Tune-Up Autoparts, Gelli, Rhondda Fawr

This is the section for passing on details of suppliers that have offered you good service and would like to recommend to others. Please give brief details including price(s) and always include their full contact details and a website link.
No traders, self advertising or complaints please,

Tune-Up Autoparts, Gelli, Rhondda Fawr

Postby celyn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Woot!! I simply have to share this with everyone. :D

I had need of a timing lamp.

My local motor factor (Tune-Up Autoparts, Gelli, Rhondda Fawr) closed at 14:00 today, but I didn't know that and turned up at 14:45. Man who owns shop was within, sorting things out. Saw me looking hopeful, opened door. No, he couldn't sell me a timing lamp, but wait there a second... When he came back he was carrying his own, which he has lent to me for a couple of days while I figure out how to use it. Now tell me, have I got the BEST local motor spares place or have I got the best local motor spares place? Happy happy happy!! :D :D :D

The shop - is a fairly standard spares shop.
The staff - the owner (I assume he's the owner) and one staff member understand older vehicles; another staff member understands modern ones.
The ethos - if it's got an engine (wheels may be optional) then they can - and will - help.
Fran
1971 Imp Basic with minor mods called Celyn (after Terry Pratchett's Imp y Celyn in Soul Music)
celyn

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Imp Mk3 Basic

Re: Tune-Up Autoparts, Gelli, Rhondda Fawr

Postby kilty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Sounds just like the place I used a lot in Southampton. No staff were under the age of about 55, one had been in the bearing business all his working life, one other was in the friction lining business, the 3rd one was an expert in all and sundry in between the two. I used to go in just for the banter and leave with something for my Imp that I didn`t really need. I think I bought all the Rootes stuff they had before I moved. I still go back when I`m there, sadly the oldest guy has died, but has been replaced with an equally old and knowledgable one, bargain! A dying breed these places. :(
Drew Aitchison. Messing about in Imps since 1967!
kilty

Car Model: Imps

Postby bazzateer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:17 pm

kilty wrote:Sounds just like the place I used a lot in Southampton. No staff were under the age of about 55, one had been in the bearing business all his working life, one other was in the friction lining business, the 3rd one was an expert in all and sundry in between the two. I used to go in just for the banter and leave with something for my Imp that I didn`t really need. I think I bought all the Rootes stuff they had before I moved. I still go back when I`m there, sadly the oldest guy has died, but has been replaced with an equally old and knowledgable one, bargain! A dying breed these places. :(

So there is a point to Southampton then? :twisted:
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Temporary Deputy Assistant Under-Manager Chiltern AC
bazzateer

Car Model: 68 Chamois/72 Imp Sports, 72 Deluxe, 67/69 Vogues

Postby celyn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 am

bazzateer wrote:So there is a point to Southampton then? :twisted:

Of course there is - just south of the A33 Platform Road.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=southam ... CE0Q8gEwAg
Fran
1971 Imp Basic with minor mods called Celyn (after Terry Pratchett's Imp y Celyn in Soul Music)
celyn

Car Model: Hillman Imp Mk3 Basic

Postby bazzateer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 am

Nah, that's a point in Southampton, there's still no point to Southampton. :lol:
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Temporary Deputy Assistant Under-Manager Chiltern AC
bazzateer

Car Model: 68 Chamois/72 Imp Sports, 72 Deluxe, 67/69 Vogues

Return to Recommended Non Imp Traders