered much of the responsibilities and worries. It was a great success. Thank you to everyone who turned up, it was great to see you all.

Phil & Lesley
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
Grahame59

Post by Grahame59 »

Sounds a great event. Sadly I was unable to be there.

Just a reminder for those who would like to send words and pics in to Impressions, plus of course the main report(s), that the copy date is 8th May. Thanks.
Grahame Pearson
Member No. 23
Editor, Impressions

1967 Imp Super
(0-60 like a Porsche, only slower)
GeForce Junky
Car Model: Hillman Imp Van

Post by GeForce Junky »

We had a great weekend, many many thanks to all the organisers.