Seat belts made to order

67stiletto
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Seat belts made to order

Post by 67stiletto »

Hi, I needed some seat belts for my resto Chamois "Heinz". The standard ones you can buy off Ebay didn't fit the bill for me so I used a local company recommended to me. They have been really good, a real "old school" set up. I had inertia reels made in red webbing (dont ask)! with a clip in buckle for the hook eye in the floor and the belt buckle itself is a Ford one to match the stalk fitted to the seats in the car. Cost £100 plus VAT which I though for a pair of bespoke items compared to £80 a pair for universal ones was pretty good. She even supplied all the fixing bolts, screw caps etc. Very helpful outfit.

They are called FDTS in West Byfleet, 01932 342043 and you can usually see some nice classics there which is always a good indicator of the type of business they attract.

Imp028 Imp025 Imp009
imp
Club Member: No
Car Model: Hyundai Elantra

Re: Seat belts made to order

Post by imp »

67stiletto wrote:
They are called FDTS in West Byfleet, 01932 342043 and you can usually see some nice classics there which is always a good indicator of the type of business they attract.

Imp028 Imp025 Imp009
it is very interesting
Fujiplane
Car Model: Clan

Post by Fujiplane »

Agree with comments made above. A first class old school business.

The ladies there made up new static belts for my Clan as per original so they would hang on the belt tidy clip on the B pillar. They also re-webbed the original static belts for my TR6 and were even able to supply new 'Old Stock' seat belt stalks which look so much better than the after market Securon stuff and the like. It also meant that the seat belt buckles fitted the rather unique 'tidy' bracket on the TR door post. One of mine was broken and guess what, after a rummage upstairs they found two new 'Old Stock' Kangol belt tidy's.

A long established family firm I'm led to believe. Also gave me coffee and sausage roll!!
gill
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Post by gill »

I have used them too. for refurbing the belts in the Llama.
Very professional, helpful and not expensive.
10 out of 10!
Gill
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

Yes. Lots of folk have given the company excellent feedback. :)

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD