Oddicombe hillclimb

Teddie2003
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Clan Crusader & Davrian Mk6

Oddicombe hillclimb

Post by Teddie2003 »

Finally found some footage of my first hillclimb Imp at a ASWMC event in 1986(can't believe it was that long ago). bl***y awful quality film and music.

Oddicombe near Torquay was the bumpiest hill in the ASWMC championship you most probably spent 15% to 25% flying between bumps but it was great fun if you got it right. It ran up the road from the beach next to the fenicular railway, most of us broke something on the car at the end of season event, usually clutches, donuts on an Imp and if you had a double drive car that day it was practically guaranteed that one of you wouldn't get all the runs in.

On Oddicombe Pt2. My steel bodied car is at about 8min 30 secs, Roy Sims Clan is at 3mins 14secs, Mike Lee's spaceframe Imp is at 10 mins

On Oddicombe Pt1 the paddock shots at the begining shows the mix of cars that used to be on ASMC events, at 4.35 Phil Gleed's Davrian special saloon has an "unusal" sponsor on it, doubt he'd have that on a car these days! I think it's Phil Gale's G15 is at 6.40

Steve