WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2022 ANNOUNCEMENT

philgsmith
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2022 ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by philgsmith »

The 2022 event will be held (Covid or other restrictions permitting!!!) at the Llangorse Lakeside campsite (www.llangorselake.co.uk) in the Brecon Beacons from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th September 2022. All 10 static caravans (4 berth & 6 berth) have been reserved for our exclusive use. For camping we have reserved Ernie’s Field (26 pitches all with EHU). The format of the event will hopefully be similar to previous years (see the Events tab on the Club Website).

Bookings can be made from now – contact the site directly – details below. Please book by telephone as, having reserved Ernie’s Field & the static caravans for our exclusive use, the website will say that there is limited availability. Please remember that the campsite reception office is not always manned full time in the winter months.

Bed & breakfast accommodation is available in Llangorse village (within walking distance) with further accommodation in nearby Bwlch and Brecon - see http://aroundllangorselake.co.uk/accommodation.

Whichever accommodation option you take PLEASE can you also let the organisers know separately who is attending and on which days (preferably by email to wickedwelshweekend@gmail.com) as we need to know how many plan to attend in order to make arrangements for event packs, meals, space for car parking on runs, etc., or to update people if our plans have to be changed at short notice. Please remember that the campsite and B&Bs do NOT pass on contact details to us!

Site Contact Details:

Llangorse Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park: Telephone – 01874 658226 or email – holidays@llangorselake.co.uk. You MUST mention that you are booking as part of the Imp Club Wicked Welsh Weekend or you won’t be put on ‘our’ field!

Organisers (on behalf of the South & West Wales Area Centre)
Roy & Dawn Blunt 07438103754 – (RoyBlunt on the Forum, email - wickedwelshweekend@gmail.com)

Phil & Lesley Smith 07896980914 / 07887591634 – (philgsmith on the Forum)

Peter & Regina Hurst 07872351179 - (Peter Hurst on the Forum)
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
RoyBlunt
Car Model: 1966 Hillman Super Imp

Re: WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2022 ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by RoyBlunt »

All,
We've just had a phone call from Lakeside reception to say that ALL the statics are now booked. That's just !2 hours after our announcement went out - this must be a record! Presumably everybody enjoyed WWW 2021 despite the odd arrangements at times!

Suzy says - see you next year!

Dawn & Roy Imp011
RoyBlunt

Re: WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2022 UPDATE

Post by RoyBlunt »

Just a reminder that the 2022 event will be held at the Llangorse Lakeside campsite (www.llangorselake.co.uk) in the Brecon Beacons from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th September 2022 inclusive. The format of the event will hopefully be similar to pre-pandemic years i.e. runs out on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday plus a ‘Show & Shine’ on Sunday. However we haven’t so far been able to confirm arrangements over availability of the bar for meals and the usual get-together, etc., on the Friday and Saturday evenings. The Café will be open but only until 17:00.

All the static caravans are taken but there is plenty of room left for camping. Please contact the site directly by telephone to book - details below. Bed & breakfast accommodation is normally available in Llangorse village (within walking distance) with further accommodation in nearby Bwlch and Brecon - see http://aroundllangorselake.co.uk/accommodation. However it seems that B&B accommodation is rather limited this year..

Whichever accommodation option you take PLEASE can you also let the organisers know separately who is attending and on which days (preferably by email to wickedwelshweekend@gmail.com). Remember that the campsite and B&Bs do NOT pass on contact details to us! If you don’t tell us you are coming we can’t keep you up to date!

Site Contact Details:
Llangorse Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park: Telephone – 01874 658226. You MUST mention that you are an Imp Club member and are booking as part of the Imp Club Wicked Welsh Weekend or you won’t be put on ‘our’ field!

Organisers (on behalf of the South East Wales Area Centre of the Imp Club):

Roy & Dawn Blunt
Phil & Lesley Smith
Peter & Regina Hurst
phatbob
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Post by phatbob »

Rooms available in a static Caravan at WWW.

Due to changes in circumstances I find myself without my usual "caravanmates" at WWW this year. Consequently, I have two twin rooms available in a static caravan at WWW for four nights, from the Thursday afternoon until the Monday morning.
£133 per room, which is a pro rata of the total of £400 I have already paid out.
Some reduction may be available as I expect Dave the Van to be making use of the sofa bed for a couple of nights, for which he usually chips in a suitable contribution.
So if you fancy nice warm, dry, comfortable accommodation, rather than your tent, drop me a line.
Cheers!
Bob.
Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
RoyBlunt

Post by RoyBlunt »

Just to say that there are 6 unoccupied camping pitches left on our field for WWW. If these aren't taken up by Monday 5th September they will be made available for the general public to book.

Roy Imp011
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c »

Big thanks to the organizers and everyone who came along, Great Weekend - brilliant weather, superb roads, wonderful people, fabulous food (although we did eat out for 4 nights). Apparently, there might have been some issues re the bar but didn't spoil or impact our weekend so only one thing to add .........................................when is the next one.

Thanks again, cracking weekend.

Scott
RoyBlunt

Post by RoyBlunt »

Thanks Scott,

It was great to see you all.

We need to sort out a couple of details with the rest of the team then will make an announcement.

Dawn & Roy (and Suzy Imp011 )
jetmech
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by jetmech »

Absolutely great weekend, thank you everyone involved in organising it.
Good run home, car behaved itself all weekend, 708 miles added to the odometer.

Simon Imp004
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

Another great WWW, thanks to the organisers and everyone who came.
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
RayFletcher
Car Model: Commer Van

Post by RayFletcher »

I just wanted to thank the Northampton Numbskulls, Ed, Dick and Paul for taking me under their wing after my van failed to get to the weekend following a mishap en route. Particularly Ed, who invited me to "navigate" for him in his lovely green and white Huskey on the runs for which I would otherwise have missed out. What a nice friendly club we have. Thanks guys and Cheers, Ray Fletcher.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c »

On my way to the WWW in September I stopped at a number of places including Elan Valley, anyone who was there will remember how low the reservoirs were - not any more. :shock:
IMG-20220914-WA0026.jpeg
IMG-20220914-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20220914-WA0032.jpeg
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/news/wa ... edgdhp&t=7

Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.