Where's Hannahs little Imp now? 1975 Super GGL243N

yoeddynz
Club Member: No
Car Model: 1965 Hillman Imp with a Datsun A12 powerhouse.

Where's Hannahs little Imp now? 1975 Super GGL243N

Post by yoeddynz »

Help needed- I am trying to locate Hannah's old Imp- not to purchase but out of curiosity. Hannah bought it in 2002 for 400 quid. We knew nothing about them at all. I didn't even know what it was when Hannah first spotted it sitting in the yard at a blokes place my mate was buying a van from.

We picked it up a few weeks later, fresh MOT (dodgy as we found out later) and within 15 minutes the head gasket blew. I had to tow Hannah behind my Iveco van all the way from North Essex back to Oxford via the m25 and m40. Very illegal but we didn't care. Hannah was simply devastated. We stripped the engine to discover all sorts of bodges including drilled out head bolt holes and thing bolts with nuts to hold the head down!
We swapped in a engine from someone in the club, bought for 100 quid.

Hannah owned Impy for about 1.5 years. She joined the imp club straight away and we went to a few local meets in and around Oxford, our area rep at the time being a very helpful and friendly fella called David?

It failed its next Mot in style, mainly on the sills, which were covered in sill covers, bolted in place along the bottom ! At the time we could not really afford the work required to have new sills fitted. It was then sold to a Scottish lady in Oxford who then kept it parked in her front garden, her intention being to get it restored. It was still in her garden a few years later.

According to DVLA its still on SORN so this is hopeful! We'd love to find out where it is and is it going to be rescued etc. It was Hannah's first classic car and is what kept me keen on getting another Imp many years later :-) We both still own several tools bought for this car, including a torque wrench, socket set and a container of aluminium anti-seize paste- all now having been used on my Imp.

The number plate is GGL243N
20190923_183647.jpg
20190923_183635.jpg
Cheers

Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/28896-was-yoeddynzs-1968-viva-mazda-v6-new-owner-welcome-guzzi-rat/
yoeddynz

Re: Where's Hannahs little Imp now? 1975 Super GGL243N

Post by yoeddynz »

Just found another photo. Would still love to find out the whereabouts of this wee imp..
2020-05-02 10.04.43.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/28896-was-yoeddynzs-1968-viva-mazda-v6-new-owner-welcome-guzzi-rat/
The Nun
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp

Post by The Nun »

Says still on SORN and last log book change was 2015, it's there waiting for someone to do something with it.
Peter Nunn...ey im member 00033
yoeddynz

Post by yoeddynz »

Yeah hopefully! I'd just love to know where!
ganderson888
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1973 Imp Super

Post by ganderson888 »

The other Imp in one of your photos is still owned by David Oakes who is from the Oxford area and he may well have been the club's area centre rep back then. :wink:
Graham Anderson
Graham's Imp Spares
yoeddynz

Post by yoeddynz »

Yeah we know dave. Hannah was a member of the imp club back then and we went to a few local meets. Dave didn't live that far from us either (if he's still in stonesfield)

The last time we saw hannahs imp it was still parked in the front garden in Oxford, owned by the Scottish lady who bought it from hannah. But that was back around the mid-late 2000s