Rally Forum (Sticky like the HSA forum)

leadfoot
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: hillman imp spring special

Re: Rally Forum (Sticky like the HSA forum)

Post by leadfoot » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi Mike
clad you had a good rally wish i could have been there, sorry to here about the demise of the other two imps :( looking forward to seeing the the imps on hrc events this year, if i can be of any help in servicing on events please let me know, now i have got the AFY on the road (your co-drivers old car ) i can start work on GTK, so plenty of work, would be greatful of surgestons and addvice, in all aspects of preperation.
How you doing with your car Mike as i read your thred with interest and like ideas would like to see your someday soon.
well done Nigel and Henry
all the best for all for the comming season.
Keith.
moose
Car Model: rally imp

Post by moose » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi Keith as with all levels of motorsport who knows what is happening next i am hoping that i will be able to finish my imp and get out on the rallies with Nigel and Henry, yet there is the full time shift job which to be fair does give me grouped days off to go and do the WRC stuff, no definate plans for 2012 myself so the best thing if you want info and ideas, is a pen and pad and pop over to my place for a brew and natter whilst i am working on the car or other cars look at what i have done and make notes and fire the odd question at me as to the why certain things have been done. this of course will incur a charge usually me shouting make me another brew! if you want to get involved in servicing i would talk to Nigel via PM he is the one that decides the amount of team members required and if i am asked to go on event i decide who does what, depending on rally service experiance. so call anytime to arrange a trip over if phone is off i am at work or in bed, i work 2 12 hour days and then 2 12 hour nights 7 till 7 so if you ring in a morning and the phone is off do not leave a message but try later in the day before 7 at night. if that fails try after 8 at night as i matbe on days! confused good !! mines a black coffee no sugar, oh yeah bring biscuits!! :lol:
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
leadfoot
Car Model: hillman imp spring special

Post by leadfoot » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Mike pm sent
Keith
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

moose wrote:Looking good this season for getting more imps out into the forests, must get on with mine!
Great news! 8) Looking forward to reading the updates. :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
moose

Post by moose » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Regards Moose
Century Autosport
benwick3
Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Post by benwick3 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Brings back memories of my annual trip to the Rallycross Grand Prix at Brands Hatch using complementary tickets provided by the local Rootes dealer.

Pete Richards
Repair. Rebuild. Repeat.
moose

Post by moose » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:21 pm

http://beta.djames.org.uk/results/overa ... ection=all
http://beta.djames.org.uk/results/index ... =129&e=129

Ron from impspeed still going i came home with frost bite after seeing some mates that are working for Simon Bowen
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 pm

looking good for a second in class would have been tighter but fot the 1 min road penalty but that could be quiried and scrubbed at results
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 pm

http://bulldog-rally.co.uk/

Next event for the imps on the historic stage rallies anyone coming to watch!
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
accyimp
Car Model: clan crusader

Post by accyimp » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Going soft Mike, it was totally tropical :D , next thing they'll be cancelling stages due to the cold! On a serious note-fantastic result for alan/ron as always looked and sounded the 'dogs'. If i'd have known you were there i'd have said hello, Andy.
moose

Post by moose » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 pm

only had a couple of hours to spare so met up with the cotcomp crew and went to watch the prom stage hoping to see Alan and Ron, should have stayed i nthe service park and come and found you.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Faro 1 April 2012
World Rally Championship, Rally Class 2012, Rally Portugal

Protasov wins Rally Class in Portugal

Under conditions so treacherous that the entire Friday afternoon loop of stages were cancelled, Ukraine driver Yuriy Protasov won the inaugural round of Rally Class on Rally Portugal. Protasov, a multiple rally champion in his homeland, also won the Group N category (class 3) on the all-gravel event in 20th overall.

Rally Class is designed as a feeder championship to the Production Car World Rally Championship, using identical Group N Subaru Imprezas, built by reigning PWRC champion team Symtech Racing, on control DMack tyres.

The winner receives five fully-paid rallies in a Subaru Impreza R4 car next year, while the second-placed finisher will get two rallies, all expenses paid, in a Group N Impreza. So far, four drivers have signed up for the inaugural series and they all encountered varying fortunes on the first event of the year.

Yuri Protasov had no problems during the opening night stages and enjoyed the muddy stages of Friday, despite the marginal conditions. The total traction and user-friendly handling of the newly-built Group N Symtech Subaru Impreza enabled him to pull out a significant advantage without taking unnecessary risks.

On Saturday's six stages, he was slowed by two punctures and he was also affected by a strange noise from the car on one stage that forced him to stop and investigate. However, the problem turned out to be nothing, and he was able to continue to service. On Sunday, he enjoyed a clean run to the finish over the remaining six stages.

"This was a great way for us to start the year," he said. "Rally Class has proved to be a lot of fun, and to come home with a win is always satisfying. This was a very difficult rally, and for a brand new car, it's great for us to get to the finish with no major problems. I'd like to thank all our mechanics and our competitors for a fantastic weekend. Now I'm already looking forward to the next round!"

Latvian Andis Neiksans finished second in the Rally Class standings after a fraught start to the rally on Thursday. When he went to start the night stages that opened the event, he found that the lamp pod was not working. His attempt to fix the electrical problem actually made things worse, as the car then refused to fire up out of regroup and he lost 16 minutes.

On Friday his run through the stages was straightforward, but he lost time on Saturday as the result of a timing issue and some problems with the brakes. At midday service, the gearbox was also changed. Nonetheless, he finished second overall in the Group N standings on Sunday after a challenging event.

Mexico's Ricardo Trivino is third in Rally Class but he encountered problems on Friday's SS6 when he hit a rock and opened up the front-right wheel. Unfortunately, the car then slid off the road at around 10kph on the inside of a right hand corner. The Symtech team was able to repair the damage and the Mexican re-started on Saturday. However, the accident had affected the suspension and this slowed Trivino over the first loop of stages. The problem was fixed at midday service and he had no further problems all the way to the finish on Sunday afternoon.

Multiple Indonesian drifting champion Rifat Sungkar took his time to adapt to the unique conditions in Portugal. Sungkar battled an intermittent gear selection on Friday, which was fixed during the final service halt, but he too picked up two punctures on Saturday. On the day's final stage he was losing time with a braking problem, so he chose to stop and take a five-minute super rally penalty rather than lose more time by battling to the end.

He was set for a strong finish on his World Championship debut, but on Sunday's penultimate stage he slid off the road. After losing several minutes he was able to get back on and complete the final power stage. He ended the rally classified fourth in the Rally Class standings, ensuring that all the Symtech cars that started also finished.

Symtech Racing's Dirk Van der Sluys commented: "We faced very difficult conditions for our debut, which wasn't made any easier by the fact that our tight deadlines for championship registration meant that the cars weren't finished until just before the rally. Nonetheless, we're here with everything we need and we've certainly had a spectacular start! I think everybody has understood that this is our first event and so there's plenty of work to do, but we're delighted that Yuri has had a trouble free run over the tough stages to claim this win. I'd like to especially thank the Portuguese organisers for the warm welcome they have given us and all their help. Now we look forward to the next round on the Acropolis Rally, where we may also be joined by some new competitors."

After Portugal, Rally Class continues with five more rounds in Greece, Germany, France, Italy and Spain making three gravel rallies, two on asphalt and one mixed-surface event.

For more information and copyright-free images please visit www.rallyclass.com
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Loutraki, 22 May 2012
World Rally Championship 2012 - Acropolis Rally

Rally Class prepares for arduous adventure in Greece

The new-for-2012 Rally Class competitors will face their biggest challenge of the year later this week as the crews prepare for what is arguably the hardest round of the championship: the Acropolis Rally.

Rally Class is designed as a feeder championship to the Production Car World Rally Championship, using identical Group N Subaru Imprezas, built by reigning PWRC champion team Symtech Racing, on control DMACK tyres. The Rally Class series consists of six rounds and provides a level playing field for the participants, with all cars prepared and managed by the Belgian team. A unique prize structure rewards the overall winner with five fully-paid rallies in a Subaru Impreza R4 car next year, while the second-placed finisher will get two rallies, all expenses paid, in a Group N Impreza.

The Acropolis Rally is the second round of this year's Rally Class and is one of the longest running events in world rallying. The stages on the Loutraki-based event feature a mix of rough, dusty and very twisty mountain passes, while blisteringly hot weather usually means temperatures in the car exceed 50 degrees centigrade. Cars must be robust to cope with the demands of the rock-strewn stages and crews have to be at peak physical fitness to cope with the arduous terrain and stifling temperatures.

The opening round of the Rally Class took place in Portugal in March with Ukraine driver Yuri Protasov claiming full points to establish an early lead at the top of the championship table. Latvia's Andis Neiksans is second with Mexico's Ricardo Trivino in third. Multiple Indonesian drifting champion Rifat Sungkar is classified fourth in the Rally Class standings.

Championship leader Yuri Protasov said: "Portugal showed just what a fantastic and above all good value innovation Rally Class is to the World Rally Championship. Not only did we win the Rally Class standings, but we also won Group N overall, which goes to show that these cars can fight at the very top of the category as well. Portugal was an incredibly tough rally, but I think the Acropolis will be even harder. It's a legendary event that is well-known for the roughness of the roads and it will be a real test for our Subaru Impreza. More than ever, I think the key will be to pace yourself and stay consistent over all three days of the rally. That's going to be my aim, so I will drive my own rally and not worry too much about what everybody else does."

Dirk Van der Sluys, of reigning Production Car World Rally Champions Symtech Racing added: "We received a fantastically warm welcome in Portugal, after a race against time to get all our cars ready! We're privileged to have four fantastic competitors in our first year of Rally Class this season, who showed in Portugal that they are ready to face anything and will drive flat-out all the way. The legendary Acropolis Rally will be a really big test for them, but having had the opportunity to learn their cars in Portugal, I'm sure that our drivers will be able to get the most out of them in Greece. It's going to be a rally that tests their strategy as well as speed, not to mention their physical fitness. Motorsport is always going to be an expensive business, but our aim at Rally Class is always to provide our competitors with the best possible value. This enables them to participate at the top level in a reliable car, receiving plenty of exposure in the media and the service park, while keeping costs down. They also all have a fantastic chance of winning some great prizes. In the current economic climate, this return on investment is more important than ever."

A ceremonial start in Athens will kick off this year's Acropolis Rally on Thursday evening (24 May) with the first full day of action commencing on Friday. Drivers will face 410 competitive kilometres over 22 special stages before the finish podium in the rally base of Loutraki on Sunday afternoon.

For more information and copyright-free images please visit www.rallyclass.com

info : dirk@symtechracing.com
www.rallyclass.com

anybody going to be out there ? i have bumped into people i know at most events, small world! fly tomorrow, listen to rally radio on wrc.com
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 am

co-driver wanted for NESCRO rounds in good spec historic Beetle no experiance necessarry must be able to contribute to costs based on half fuel, half entry (example last weekend lake district classic £90 entry included coffee and evening meal and £20 fuel for 13 special tests and approx 60 miles of regularity and road run all for £65) most events have optional regularity and the organisers all want you to get round so are flexible with the info for the route e.g. if you want to try the regularity they will also supply the tests only road book in case you get it wrong. Cracking social events, driver is competitive but rusty so there will be no pressure for a 1st overall, he would like to compete on several rounds and build the team work up in the car and develop the handling and performance of the car so oportunity for novice to get out on events and learn (inc by mistakes) main priority is enjoying the rallying. PM me initially for details
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Loved the stage and the driving was pretty good too.

Scott
moose

Post by moose » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm

i would have fastend my helmet
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
bks974c

Post by bks974c » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm

link deleted

Pity I've got something on that weekend

Scott
Last edited by bks974c on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bks974c

Post by bks974c » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 pm

moose wrote:i would have fastend my helmet
That thought occurred to me but wasn't sure if it was just a long strap.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Correct link

Scott
moose

Post by moose » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 am

Free rallying for novices

Wigton Motor Club
Lake District Classic
and
Lake District Targa
Sponsored by

Sunday, 7th July 2013

A counter towards the
Gates Tyres
Historic Rally Awards

Wigton Motor Club Ltd
Lake District Classic Rally
and
Lake District Targa
Sponsored by
Lake District Hotels Ltd.

We have pleasure in inviting you to take part in the Lake District Classic Rally and the Lake District Targa on 7th July 2013. The events will start and finish at the Penrith Truck Stop close to Junction 40 on the M6. This year there will be no timing or regularities on public roads, however the parts of the route on private land will be interesting and involving so you will not be bored. The route will visit a total of 20 tests, all of which should be enjoyable for both competitors and marshals alike.

There will be some simple preplotting of the route by map references and directions only and there will be ample time allowed for this before the start. Cars must comply with MSA Blue Book vehicle regulations Sections R 18 and 19 for the event entered. The Classic is a counter towards the Gates Tyres Historic Rally Awards.

We are grateful for the continuing enthusiastic sponsorship of Charles and Kit Graves of Lake District Hotels Ltd whose help enables us to maintain the entry fee at previous levels.

Lake District Hotels have made special rates available at the George Hotel in Penrith for those seeking accommodation.

In celebration of National Motorsport Week we are offering a Free Entry to the first three absolute novice crews to enter. Neither crew member must have competed in any rally previously. The £95 entry fee will be waived for the first three such entries received by post by the entries secretary. The entries can be for either event.

We look forward to seeing you and promise a choice of two enjoyable events with limited road mileage without any trickery, sufficient time to preplot the entire route and an early finish.
The Organising Team.

Lake District Classic Rally 2013
Supplementary Regulations
1.Announcement
Wigton M.C. will promote two clubman status road rallies on Sunday 7th July 2013:-
The Lake District Classic Rally running under MSA Permit Number Applied for.
The Lake District Targa Rally running under MSA Permit Number Applied for
Both with start and finish at the Penrith Truck Stop near Junction 40 M6.

2. Jurisdiction
The events will be held under the General Rules of the RAC MSA Ltd incorporating the provisions of the International Sporting Code of the FIA & these Supplementary Regulations. Both events will run as Clubmans Status events.

3. Eligibility:
Both events are open to members of Wigton Motor Club and. competition licences are not required. All drivers and crew must produce Wigton Motor Club membership cards at signing on.
Historic Permit - Cars registered prior to 31.12.81 which comply with the MSA regulations may be entered in the historic event and period modifications only are permitted. Cars constructed 1/1/68 – 31/12/81 with more than 4 cylinders, two carb chokes or more than 1 camshaft will be submitted to the MSA for consideration.
Targa Permit – Only 2 chokes, 4 cylinders and non turbo 2 wheel drive cars are permitted. Fuel injection permitted if fitted as standard to the model entered.

4. Programme:
Entry list opens now
Entry list closes June 28th
Final instructions e-mailed July 1st
Pre event scrutiny & documentation July 7th 07.30
Event starts July 7th 09.30
Awards presented approx. July 7th 17.30
Any crew not signed on by 30 minutes before their start time will be excluded.

5. Route:
The event will consist of a 70-mile route in the northern Lake District and Eden Valley based on 1:50,000 Landranger O.S. Maps 90 and 91 - any recent edition. There will be two regularity sections on private land timed to the second. There are no time penalties on any public road sections except for exceeding 30 minutes maximum lateness at MTC 1, MTC 3- Lunch Out and MTC 4 Finish. Your due time at any point is that shown on the Time card plus your start number in minutes x 2 (as cars are running at two minute intervals). There may be passage checks and code boards on the tests, which have to be visited and recorded subject to penalty. The competitive part of the event will consist of the tests and regularity sections on private land.
Every competitor will be provided with full route instructions defined by map references and direction of approach and departure. Test book and time cards plus a time schedule will give full details of the event. All will be available after scrutiny and at least 1 hour before individual start times. Cars should start each test in numerical order where possible, at two minute intervals. Walking the tests is not permitted.

6. Classes:

Lake District Classic there are eight classes in four catagories:
Pre- Historic (pre 1960)
H1 Up to 1500cc, H2 Over 1500.
Historic (1960 - 1967),
H3 Up to 1500cc, H4 Over 1500.
Post Historic (1968 -1974),
H4 Up to 1500cc, H5 Over 1500
Classics: (1975- 1981) to road rally specification. Not eligible for overall awards.
C1 Up to 1400cc C2 Over 1400cc
Lake District Targa
There will be three awards Ist o/all, 2nd o/all and 3rd o/all

All vehicles must comply with the appropriate MSA Rallying Technical Regulations (R) Section 18 and 19.
If there are less than 4 cars in a class the organisers reserve the right to almalgamate cars with another class in the same category. For cars entered in the LDC application will be made to the MSA to accept entries from cars registered between 1.1.1968 and 31.12.1981 with more than four cylinders, more than one camshaft and/or more than two carburettor chokes. Competitors must mark their entry forms accordingly.
7. Awards:
Awards will be presented to those competitors who comply with the above and are then classified on their total time and code board penalties on the special tests plus regularity time and code board penalties.

Unique perpetual awards will be presented to the first two in each class subject to the number of entries. The
number of awards may be increased or decreased as appropriate.
The outright winner and second overall will receive the unique perpetual awards but are not eligible for class
awards.
8. Entries:
The entry fee for either event is £95 which includes coffee at the start, a light snack at lunchtime and dinner
at the finish.
Club membership for Wigton Motor Club is available for the balance of the year at £8 per person.All entries
must be made on a correctly and fully completed entry form accompanied by the correct fee. Cheques
should be crossed and made payable to Wigton M.C. Ltd. All cheques will be banked on receipt. The closing
date for entries is June 28th. Late entries may be accepted after that date with an additional fee of £25. The
responsibility for entering the correct event and class lies with the entrant.
Entries Secretary:-
Ron Palmer, Manor Croft, Moorhouse, Carlisle, CA5 6EL
Phone 01228 575153 ronpalmer777@hotmail.com
The maximum number of starters for the Lake District Classic is 60 plus five reserves and for the Lake District Targa is 30 plus 5 reserves. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt and the entry may be reclassified for the start order. Entry fees will only be refunded (minus a £20 administration charge) if the entry is withdrawn in writing prior to June 28th.
Withdrawals after that date will not receive a refund.
9. Officials:
Club Steward John Taylor
Clerks of the Course David Agnew and Ian Whittaker
Chief Marshal David Agnew 01946 841455
Entries Secretary and
Secretary of the Meeting Ron Palmer 01228 575153
Assistant Secretary Ian Whittaker
Time Keepers David Agnew & Graeme Mactavish
Scrutineers John and Andrew Graham
Results Graeme Forrester and Chris Leece.
PR and Safety Officer Graeme Forrester
Start and Finish Coordinators. David and Debbie Rushton

10. Results:
Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the finish as per H35. Any protest must be lodged in accordance with C5.1
11. Route Instructions:
Crews will be provided at signing on with all instructions necessary to plot the route, plus test diagrams and time cards. OS Maps 90 and 91 any recent edition will be required. The route will include transport sections with no time penalties and regularity sections timed to the second.
12. Identification:
Cars will be identified by classic style adhesive rally plates window numbers and numbered time cards.

13. Penalties:
Target Timing will be used for the road sections but there are no road time penalties.
Each competitor must visit all the tests and regularities and reach the finish within 30 minutes of their due
time to be classified as a finisher. There will be no other road timing penalties except for exceeding maximum
lateness of 30 minutes at MTC1, MTC3 and MTC4. The special tests will be run to
RAC MSA regulations and full penalty details will be contained in the final instructions.

14. Times:
The onus in obtaining the correct times lies entirely with the competitor. In the event of a query, the
time on the time card and marshals’ check sheets will be used.

15. Final instructions;
Will contain details of scrutiny, noise checks and start venue arrangements plus details of test and
regularity penalties.

16.Insurance
The entrant is required to supply details and the name and address of his insurers on the entry form. Chaucer
Insurance will be issued for the event.The basic rate for cover on this policy for the event is
£25 per competitor.
All new applicants wishing to use the scheme must comply fully with the points on the entry form.
In the event of a competitor causing damage for which the club must claim, the first £350 will be
payable by the competitor. .

17. Accommodation is available at specially reduced rates at The George Hotel, Devonshire Street,
Penrith. For details call 01768 862696 and mention the Lake District Classic Rally.

Acknowledgements

The club wishes to thank the following for their support in this event.

Charles and Kit Graves, Lake District Hotels Ltd
Gates Tyres.
The landowners on the route:
Mr Alan Jenkinson and Penrith Truckstop,
Mr Edward Wood,
Mr Alastair Dunn.
Mr Richard Morris, PFK Auctions.
Mr Paul Bird,
Carrs Billington,
Lowther Estates
Plus:
The Lake District National Park
Cumbria Police
The MSA
Mr Fred Bent (RLO)
Mr John Taylor
The clubs and individuals who marshal so willingly.

Rec. Ack. Class No.

Wigton Motor Club
Lake District Classic / Lake District Targa
(Delete as appropriate)
ENTRY FORM

Driver: Wigton MC M/ship no.
Address:

Post Code: Telephone:
Navigator: Wigton MC M/ship no.
Address:

Post Code: Telephone:
Driver E-Mail,
Nav. E-mail.
Car make: Model:
Year: Capacity:

ENTRY FEES:

Entry fee £95 £
Club membership for the balance of 2013 £8 per crew member. Application form must be completed. £

Extra meal package £12.00 (2 included with entry fee) £
Chaucer RTA Insurance fee £25 £
Total enclosed £

All fees include coffees at the start and two dinners at the finish.
Please make cheques payable to Wigton M.C. Ltd.

Declaration
I declare that I have been given the opportunity to read the General Regulations of the Motor Sports Association and the supplementary regulations to this event and agree to be bound by them. I declare that I am physically and mentally fit to take part in this event and I am competent to do so. I acknowledge that I understand the nature and type of the competition and the potential risk inherent with motor sport and agree to accept the risk. I understand that all persons having any connection with the promotion and /or organisation of the event are insured against loss or injury caused through their negligence.
I confirm that the use of the vehicle hereby entered will be covered by insurance as required by law which is valid for such part of this event as shall take place on roads as defined by law
I confirm I have read and agree to the terms of the declaration :-

Driver’s Signature...................................................................... Date Age. (if under 18).

Navigator’s Signature....................................................................... Date Age. (if under 18)

Consent of Parent or Guardian if the driver and/or passenger is under 18 years of age.

Parent or Guardian of Driver Parent or Guardian of Navigator

Name................................................... Name........................................................

Relationship............................................ Relationship..............................................

Address...................................................... Address......................................................

................................................................... ....................................................................

Signature..................................................... Signature.....................................................

Insurance Declaration

Competitors must have Insurance in place which provides Third Party Liability cover that complies with the Road Traffic Act. This can be an extension to the existing motor policy for the car or purchased via the event organisers.
If a competitor uses an extension to an existing policy, they will be required to sign a declaration that the cover complies with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act. Any responsibility for a fraudulent or misleading declaration about existing cover lies with the competitor.
If a competitor wishes to purchase cover via the organisers then they can do so prior to the event providing they comply with the following.
All drivers must be aged 19 or over.
Have held a full licence for a minimum of 6 months.
Have no more than 6 points on their licence.
Have had no more than 1 fault claim in the last 3 years.
Any competitor, who falls outside these perameters, may be offered cover at the standard price (or a higher price) depending on circumstances. These competitors must ask the event organisers to obtain agreement from Chaucer Insurance prior to the event.
The Event Organiser’s RTA scheme is underwritten by Chaucer Insurance.
I am able to comply with all the points of the Chaucer Insurance Declaration

Signature Print Name Date

……………………………………………………. …………………………………… ………………
Competitors using their own insurance are required to provide the details below:-

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

MSA Regulation K22.2 (Cars registered between 1.1.68 and 31.12.81) Please indicate if your car has:

More than two carburettor chokes………………….

More than one camshaft…………………………….

More than four cylinders……………………………

Send all completed forms to the Entries Secretary :-
Ron Palmer, Manor Croft, Moorhouse, Carlisle, CA5 6EL

Wigton Motor Club
Membership Application Form 2013
Lake District Classic / Targa Entrants
Name(s)
2012 memb. no.
Email
Address 1
Address 2
Address 3
County
Post Code
Phone number
The events that I would hope to take part in are: Speed Historic Rallies Autotests
Classic Tours Show Autosolos
I hope to marshal on some events

Fees
Single until 31st December 2013 (Magazine by email) £8.00

Cheques payable to Wigton M.C.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
bks974c

Post by bks974c » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 pm

1972 Welsh Rally with several imp

moose

Post by moose » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 pm

always buy the best safety gear you can afford!
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat May 03, 2014 6:33 am

Anybody competing on or marshalling on the Berwick classic rally this weekend? i will be out in a Beetle.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Wed May 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Finished the event 20th O/A and 9th in class. dropped 4 minutes on the regularity (Derek the beetle owner has never co-driven before) He could not read the tests fast enough so we were either top 5 times on tests or 20-30th we were up against plenty of MK 1&2 Escorts a porsche 911 Lotus cortina. it was a quick learning curve for me to get a feel for the car and what must have felt like climbing everest for Derek. I did actually make him ill 3 tests from the end, but he would not give up and we completed all 17 tests and all 174 miles. one team drove a fiat 127 from london Saturday morning competed Sat eve and all day Sunday 17.30 finish and drove back to london! they were given the spirit of the rally award.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 am

QUB Summer Lanes Rally

Attached are the regs and entry form for the newest event in the NESCRO Calendar. The Queens University Belfast Summer Lanes Rally. - Excellent event that has run for a good few years, more recently with Clifford Auld as C of C. This will have some infamous Irish rally names on the entry list so it will be competitive. I did a Recce for the organisers last year and the tests were superb.

At least two crews from the Saltire Rally Club are going so hopefully we can see a few more from other NESCRO Clubs

Colin Wallace
On Behalf of North of England & Scottish Classic Rally Organisers

for regs and entry form contact me! mms@ghyllfield.fslife.co.uk
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat May 24, 2014 8:49 am

Lake District Classic (C, E & N)
Wigton Motor Club Ltd
29th June
Event Type
Tests Simple Regularities and Navigation

Contact
Ron Palmer
01228 575153
ronpalmer777@hotmail.com
Contact
David Agnew
davidwagnew@aol.com
Web Site
www.wigtonmc.co.uk

this is an excellent beginners event all tests can be tackled in a completely standard car coffee and bacon bun at start lunch and meal at results usually 09.00 start 16.30 finish results done by 5 last time i did it £90 plus one tank of fuel split that between two and it is a very very cheap way to get into motorsport
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Sat May 24, 2014 8:50 am

http://www.nescro.co.uk/n/index.php/events

as with all motorsports marshalls are required if you cannot compete try marshalling cracking day out close to the action
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
springcourt
Car Model: singer chamois/imp californian

Post by springcourt » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 pm

hi alan here from springcourt auto and motorcycle centre Rochdale goin to get back into rallying after a 25 year rest ! rear wheel drive only for me so fancied a mk 2 modern didn't quite have the 100k needed !so were goin to build a imp modern have a caly shell for the build would like some advice in the future thank you
a quick over view we are an auto and motor cycle centre with back grounds in aerospace engineering we build racing motor cycles .We designed and built a 650 twin that my business partner Phil Mcgurk won the 2010 ultralightweight manx grand prix breaking the lap record in the process(pic posted) using the same thought process for the imp we are goin to build an imp with as much modern technology as possible. having purchased a road goin singer cham fantastic little car but definatly room for improvement will try to keep post goin

cheers alan
Attachments
650.jpg
ImpManiac

Post by ImpManiac » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:41 pm

Interesting. Cool. 8) Keep us posted. And ask away with your questions! :wink:

The 650 cc bike looks rather delicious.

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
moose

Post by moose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:47 am

Rally north wales this weekend 28th march. Geoff Taylor out in his imp, service park is at farmers mart Bala road Dolgellau LL40 2YE.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
oli
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super Safari Beige 1972

Post by oli » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Just to reply to a question earlier in this thread - one place to mount a scissor jack is inside the spare wheel. I have mine mounted that way, and the wheel is bolted horizontally onto the top of the fueltank. (To a specifically designed frame). Strong cable tie type fixings through the wheels slots hold the jack in place. A pair of pliers or sidecutters in the toolkit suffice for extracting it should it be needed, just carry a few ties for resecuring it afterwards.
moose

Post by moose » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 am

http://www.highlandcarclub.co.uk/Editab ... 0Dates.pdf

NESCRO dates anybody coming out to play?????????????
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 am

http://www.knockhill.com/wordpress/2014 ... l-in-2015/

i will be driving the imp at this event as part of Saltire rally clubs classic car display and shootout, anybody going ??????
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
moose

Post by moose » Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 am

http://www.wigtonmc.co.uk/events/2015/06-28.doc

the lake district classic is a fantastic event to get you started in NESCRO rallies, you can compete in a totaly standard car you may have to back off a on occasion if you have no sumpguard but you will get round, is there anybody else interested in this cheap but fun form of motorsport?
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
colimp66
Car Model: 1970 Hillman Imp Deluxe.. "The Pest"

Post by colimp66 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:43 am

I hopefully will be going up with my son to see you all in action.
Gutted we missed you on the Berwick Rally Mike considering you were on my doorstep in Dunbar when you were razzing around Howdens.

Hoping for better weather for the weekend.
Good luck.

Col.
moose

Post by moose » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:52 am

Two imps out on sunday !

Lake District Classic 2015
Driver Navigator Car Date Class

1 Dave Nicholson Pauline Nicholson Austin Seven Special 1937 H1
2 John Park Andrew Park Austin HealeySprite 1959 H1
3 Darrell Staniforth Nicky Staniforth Morris Mini Cooper S 1967 H3
4 David Alexander Mark Humphries Vauxhall Viva HB 1967 H3
5 William Humphrey John Humphrey Austin Cooper 997 1962 H3
6 Mike Dent Ian Lawman Hillman Imp 1966 H3
7 Trevor Barnes Andrew Shelley Rover 2000 1967 H4
8 Thomas Atkinson Andrew Moore Austin Healey 3000 1960 H4
9 John Fenwick Doug Carmichael Volvo 122S 1963 H4
10 John Sloan Marian Sloan MG Midget 1972 H5
11 Colin Rose Bob Shearer MG Midget 1972 H5
12 Stephen Byrne David Byrne Lancia Fulvia 1972 H5
13 Terry Dixon Maureen Dixon Austin Mini 1300 1970 H5
14 Brian Hodgson Stuart Egglestone Hillman Imp 1971 H5
15 David Heirs Jeremy Wickins Saab 96 V4 1974 H5
16 Colin Wilkinson TBC Ginetta G15 1971 H5
17 David Ruddick Kevin Carruthers Vauxhall Viva 1972 H6
18 Stephen Douglas Callum Douglas MGB GT 1971 H6
19 Joseph Hardy Doreen Sunter Ford Escort MK1 1971 H6
20 John Sutton Paul Hargreaves Triumph Dolomite Sprint 1973 H6
21 David Scott Aiton Tony Coates Hillman Avenger 1600 1970 H6
22 David Marsden Mike Garstang Ford Escort Mk1 2000 1974 H6
23 John Bertram TBC Escort Mexico MK1 1972 H6
24 Ian Dixon Maurice Ellison MGB GT 1971 H6
25 Neil Morrison Jamie Morrison BMW 2002Tii 1973 H6
26 Keith McCurrach David Bell Vauxhall Magnum 1974 H6
27 John Ruddock Abi Ruddock Ford Escort Mexico 1972 H6
28 Brian Bradley Ben Hodgson Mini 1275 1976 C1
29 David Short Roy Heath Ford Escort 1978 C2
30 Ray Jude Ben Jude Triumph TR7 V8 1979 C2
31 Gordon Craigs Ben Graigs MGB 1976 C2
32 James Fee Trevor Waldron MGB GT 1980 C2
33 Stephen Palmer Jack Palmer Rover 25 2004 T1
34 Bruce Thomson Rob Grant Austin Rover Mini 1988 T1
35 Andrew Graham Dionne Taylor Ford Puma 2001 T2
36 David Winter Sally Winter Ford Fiesta 2001 T2
37 Jon Hill Mick Pears Vauxhall Corsa 1993 T2
38 Chris Hunter Fiona Tyson Mazda MX-5 1999 T2
39 Stephen Place Daniel Place Peugeot 309GTi 1989 T2
40 Stuart Bankier Siobhan Bankier MAZDA MX-5 1600 1991 T2
41 Angela Jones William Jones Peugeot 205GTi 1900 1993 T2
42 Geoff Bateman Nick Dunkley Peugeot 205 Gti 1.9 1988 T2
43 Joe Harwood Paul Taylor Ford Puma 2002 T2
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
Lars Hagermark
Car Model: 69 Californian (998) and two 1964 Imps (projects)
Location: 25 km s.w. of Stockholm, Sweden (overseas contact).

Post by Lars Hagermark » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 pm

Wish you good luck and holding thumbs! :D
Overseas contact, Sweden. -69 Cali (998), 2 -64 Imps in need of "some" work.
Life is full of solutions waiting to be found.
bks974c

Post by bks974c » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:13 pm

And a G15 plus several imp owners - some current some passed. Good luck to everyone, have fun.

Scott
ImpManiac

Post by ImpManiac » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:16 pm

The best of luck to everyone for tomorrow! :D

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
moose

Post by moose » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:20 am

we won the blue streak targa rally on sunday despite making a few mistakes, more video footage will follow, Brian hodgson was also out in his 930 powered imp and finished 6th overall as soon as i have a proper copy ofthe full test time results i will post on here.
Regards Moose
Century Autosport