Cadwell May 2018 support

Slalom
Club Member: No
Car Model: Hillman Imp

Cadwell May 2018 support

Post by Slalom »

Hi My pal has entered his Imp for two races. He's had some experience of circuit racing in Australia but never driven Cadwell and only had a brief test in the Imp at Lydden earlier this year. It would be nice to have a friendly contact with a bit of Imp race experience to chat to there or in advance. Cheers Jonathan!
philgsmith
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Re: Cadwell May 2018 support

Post by philgsmith »

Is this the HSCC meeting on the 19th? There are usually a few Imps entered and they usually park together in the paddock - so there should be people to talk to. Racing Imps are always very friendly. Imps have won the HSCC/HRSR overall championship for the last 3 years so there's plenty of knowledge and experience out there. Imps usually go well at Cadwell and given Steve and Adrian's performances already this season they could be running up front (both past champions). Phil
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to it. I know my pal is excited at the prospect of racing at Cadwell. I've been a couple of times to spectate at VSCC meetings. My dad used to love driving there. I did do a few laps of the short circuit on a motorbike behind an instructor years ago. It was a bit of a blur! I'd like to speak to someone about tyres and brakes. Should we bring extras tyres and pads for example. Will there be someone there fitting tyres? That sort of thing...
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy »

The HTC only allow Dunlop CR64 tyres - a historic crossply, only available from HP Tyres. They are at most meetings but best to pre-order if you need tyres and be warned, they are expensive. Races are typically 20 mins to brake pad (or shoes if you have drums) will last for a season or 2 at least. Happy to chat to you or your mate, but I won't be at Cadwell this year.
philgsmith

Post by philgsmith »

Jonathan - if you didn't know already, Simon was HSCC/HRSR overall Champion in 2015 & 2016, Adrian Oliver has multiple Championships and Steve Platts is reigning champion .. so your friend will get lots of friendly advice on here and at Cadwell. There are usually a few Club members watching the racing too and with the open paddock there'll be lots of support.

Providing they've entered of course!..

https://www.hrsr.racing/series-winners-1989-onwards

Phil
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

Hi Our car has an Odyssey battery. It is clamped down in an ally cradle on its side on the passenger side. Not in a battery box. Is this OK?
Jonathan
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy »

Yes, this will be fine.
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

Well. It was an epic and hot weekend. The wee car survived. Cadwell proved to be a baptism by fire as it is very challenging and narrow but everyone was really helpful and friendly. Scrutineering wasn't as bad as I imagined as the previous owner of the car had prepared it well. All I did was some lockwiring which wasn't really examined. They were more interested in the vital safety stuff unsurprisingly. My driver being a big lad was initially underwhelmed by the grunt from a 998! But by the time we were finished was singing the car's cornering and speed carrying ability. No nasty surprises! There's a lot to learn but we will be back.
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

A couple of snaps from the weekend in Lincolnshire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

Good to meet Keith Evans from the club. He kept us amused and filled us in on lots of topical Imp stuff.
knocker
Car Model: Maguire Stiletto Ginetta G15

Post by knocker »

He could enter it in the CTCC race meeting at Lydden on the 8th July.
Robert Knox
3 Imps
3 Ginetta's
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

I'll check this out! Thanks.
benwick3
Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Post by benwick3 »

Another event that may be of interest is the Classic & Modern Motorsport Festival at Mallory Park on June 11th. This has a Invitation British T'bred/Classic Challenge with a potential second race being the end of meeting Sports carV Saloon car Challenge. Further details at www.cmmotorsportclub.com

Pete Richards
Repair. Rebuild. Repeat.
philgsmith

Post by philgsmith »

Some photos from Ten Tenths Forum .. https://www.flickr.com/photos/131996211 ... 546707447/
Slalom

Post by Slalom »

philgsmith wrote:Some photos from Ten Tenths Forum .. https://www.flickr.com/photos/131996211 ... 546707447/
Thanks for this.
Teddie2003
Car Model: Clan Crusader & Davrian Mk6

Post by Teddie2003 »

knocker wrote:He could enter it in the CTCC race meeting at Lydden on the 8th July.
Hello Rob,

do you know when the times for the race meet on the 8th will be published?

As we hope to travel up from Hants on the day and just wondered on practice and race times for the race you and Colin are running in on that day.

Steve
colin rooney

Post by colin rooney »

hi steve im working on the car i hope to be ready but im just going to use it as a test session and settle my engine and myself back into the car , i dont know the times yet

col
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

colin rooney wrote:hi steve im working on the car i hope to be ready but im just going to use it as a test session and settle my engine and myself back into the car , i dont know the times yet

col
Hi Colin,

Ok, as and when you or Rob know timescale for the 8th if you can let me know and then we can plan what time to leave as it's a good 2.5 hours drive depending on the wonders of the M25 on that day.

Thruxton was good on the 2nd/3rd, 6 Davrians and 3 Imps on first day

Steve
colin rooney

Post by colin rooney »

hi steve i wont be racing at lydden but will be there as rob is racing had a few issues with the cylinder head

col
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

Hi Col,

cheers for letting me know. I'll give you a call this week about some other stuff.

Not sure if I'm going to Lydden at the weekend as I've worked four of the last seven Sundays on a ship in Portsmouth and just waiting to find out if we are finishing some stuff this coming week or in three weeks time.

Steve