Rotor Arm Breakages

wiskid
Club Member: No
Car Model: .

Rotor Arm Breakages

Post by wiskid »

I have had two rotor arms break on me. The first was an original and the second was one of the famed Red Rotor arms. Both broke at the same place, the little plastic woodrfof key part on the internal fitment hole. This is a race engine and although the part is inexpensive, the failure to finish is. I am thinking in putting a spot of super glue to the internal shoulder of the rotor arm to enforce the locking mechanism of the woodrof key but realise that this may stop me from replacing the rotor at a future date. Please discuss problem and intended cure.

Ian
Imp011 Imp003
bazzateer
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Re: Rotor Arm Breakages

Post by bazzateer »

I'd speak to the supplier(s).
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
Teddie2003
Car Model: Clan Crusader & Davrian Mk6

Post by Teddie2003 »

wiskid wrote:I have had two rotor arms break on me. The first was an original and the second was one of the famed Red Rotor arms. Both broke at the same place, the little plastic woodrfof key part on the internal fitment hole. This is a race engine and although the part is inexpensive, the failure to finish is. I am thinking in putting a spot of super glue to the internal shoulder of the rotor arm to enforce the locking mechanism of the woodrof key but realise that this may stop me from replacing the rotor at a future date. Please discuss problem and intended cure.

Ian
Imp011 Imp003
Might be worth giving Moose(Mike Dent) a call/email, as he rallies his Imp and has developed his own ignition items to get the reliability he wants.

07973298368 mikedent87@gmail.com
wiskid
Club Member: No
Car Model: .

Post by wiskid »

Contacted Mike and he was very helpful and purchased a new cap to his design and rotor arm with leads to suit. After a two day sprint with PB time the cap and rotor are totoally unmarked. SUCCESS. Highly recommend Mike to anyone.
Ian
Imp011 Imp003
617sqn
Car Model: Hillman Imp 1972

Post by 617sqn »

I met him for the first time at this years National. He comes across as a very knowledgeable bloke, who's very passionate about the items he produces. Usually in small batches, and always developed on his rally Imp. Nice guy to talk to as well, if you get the opportunity. 8) I've used his rear brake shoes for a few years now - top drawer.

Andy G
Member No. 7500, and Stan's best mate.
moose
Car Model: rally imp

Post by moose »

Thanks for the comments chaps. It is a passion to have quality parts as to finish first, first you need to finish. I can remember the failures of components that were supposed to be up to the job that weren't and the disappointment that caused me (and cost).
Regards Moose imp competition secretary