BKS974c

bks974c
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: all the above

BKS974c

Post by bks974c »

BKS974C is my first imp and first car which I got having passed my test in April 1977 at the tender age of 17, prior to that it had been my mums.

Originally a deluxe in Polar white or was it Foam white :? with a red interior. Little did it know the trial that lay ahead.

That year I went to college and through one of the other students I and several of the others went along to the local car club meeting and got involved in navigational events. Second installment of student grant was the spent in Sportstune along with Stuart my navigators buying bucket seat and harnesses.
Along the way sports engine lid and roll cages were gifted/bought, second hand sports engines from the scrappies and we did pretty well, usually winning the newcomer class if we did not breakdown much to the annoyance of regular competetitors in an mk 1 RS2000. We continued to do well in non-expert class and progressed onto selectives and single venue stage rallying. Not being able to afford a 998 we struggled a bit against the 998 clan and stilleto that were also
regulars in our class. But a great time was had anyhow.

On one event, we rolled it when a competitor who had gone off at a 90 right was attempting to get his car out of the ditch but had not bothered putting out his warning triangle. :evil: Well we arrived at full tilt to find the road blocked and the crew around the car, rather than hitting the car and crew we took to the gap and drove along the bank when the initial momentum had run out, the car gently rolled on to its roof and back on to its wheels. Bending a trailing arm, and pushing to roof over but not down, slight scrape on one side and a door handle pushed in. We did the right thing and ran back to put out our warning triangle. We drove to the finish and retired, one of the competitor lent us his car and trailer to take the car home. Car laid up for a while, but we need another to car on so went down south to pick up another in a mini van (in which the tow bar had been quickly welded to the sunframe) and 4 wheel trailer -the folly of youth.

Well BKS974C was repaired and did more events mostly the stage rallying and took it's last trip under its own power to Aberdeen in 1984 when I moved there with work. Work was started on her stripping it to a bare shell in preparation for painting. Work, getting married, having kids, sorting other cars meant that BKS never got finished and was brought back still naked to Edinburgh when we again relocated due to work, It was left outside my dads for a long time under tarpaulin as we had no garage. Couple of years later, we bought a house with garage and BKS was able to come home a bit worse for wear.

Work recommenced, initially dealing with the rust, this was sorted and primed with zinc 182 before being thrown outside again to make room for my daughters Sunbeam Sport, this was to be her 18th birthday present and I said to Hazel that it won't take long 3 weeks and it will be back on the road. 3 years later it was ready for her 21st having had a full rebuid, bare-metal respray inside and out, custom interior and many modifications. Meanwhile BKS had been dragged from the drive through the woods behind our house, through the fence and dumped under the hedge because it was bring the neighbourhood down. Ps Karen now 27 -

Time to get it back in the garage - by this time it was needing some serious work ending up with a new roof because of being used as shelving. Ended up pulling out the old cage (which was welded in) as it no longer met current specification, new sills (again) and a long list of other work.

After seeing Karens car on the road, a major break through, Hazel (the wife) says it about time you were thinking about what car your going to get for Amy, she will be 16 soon and if it you take as long with hers as Karen etc, so Amy get to choose her car and its a Singer Chamois Coupe. Well this time BKS was not thrown out but the Chamois was fixed on the drive and available for Amy as soon as she passed her test in the meantime I got to play in it.

Its now 2007 and circumstances are changing Kids now all grown up, I have a bit of spare cash and decide I'd like to get back into rallying after a 20 year lay of- let have a go at this historic stuff - so bought a prepared IMP no Mot but with 998 twin 40's etc. Recommision this one and we now have 4 IMPS, and still BKS sits it the garage.

Again move house, and BKS has a new home but its not long before the tarpaulins are out and she back outdoors.

Having fun and doing reasonable well apart from the broken gearboxes, but imp too heavy to be fully competitive so thought I'd give a Clan a try and although never a great lover of them, I am won over so much that I went and bought another one.

4 Imps and two Clans, MADNESS. So one Clan now sold and goes to its new owner next week. Enjoy.

This brings us to Sunday the 14th Novemeber 2009 and looking at the 2010 season, do I sort the silver rally car, or rally prepare the Clan -------------- Noooooooooooooooooo . We get our finger out and finish BKS after 27 year, however the real challenge is that the first event is the 2nd January 2010, the Hangover Autotest and the one after that is the Johnston on the 10th January so I don't have much time but if I post it here maybe words of encouragement will get it done.

Will post pics shortly.

Scott
Lars Hagermark
Club Member: No
Car Model: .

Re: BKS974c

Post by Lars Hagermark »

Hi,
read this with a big smile on my face. It could very well be my story you're telling. Only differences are that a) mine is still hibernating and b) I'll wake it up to circuit racing.
My Imps formed my motto: Keeping dreams alive keeps me alive.
Good luck! :)
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

bks974c

Re: BKS974c Update 1

Post by bks974c »

Good start - cleaned some of the crud from the interior - note to self mask off the interior when painting/rubbing down exterior.

Put new hydraulic handbrake back in after robbing the last one for silver rally car, however now need to order reducer for the master cylinder -no longer supplied with the kit :x .

Ran fuel line in 8mm through the car.

Rear suspension -changed unknown springs (possibly RAC) for known RAC and Wide bodied Konis for AVO as they are easier to adjust.
Put on new shoes and adjusted them along with cables.
Replaced 1 hub bearing and replaced drive shafts -standard ones because only have 1 sport left as all the others have been put on the other cars :o
Suspension then just need tightening and its done.

Rebuilt 998 short motor arrived back from Dennis Alt via Harry Simpson -Thanks :D

Decision time coming up whether to go with full race spec head and R21 or Rally spec head with Hi lift sport cam -probably the latter as the car is much more drivable but well see.

New photos added with some showing details of strengthening around rear spring mounts. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/

Tomorrow -Front suspension.

Scott
bks974c

Re: BKS974c Update 1

Post by bks974c »

Good start - cleaned some of the crud from the interior - note to self mask off the interior when painting/rubbing down exterior.

Put new hydraulic handbrake back in after robbing the last one for silver rally car, however now need to order reducer for the master cylinder -no longer supplied with the kit :x .

Ran fuel line in 8mm through the car.

Rear suspension -changed unknown springs (possibly RAC) for known RAC and Wide bodied Konis for AVO as they are easier to adjust.
Put on new shoes and adjusted them along with cables.
Replaced 1 hub bearing and replaced drive shafts -standard ones because only have 1 sport left as all the others have been put on the other cars :o
Suspension then just need tightening and its done.

Rebuilt 998 short motor arrived back from Dennis Alt via Harry Simpson -Thanks :D

Decision time coming up whether to go with full race spec head and R21 or Rally spec head with Hi lift sport cam -probably the latter as the car is much more drivable but well see.

New photos added with some showing details of strengthening around rear spring mounts. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/

Tomorrow -Front suspension.

Scott
Peter Hurst
Car Model: singer chamois

Post by Peter Hurst »

DJH705 wrote:Hi,
read this with a big smile on my face. It could very well be my story you're telling. Only differences are that a) mine is still hibernating and b) I'll wake it up to circuit racing.
My Imps formed my motto: Keeping dreams alive keeps me alive.
Good luck! :)
Ditto me!
My '64 Chamois went into hibernation in 1989 just after getting married. Three children and 2 house moves latter I got it back on road in 2007. (see articles in Impressions last year sometime)
Unfortunately my girls won't be seen dead in the car so its KA's for them. Currently looking for one for middle daughter
Wife doesn't mind the Imp and so we just do tours though used to do various events but now cage etc not to current regs.
With the Chamois going am looking for something new to do and she who must be obeyed has allowed me to look for a Clan.
Have had Imps and a Ginetta in my time but never a Clan so if anyone knows of one in south west area let me know.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Today started well - more cleaning, this time under the bonnet and replaced the fuel pumps again stolen/ no borrowed for the other cars. Originally I was going to put them in series as they seemed to be open in direction of flow, putting them on day that wasn't the case so looks like they will have to go on parallel so more fittings required.

Tackled the n/s suspension next, although the sub axles had been rebuilt with new kingpins I noticed when replacing the ones in the clan( because of lift rather than play in the kingpins) that these were as bad. So stripped them again and after giving the faces a quick file to remove the wear ridges, put in a used thrust washer and job done. Have posted some pictures to explain this as I remember this being raised as a topic previously. I have also notice QH include a thick washer and have always wondered what it was for as no instructions included, this may well be to do the same thing. Anyone know different ?

Bearings appeared to be OK but again had been replaced by a "used hub", so must have had a reason to change it, so replaced the bearings anyway. Like the majority of the readers I don't have a press to replace the bearings with so years ago I ground down an old one and use this to drift the new ones in.Saves a slipped tool damaging the new face. Pic to explain this also uploaded.

Then it went wrong, shelf came down and rearranged the contents of my storage drawer on the floor, the rawl plugs had pulled out.The wall is breeze block, I fixed the majority with chemical fixings but not this one as wasn't going to put anything too heavy on it -well I guess I forgot about that. However, I did find quite a bit of stuff that had been missing. :?

Put RAC springs onto the AVO's from the clan only to find they fouled on the bolt holding the stub axle so had to file a bit of clearance.

I was going to put discs on the front and have some Peugeot alloy calipers but for the time being will put on drums for speed.
Stripped the original stub assemblies it is apparent they have sat in water for sometime, only thing salvageable was the back plates so need to add some new wheel cylinders to the shopping list.

O/S started and pretty much the same story but with less lift this time. Also drilled and tapped the hub to take the magnetic sensor for the speedo. Try and finish o/s tonight as I'm away for the Saltire Rally Club AGM and test day on Sunday.

Picks as usual at : http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/

Scott
Dave ' Linwood ' Lane
Car Model: ,n/a

Post by Dave ' Linwood ' Lane »

bks974c wrote:put on drums for speed.
Scott
Theres a thought , no discs for me then , :lol: :lol:
Formally known as " Noddy "
Fifeimpman
Car Model: 1964 Hillman Imp De Luxe

Post by Fifeimpman »

Hi Scott, great reading the history of BKS and look forward to hearing and seeing its progress. The 1st Imp I drove after passing my test was my mums 1964 AKS 26B Loch Blue and it was a year old! Alan
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi Fifeimpman

You should put down some of your stories down about your "adventures" - why Anne hates imps or why your dad banned you from using your mums.

Very amusing.

Scott
long_gone_John
Car Model: 3 sal ('74/'64/'64)-all gone!!

Post by long_gone_John »

bks974c wrote:
O/S started and pretty much the same story but with less lift this time. Also drilled and tapped the hub to take the magnetic sensor for the speedo. Try and finish o/s tonight as I'm away for the Saltire Rally Club AGM and test day on Sunday.

Scott
Hi... I have just been browsing on PPC (Practical Performance Car) Forum & a guy there has fitted a Halfords bike Speedo to his Reliant Scim... he welded the sensor to the backplate whilst fitting discs, at the back... he reckons its accurate to +/- 1% @ 100MPH

Is this the sort of thing you are doing?

LGJ
TooMuch power.. is not quite enough ;<)

875- GGR 640N - Scrapped
930- 533 KNX - Stolen
BV998- 884 KOE (Ex Sidecar motor!!)
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi lgj

Unit I'm using : http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_in ... s_id=13584

This uses a two part pick up, a magnet and a sensor.

The tripmeter on the other car has a sensor that picks up when an lump of metal passes close,I mounted the sensor on the backplate so it sees the back of
the wheel studs ie it gets 4 pulses per revolution.

They can all be calibrated to give highly accurate readings.

Will post pics when it's finished.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Progress slower than I would have liked this week, n/s suspension and brakes fully done.
New wheel cylinders, adjusters, brake pipes and steel braided brake flexy's made up and fitted.

Missing o/s backing plate, can't find it so left it until I come across it or get a new one.

Ordered new fuel tank identical to the new one I already have except its 7 gallon rather than 4.5
as I don't think 4.5gallons will get me very far :o
Also ordered the parts needed to complete the fuel line. £250 poorer :( :(

Today masked the car and painted the roof/front and rear scuttles. The grey is the etch primer and the yellow high build
primer see: http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/

Tomorrows task is to flat it back and hopefully get it in colour on Sunday so that I can fit the wiper wheels and jets and get the heater in
as this will allow me to get on with the dash and wiring. Will need to get the paint tomorrow, quite fancied yellow having seen the primer on,
but will probably stick with white as it hides a multitude of sins and is easier to match when damaged. :roll:
colimp66
Car Model: 1970 Hillman Imp Deluxe.. "The Pest"

Post by colimp66 »

Hi Scott,
really interested in watching your progress on your Imp.. Looking good. :)

I've seen those Vapor dashes being used on race bikes to good effect at East Fortune, good value too..

Col..
Hugh L
Car Model: Imp Deluxe, Imp Van

Post by Hugh L »

Scott,

Great progress.

Give me a shout if you need a backplate!

Hugh
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi Colin66

Yes the Vapour dash is excellent value as a 10K Rev counter alone would cost more.
It also has the ability to set temp limits so you get warning light telling you temp has gone up. :o

Hi Hugh L

I'll take you up on your kind offer, only thing important is the back plate condition as everyhing on it will be replaced.
If you are going to the xmas dinner on the 6th bring it along then, or if you fancy popping in for a coffee as you work not
far from me in Broxburn -pm or phone me. Thanks again.

Stopped for a coffee, very wrinkly hands from being in water since lunchtime rubbing down the primer. Won't get it painted for
tomorrow as in needs more primer and then rubbing down again.

Got the paint this morning, went for Ford Diamond White as its a nice clean white and you can get it easily in aerosol cans for touch ups :?

Do you know why its not recommended to use newspaper for masking cars ?

Cause no work get done when reading them :)
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

Your car is shaping up to look fantastic! :o Very interesting story and thread. Keep it up! :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Posted up some pics of the painting and prep today. Trying to link them to here

Thought I'd go through the process as it might help others. This is all being done in a single garage without access to any special tools.

Bare metal area were etch primed then a spray filler was applied to level the surface and cover scratches etc.

A guide coat using black aerosol was misted over the top of this

This was then rubbed down using 600 wet and dry used wet, this highlights low areas by removing the high areas first. This only works if you
use a flat tool, I used a large block of wood if you use you hand or a small object you end up following the existing contours. These won't initially be
apparent to the eye or to touch but can be seen looking obliquely at the panel outside.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... G_0536.jpg

Here you can see the high spots - grey - surrounding a low area, this can't be seen or felt.

Once the initial flatting was done it was primed again this time with a beige primer as it goes on smoother.

Tomorrow will go through the process again if paint dry. Remember 90% of the finish is in the preperation

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Who can explain how to post pics on to this topic in simple terms :?

Stopped for a coffee, checked emails and find i've had a euromillions win :D :D :D :D
Unfortunatly is was £4.80 and the ticket was £4.00 :( still better than a kick in the .... :shock:

Did not expect the primer to be fully dry, but it was :) turned all the radiators off in the house and left the garage one on overnight
seems to have done the trick.

Better get back to the rubbing down.

Scott
simonaoz
Car Model: n/a

Post by simonaoz »

From photo bucket copy the Img code for the image and paste it into your post.
big J
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Post by big J »

bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi sinonaoz and bigj

Tried that and it didn't work but will try again.

Thanks

Simon, not looked for book but will let you know about it soon.

Scott
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

Scott,

Just copy the 4th of the tags on the photobucket image and paste it into your post. When you submit the post the pics should appear (make sure they are within the size limit for this site (640 x 480 rings a bell).
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
simonaoz

Post by simonaoz »

It's ok about the book, I managed to find one on Amazon. Are you spraying cellulose or two pack?
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Waylaid by daughters Chamois Coupe playing up, I guess it just wants some attention too.

Flatted the beige primer with 1200 wet and dry after giving it a guide coat and it becomes apparent then even 600 leaves significant scratches

Remasked the car and painted on the top coat. Not the best night to choose considering it was freezing out but needs must and the couple of runs will face out. :lol:

Well see if the photos appear this time :roll:

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Re photos

What am I doing wrong ?

Highlighted 4th option in photobucket copy and paste and still no workie. :?

Scott
simonaoz

Post by simonaoz »

Here you go;
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Thanks Simon

But what do I need to do to get them on ?

Scott
colimp66
Car Model: 1970 Hillman Imp Deluxe.. "The Pest"

Post by colimp66 »

Scott,

thats looking pretty nice in white. What colour is the lower half going??

Won't be long till you have that finised. :mrgreen:

Col.
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Post by bazzateer »

bks974c wrote:Thanks Simon

But what do I need to do to get them on ?

Scott
Copying that 4th option then pasting it into the post should do the trick. Not sure why it didn't happen for you??????????????
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
simonaoz

Post by simonaoz »

Yes that should have worked. The only difference I can see is that the letters img are in uppercase on your post and lowercase on my post. The rest is the same.

Simon.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Thanks will try again with photos.

The bottom of the car is ..........................................white :o

It was painted this way because it allows me to get on with other work and it means if necessary I can throw it outside without going
rusty again :( I also don't have room in a single garage to paint it all in one go.

Someone is determined to hold me up. Both daughters Imps have given up. Amy's clutch went last week when I was away, the centre being ripped
out of the plate. Would'nt start on Sunday and as unable to sort it at hers ended up recovering it back to my house. Eventually got it going but
no compression on No.1. Collets pulled through collar but still attached and no damage done but means rebuilding the head. Valve guides really need
replace but will have to wait. Apparently there is 2 types of collars and the tapered ones are suitable on strong/double valve springs - be warned.

6.40 this morning I'm woken by a ringing eventually decide its the phone get to it to have No. 1 daughter tell me she has broken down again (its
been playing up and not go around to dealing with it properly so its my own fault) she is sitting at the junction of a roundabout no lights and a dead battery.

She only works 2 mins away so threw on some clothes and jumped in the car, pushed round the corner then took her to work.

New battery in and it starts fine, but I know it has a strange drain on the system because of the earlier problems and it appears to be a dead short,
replaced the heater blower and wiper motor from the rally car but we still have a drain - the alarm siren back up battery ? Dicsonnected it.

Well just have to see how it goes, take the car and drop it off and collect my car and then back to finish shimming up the head for the other car.

Oh the joys of motoring. :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :(

Scott
Fifeimpman

Post by Fifeimpman »

Hi Scott, car looking great, the roof is same diamond white as mine. What a great dad you are helping out his daughter at her time of need. I bought my daughter RAC Recovery for her Christmas when she got her first car!!
Hope you're not too busy to attend Christmas Lunch on Sunday.
Regards Alan
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi Alan

Yeah its my own fault she mentioned it was playing up when she came home yesterday and i ignored it, she even left
for work early so she would have time to break down. :shock:

I also know your kids recover the cars to your home so you can get them fixed. We wouldn't have it any other way :)

I'll be at the Christmas Dinner all work and no play etc. I'm told 35 booked now, quite a turn out. see you Sunday

Regards
Scott
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

The car is looking really good, Scott! :D

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Well it looks like the deadline of the 2nd January will be missed as I've spent all week on Amy Chamois Coupe but that it done now. :(

Picture of clutch plate
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... G_0519.jpg

The Coupe started 1st time after replacing head and settled down to steady 800 rpm idle :) , obviously been getting progressively worse before it finally gave up.

So with that out the road, I attended to the other little problems, fixed main beam, replaced TRE, adjusted brakes, mini service, installed proper seat (passenger one will be done later) inertia seat belts in the front (rears had been done 4 years ago), washed it as daughters don't know how :o

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv15 ... G_0565.jpg

No repeat problems with Karen's sport but need to look at it for its MOT so that the week after next gone.

Got a fire surround to get done allegedly I said I would be done before Christmas so they can hand their stockings, I don't actually remember saying this
but better get it done anyway :o :shock: :lol: :lol:

So the new deadline is the 1st Feb as the next event is the 28th and this gives me time to get the engine run in and sort out any teething problems.
impmann
Car Model: ...er, one or two

Post by impmann »

What seat is that, Scott?
Tim Morgan
Imps since 1987... one or two of them. ;-)
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

A red one and its Amy's

Subframe alone weights more than the standard seat. It has lumbar adjustment - good for those with bad backs - height adjustment and tilts - what more do you need to know ?

Oh what car is it from ? :roll: If no one else spots it I'll reveal all later.

Scott
impmann

Post by impmann »

Phwwaaarrr, y'sod! :lol:

Yes please... which car is it from.

:lol:
Tim Morgan
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Just for Tim - you must have quite a seat fetish - its the third time you've asked me about seats.

The red ones are from a Rover 200 BRM - special edition - the ones with silly orange mouth
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C118695/

Scott
impmann

Post by impmann »

/\No mate, a very, very bad back!! 8)

Thanks!
Tim Morgan
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Tim

The red ones seem very supportive and do have a lot of adjustment and I don't think they look out of place in the imp.

It should be possible to fit any seat with a little welding and fabrication providing it physically fits using the seats original runners.
Karen's sport has a set from a Toyota Corolla - the Piagio Vespa Blue one -2006 Stirling

Just find a seat that you are truely comfortable in (and looks good of course) and have them fitted.

P.S. the Clan is a more difficult due to the width.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Some bad news and some good.

Amy's Chamois Coupe involved in an accident, another young girl ran in to the back of her while she was stationary waiting to turn right.

When she phoned to tell me, she expected me to be upset, but after asking if everyone was all right I asked which side was damaged
yes :D the nearside the side that hadn't been repaired with a new rear wing. Its due a full rebuild this year.

Last Sunday she tells me the orange light is on :shock: narked at her for driving it like that and said I look at it, finally got round to it today
expecting the worst, but it was only a faulty oil pressure switch :D :D :D.

Scott
stuartrf
Car Model: singer chamois mk 2 singer chamois mk1
Location: swanley, high brooms, tonbridge, hildenbrough,hadlow

Post by stuartrf »

oh no sorry to hear about the accident and hope the damage isnt too bad glad to hear everyone was ok
child: 'why do you wear a full face helmet on your bike'
me: to protect my head, cause thats where the happy thoughts are made
Fifeimpman

Post by Fifeimpman »

Hi Scott, sorry to hear about Amy's car, glad she's ok. Looks like you'll be busy on her car now and the rally car on the back burner. Alan
P.S. Hope that doesn't mean you won't have time to do my fusebox before Imp Ecosse!
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi

Thanks for the good wishes. Damage is limited to N/S rear wing, kinked the chassis leg, pushed the boot handle into the boot and the bolt
pushed through the engine mount. Its still drivable so she will continue to use it as is.

Alan, will give you a shout after the 28th Feb and get fuse box sorted.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Checked the girls cars for oil and water today and Amy.s at min. again
Must have a really bad leak? Checked the mileage.

She has done 550miles since last Friday and she hasn't been anywhere. :shock:

She did complain about it using lots of petrol as she had to fill it up again :evil:

We she will if shes doing that mileage.

Cheque from the girl who hit her car arrived so I guess Malcolm A will be getting a call shortly.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Not posted anything lately on BKS but have been working away.

The front and o/s now painted and the car to be turned around so I can do the n/s.
Oh, the joys of working in a single garage.

Plumbing for the front rad nearly complete along with navigators footrest and one for me.

Still gathering bits, refuse to add the receipts up but its not cheap :roll:

Today fixed the shelf that fell down so I can clear the bench so I've got some where to lay things.

The fleet - the girls cars hiding in background

More Pictures here as usual http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/bks974c/BKS/

Scott
Lotus-e-Clan
Car Model: 75Clan 1040BVSSH GB72 mapped ign DHLAs -Waterless!

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

Off topic but I must say your Clan looks good in green with white (Weller?) wheels.

....encouraging me to get on and fit the set of white deep dish 12 spoke alloys I bought recently....except mine'd be a red clan with white wheels. :roll:
74 Clan Crusader 1040 Red 190 bhp/ton
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi Peter

Yes, I remember your clan. It looked very nice in my rearview mirror. (Track day 2008 National) :lol:

Scott