Copyright

Please Read this!

Copyright

Postby forum_admin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:26 pm

Recently we have had a 3rd party bring to the clubs attention the potential use of an image (in this case for an Avatar) without the copyright holders permission to do so.

This is currently being investigated - in the meantime please be careful, whilst the web does allow the ease of pinching/borrowing images please think before doing so.

Regards
Si
Forum Admin
Forum Admin on behalf of the The Imp Club Ltd.
forum_admin

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp

Postby sunstrip_steve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:52 pm

All please take note. Any avatars / images in signatures that are or are an apparent breach of copyright are to be removed by the moderators.

If you disagree with the decision, please alter a moderating, providing supporting information.
Last edited by sunstrip_steve on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunstrip_steve

Postby Forum Landlord » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:22 am

on top of this any inapproiate sigs will be removed and i will disable your bbcode which allows you to post a pic in your signature so lets play nice and not upset anyone
Forum Landlord

Copyright breach

Postby Keith 'Supaimpy' Laming » Fri May 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Following a discussion over copyright I contacted the BBC of use of items on their sites, I have received the following reply. The user has been informed and has removed his avatar.

If you have an image as your avatar that you have downloaded from the web , or that you have scanned from written/printed material please ensure you have the copyright owners permission to 're-use' the image this includes images taken from ebay.

Dear Keith

Thank you for your e-mail regarding a *********screensaver that you would like to use as an avatar.

I'm afraid that the BBC can't grant permission for this. I must advise that the images the BBC uses on its website come from a range of sources with which the BBC has a variety of licensing and re-use agreements. You can find out more about these licensing agreements at the BBC's Terms of Use website at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/

In the meantime, thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Natasha Mellon
BBC Information
Keith
Dorset ACO
Keith 'Supaimpy' Laming

Car Model: Imps and Clans

Postby Keith 'Supaimpy' Laming » Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Bump

Note it is the forum users responsibility to prove ownership of the article or image, not the Imp Clubs task to investigate.

Items will be removed until proof is provided
Keith
Dorset ACO
Keith 'Supaimpy' Laming

Car Model: Imps and Clans

Return to ** PLEASE READ ** - Rules + Notes + Help using the Forum