Caerwent stages

moose
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: rally imp

Caerwent stages

Post by moose »

I will be working for Geoff Taylor on the Caerwent rally this weekend Sunday the 2nd. http://www.forresterscarclub.co.uk/Rallies.html

looks like they will have live results on line on the day. Is anybody marshalling?
Regards Moose imp competition secretary
Turboimp
Car Model: Sunbeam Imp Sport Turbocharged in 1983 + Clan

Re: Caerwent stages

Post by Turboimp »

moose wrote:I will be working for Geoff Taylor on the Caerwent rally this weekend Sunday the 2nd. http://www.forresterscarclub.co.uk/Rallies.html

looks like they will have live results on line on the day. Is anybody marshalling?
Hi Mike , you could have dropped off the brake shoes which arrived today thanks ! , you will have passed within 1/2 mile of my house .. They do not allow spectators in at Caerwent base as military . A fascinating place though 12 square miles and lots of it underground , they stored missiles there . SAS train there . And the odd rally .

I took several photos of Geoffs Imp at the service area at Chepstow racecourse in February 2007 for the Wyederan rally . . Imp009 Clan005
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1967 Imp Sport turbo 328000 Imp Miles , in the same car
1972 Clan Crusader 232000 clan Miles in the same car
must be some kind of record !
moose

Post by moose »

Ooops. was a bit of a last minute thing going to the rally for me otherwise we could have met up. We did not have a good day, never even reached the end of the first stage, crown wheel teeth missing like the isle of man rally last year. We had no issues at all on the AGBO stages so we were hoping for a good rally in preparation for the Solway coast and the IOM again. We thought we were locked in the venue for the day so i whipped the engine and box out and pulled the bell housing off to confirm the damage. The Steve the co-driver had organised us a a lift to the trailer park where my car was and i dragged the trailer back to service, loaded impy onto it and i set off home Via Dave Weedons. Gutted for Geoff and Steve, but onwards and upwards to the next rally.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Oh dear Mike, that's a shame. Will the car be ready for the Solway?
Imp022 Imp003
RallyeCallye

Member no. 8, bought first Imp 1971. Owned 7 or 8 lost count!
moose

Post by moose »

that is the plan.