Taith Cymru run

Peter Hurst
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: singer chamois

Taith Cymru run

Post by Peter Hurst »

Out on Taith Cymru scenic Tour last Sunday on some of the best roads in Powys and Cerdigion
As the organiser I ran at back of field of 60 classic cars but no other Imps entered.

First real time given BMW K1100 some proper wellie (where safe to do so)
Ran well and did 220 miles and tank still quarter full at end.
Only disappointed was coming home and accelerating hard out of a roundabout I couldnt quite match a Mini Cooper S! Admittedly it was also a BMW version! Gave the driver a shock though and he slowed at next roundabout to have a good look
78small.jpg
I'm on the grass as passing a cyclist. They were a bit of a pain in places cycling two a breast down narrow roads!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GURNSIMPS
Car Model: IMP SUPER//TRANSIT

Re: Taith Cymru run

Post by GURNSIMPS »

Pm'd you on facebook on the day,was coming out for a look but couldn't get hold of you.
Loving Imps since 1963!!
Peter Hurst
Car Model: singer chamois

Post by Peter Hurst »

GURNSIMPS wrote:Pm'd you on facebook on the day,was coming out for a look but couldn't get hold of you.
Sorry busy on day and didnt look at FB. Considering great weather very few other cars around. Went at a brisk pace over Eppynt and didnt see a single other car
Only Elan valley section was busy with day trippers, MGF owners dawdling along in opposite direction (no Phil to lead them) and boy racers out in Renault Clios.
Meet a group of MAMIL's doing time trials UP devils staircase not that slowed me down with 8000rpm in first and second I soon cleared them out the way
philgsmith
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith »

Peter Hurst wrote:
GURNSIMPS wrote:MGF owners dawdling along in opposite direction (no Phil to lead them) and boy racers out in Renault Clios...
The MGF group does tend to dawdle along unless we are leading, and I'm not doing that again after being "told" I was going too fast over Epynt and that I should always keep the last car in view so that we all keep together !.. It all kicked off after a group of cyclists refused to let the 2nd half of the group pass in the lanes, and they subsequently missed a turning, even though everyone had very detailed route instructions.

Can't imagine that happening on an Imp run.

Phil
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time