BEU 870D singer chamois

buk100
Club Member: No
Car Model: singer chamois

BEU 870D singer chamois

Post by buk100 »

slightly less of a mammoth task than the police car, this is the car i should have done for the new year,
i dont have another picture of it so this again is in the van (the reason i know they fit) Image
pubcrawler
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1965 Imp, 1971 AH Sprite MkIV, 1965 Triumph Herald

Re: BEU 870D singer chamois

Post by pubcrawler »

What came first, the Imp or the van :lol: :!: :roll:
Owner of the Green Heartbeat Imp from Aidensfield!
Martin Parkes.
buk100

Post by buk100 »

so the shiny red car in the picture is now upside down and looking a lot worse for wear, ive just spent this weekend welding up the rear floor and crossmember mounting points and started to poke the filler out of the front pannel and bottom of the wings...
album of the pictures ive taken so far http://s259.beta.photobucket.com/user/j ... 0be%20blue
Dave ' Linwood ' Lane
Car Model: ,n/a

Post by Dave ' Linwood ' Lane »

I see your imp in van photo and raise you
( I think youve won

Formally known as " Noddy "
The Nun
Car Model: Imp

Post by The Nun »

buk100 wrote:Image
Looks like one of those now Ive got it in there how do I open the door moments?
Peter Nunn...ey im member 00033
buk100

Post by buk100 »

so the build taken alot longer than intended... mainly me been busy with racing commitments and the car needing a ton of work i didn't account for. mainly the front panel and scuttle panel been badly repaired and mainly filler so much so it all cracked off checking the bonnet fitted before painting it.

the cars currently going back in one piece with only the interior, windows and doors to go back on. stuck for a few bis of trim for the interior and around the rear window but they wont stop it going for an mot in the coming weeks.

all the pictures from the build: https://plus.google.com/photos/11099657 ... 87yavrjPbA
ibbo
Car Model: .

Post by ibbo »

hi there couldn't help but notice the davrian I have a mk8 that will be back on the road come the spring I want to fit full harness seat belts but not sure of best way to mount them pics or a diagram of how yours have been done would be most helpful sorry if its a cheeky question but its one of those jobs that has to be right ps the imps looking good
mark ibbotson
Grahame59
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super

Post by Grahame59 »

The Nun wrote:
buk100 wrote:Image
Looks like one of those now Ive got it in there how do I open the door moments?
It's all very well using a van as a temporary garage but it gets a bit tedious removing all the trim each evening. :wink:
Grahame Pearson
Member No. 23
Editor, Impressions

1967 Imp Super
(0-60 like a Porsche, only slower)
buk100

Post by buk100 »

finally got round to my imp after a long time left in trailers and outside once the glass was in. still not finished inside but only the carpet and the rear pannels need to go in, currently has a wierd vinyl/pvc flooring in it all properly shaped im guessing some form of factory fitment?

the list of jobs is getting smaller but its still requires as mentioned the interior finishing off, some nice wheels and tyres, a good polish and a few exterior trim that im missing...

car passed its mot today with one advisory (N/S/F tyre been close to the legal limit) just got to get it insured i got a quote of around £700 which didn't sound to bad for a 20 year old.
may be attending the media day on friday for the croft nostalgia weekend which i help out every year with my race cars.

Lars Hagermark
Car Model: .

Post by Lars Hagermark »

Good looking car. I guess you're well pleased now. :D
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

The car looks good! 8) What exterior trim are you missing? Also where are you located? Maybe someone on here could help.

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
The Nun

Post by The Nun »

Is it a Chamois? looks like a late deluxe shell Chrysler circular instrument dash jobby with a 66 identity?
Are you intending to fit all the early Chamois side stripes and front grille too?
bornagain-imp
Car Model: 1965 Hillman Imp Deluxe

Post by bornagain-imp »

congratulations on the Mot, got to get out and enjoy it now.
Blue cars are in :roll: :lol:

Rod Imp006
Dave ' Linwood ' Lane
Car Model: ,n/a

Post by Dave ' Linwood ' Lane »

The Nun wrote:Is it a Chamois? looks like a late deluxe shell Chrysler circular instrument dash jobby with a 66 identity?
Are you intending to fit all the early Chamois side stripes and front grille too?
I thought the same TBH .
Formally known as " Noddy "
buk100

Post by buk100 »

taken it for its first drive few problems arose, speedo cable snapped and the door catch rattled loose and its a bit power boaty conclusion is the fronts to high thatll be sorted tomorrow providing in my spares i have some different springs, considering i have two complete cars worth of spares i dont have a speedo cable or the trim im missing which is the bit that goes around the roof line around the back window, i had one but it was rotten even trying to repair it got worse and worse.

as for the keen eyed people point out the shell it is a re shell down to not really knowing what i had, if any one remembers the add from ebay you can understand why.. having said that, that bright red paint was hiding filler bean tins and fibreglass, its now dark blue with brand new metal in all the places it needed it my sorta build album as all the pictures ive taken of it.. links in a earlier post

i built it to be an every day runner so its not pristine or as it left the factory but its built to be reliable. ive fitted a period style self regulating alternator, silcone hoses and pressure cleaned the rad and heater matrix, also made a new head lining and remade the sun visors new padding etc

its staying without trim at the moment but its down to not really knowing what i need to put on it in or what im missing. (im more a historic single seater guy)
The Nun

Post by The Nun »

buk100 wrote:i built it to be an every day runner so its not pristine or as it left the factory but its built to be reliable.
Well I suppose anything that keeps another IMP on the road and out of the scrap yard cant be a bad thing. :wink:
Whilst folk keep on trying to restore them will mean more exposure, hopefully push up the values and keeps the parts supplies up and running.
Mini Coopers are now reaching crazy values and some arent brilliantly restored either, but people will buy them just to say they have one.
The IMP is a far better constructed and stronger car, and I think values are now showing the way up at last, about time too.
buk100

Post by buk100 »

lowered and all polished up with painted wheels and the hub caps fitted, will be at croft circuit tomorrow (23rd may)
The Nun

Post by The Nun »

Another one for the keen eyed amongst me, the rear lights are on upside down, did you realise? :wink:
buk100

Post by buk100 »

survived the trip to and from croft and did 3/4 laps of the circuit whilst it was there,

the lights yeah it was out of driving it everyday it would be better for people to see the breaklights than the indicators since most drivers have gotten used to looking out for a high level break light
Bobbycham
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by Bobbycham »

buk100 wrote:survived the trip to and from croft and did 3/4 laps of the circuit whilst it was there,

the lights yeah it was out of driving it everyday it would be better for people to see the breaklights than the indicators since most drivers have gotten used to looking out for a high level break light
Good thinking that man, that's why l like to have fog lights away from brake lights ,so that brakes are obvious when applied.
Always thought that, about side lights at front ,it was always the case that side lights were furthest out ,not inboard of indicators
Bob
I am the most responsible person around, if anything goes wrong ,"l am responsible"
The Nun

Post by The Nun »

On my MINI the brakelights, which are LED's flash on and off rapidly if the brakes are applied hard to make it even more obvious to folk following you're stopping quickly.
And I think this applies to other modern day cars too now, so will probably become the new trend as well.