Imp Saloon

Erm ...Cars and Parts Wanted. Imp related only please all others will be deleted

Imp Saloon

Postby Don Maxwell » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 am

I have just joined the Imp Club. I had an Imp many years ago and I have been keeping my eye open for a while for a really good and well looked after example. Standard saloon preferred, of any age. So, if anyone is thinking of selling, please let me know.
There is one that looks good for sale in the September magazine, but nobody answers the number quoted, only goes on the answer phone. Probably sold by now anyway.
Don Maxwell

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: None as yet, but searching

Re: Imp Saloon

Postby philgsmith » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Don

The Ed Rhys car is being sold by Keith Evans, he is Gloucester ACO and there is a landline number for him at the back of Impressions. May be worth trying that. I have no idea whether the car is sold or not.

Phil

PS send a PM to ChrisBenoy and ask him to change your profile to blue - club member. You'll get access to more of the Forum articles. You need to quote your membership number.
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
philgsmith

Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF

Postby John Ross » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 am

philgsmith wrote:Hi Don
The Ed Rhys car is being sold by Keith Evans, he is Gloucester ACO and there is a landline number for him at the back of Impressions. May be worth trying that. I have no idea whether the car is sold or not.

If its Eds car that was in the mag then yes it has been sold to a nice chap in Aberdeen. Keith is currently at his caravan so away from home (hence no asnwer0, and driving back tomorrow.

The car was a really good example and in good company before it left as Alex broaught OAW along to see it off, OAW was fully restored by Clark.

I do know where there is an absolutely fantastic example sitting, but you would be looking to pay about 8K for it as well, worth every penny IMO and i am as miserable and tight as they come :lol: :lol: if of course you want a solid car with no skeletons hiding and a full history. Thing is I am still not convinced the woner wants to part with it however it is sitting garaged and not in daily use despite being on the road and dtsarting first turn of key.

The cost of these little cars is much a real debate however really really good examples like Eds car are quite rare and will always command a lot of money.

John
Attachments
20170911_130147.jpg
John Ross

Car Model: too many at moment.....

Postby Don Maxwell » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Phil, I have done what you suggested ref. me in pink!

John, i'll pm you ref. Imp

Thanks to both
Don Maxwell

Car Model: None as yet, but searching

Postby John Ross » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Don Maxwell wrote:Phil, I have done what you suggested ref. me in pink!

John, i'll pm you ref. Imp

Thanks to both

Don, yes I can pass your details on to the owner of the other car as long as the price is not scary. All I can say is it is in exceptional condition compared to buying a 3~4 K car, you could not get a 3~4k car to same condition bodywork and paint wise for the difference. I am still in two minds to buy it myself as restoring these things myself is getting a bit tedious for me (and it is DAMNED expensive) and starting to feel I would rather spend the time driving than bashing metal ....

John
John Ross

Car Model: too many at moment.....

Return to Cars and Parts Wanted