Help with ordering parts Needed.

Club Spares Info - parts lists and contacts in this forum

Moderator: spares

Help with ordering parts Needed.

Postby Bruno » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Hello to all

My name is Bruno I'm from Portugal and I am writing on behalf of my father who is a new member of the club , he joined in April 2013.

We are restoring my hillman imp super from 1969 and his hillman imp super from 1971, and we have a lot difilculdade in ordering spare parts through the contacts of the club.

The first email was already sent in May 2013 and after that we sent several to different people related to the club spare parts and until this day still have not answer of anyone.
Already sent an email to the following people: Bob Allan, Keith Robbins, Simon Benoy ( redirected us to Bob Allan ) and Sparesfac@theimpclub.co.uk .

There's someone else who might be related to the spare parts of the club ?

Here is our facebook address where we recorded all our work in our Hillman Imp ( hillman.imp.12 @ facebook.com, sorry but the subtitles still are there in Portuguese I will soon translate to English) .

Best regards to all of you

Bruno Isaac
Bruno

Club Member: No
Car Model: 1969 Hillman Imp Super

Re: Help with ordering parts Needed.

Postby bazzateer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:58 am

Hi Bruno,

Search Google for Malcolm Anderson Imp Parts. Malcolm is one of the main suppliers.
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Temporary Deputy Assistant Under-Manager Chiltern AC
bazzateer

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 68 Chamois/72 Imp Sports, 72 Deluxe, 67/69 Vogues

Postby graham_h_miller » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 am

AFAIK Bob Allan doesn't do much online. I know he's not on the Forum and I'm pretty sure he's not on Facebook either.

Your best bet would be to give him a ring between 6-8pm or weekends. I know it's a pain because it's overseas and the phone call would be expensive. Otherwise you could email someone who's online all the time and they could phone Bob and email you back an answer? Might be a bit of a pain, but would get round expensive phone calls.

HTH

Graham
Let's have a little talk about tweetle beetles...
graham_h_miller

Car Model: Hillman Husky

Postby imporium » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am

Bruno wrote:Hello to all

My name is Bruno I'm from Portugal and I am writing on behalf of my father who is a new member of the club , he joined in April 2013.

We are restoring my hillman imp super from 1969 and his hillman imp super from 1971, and we have a lot difilculdade in ordering spare parts through the contacts of the club.

The first email was already sent in May 2013 and after that we sent several to different people related to the club spare parts and until this day still have not answer of anyone.
Already sent an email to the following people: Bob Allan, Keith Robbins, Simon Benoy ( redirected us to Bob Allan ) and Sparesfac@theimpclub.co.uk .

There's someone else who might be related to the spare parts of the club ?

Here is our facebook address where we recorded all our work in our Hillman Imp ( hillman.imp.12 @ facebook.com, sorry but the subtitles still are there in Portuguese I will soon translate to English) .

Best regards to all of you

Bruno Isaac

Hi Bruno, email me direct at malcolmimps@aol.com for anything you may need ? as send parts to Portugal all the time, or can bring over sometimes .... :wink: ... 8) ..O brigado ....... I did email Jose back in February re panels... :? .. Malcolm
" Keeping the Imp Alive & Kicking "
http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk
imporium

Car Model: Hillman Husky Singer Chamois Commer Imp Van

Postby Spanish Singer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Bruno,
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with ordering parts for your cars. I am in the Costa Blanca in Spain and have the same problem as you guys, there are no parts available here for our cars. I have ordered many parts from Bob Allen at the Club without problem and he has always been very helpful. I have also brought many spares from Malcolm Anderson, once again very helpful.
My advice is to take time to figure out all that you need so that it can be sent in one order to save on postage costs.
Would be great to see some pictures of your cars on the forum.
Good luck, Paul Imp009
Spanish Singer

Car Model: Singer Chamois 1967

Postby Bruno » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Hello to all

Thank you all for the tips, we will try to call during the week.

Thank you to All
Bruno Isaac
Bruno

Postby The Nun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 am

I think BOB ALLEN lives on a farm so he will be busy with the lambs and things you do on farms I imagine.
He does farms but not forums apparently.
Peter Nunn...ey! Im member no.33
Singer Chamois? I know them, my wife's got one of their sewing machines.
The Nun

Car Model: Singer 998 B1 Sport Chamois 1966

Postby imporium » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 am

The Nun wrote:I think BOB ALLEN lives on a farm so he will be busy with the lambs and things you do on farms I imagine.

I think you find Bob lives on a funny farm........... :lol: :lol: :lol: not like ye olde devonshire ones... pete :wink: :wink:
imporium

Postby KeithR » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Bruno'

I am baffled as to why you feel you have not been helped by the club as both Bob Allen and I have promptly replied to emails and I have spoken on the telephone to a very pleasant Portuguese lady regarding this matter. I know that the Club spares do not have many of the body parts you require but we always try to advise where the parts can be obtained.

Keith (Spares Facilitator)
KeithR

Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto, Hillman Super Imp

Postby The Nun » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm

imporium wrote:
The Nun wrote:I think BOB ALLEN lives on a farm so he will be busy with the lambs and things you do on farms I imagine.

I think you find Bob lives on a funny farm........... :lol: :lol: :lol: not like ye olde devonshire ones... pete :wink: :wink:

LOL so thats why its call Shady Wood? :shock:
Peter Nunn...ey! Im member no.33
Singer Chamois? I know them, my wife's got one of their sewing machines.
The Nun

Car Model: Singer 998 B1 Sport Chamois 1966

Postby Bruno » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello to all

Do not want look ungrateful in relation to the club , we were just having trouble communicating with the people responsible for the parts.
Here in Portugal is very hard to find parts for our imps so we were very concerned with buying the parts to the club.
But now it is everything is already solved, jus need to take care of transport to Portugal.

Above all I respect all people involved in club.

Bruno Isaac
Bruno

Postby imporium » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 am

Bruno wrote:Hello to all

Do not want look ungrateful in relation to the club , we were just having trouble communicating with the people responsible for the parts.
Here in Portugal is very hard to find parts for our imps so we were very concerned with buying the parts to the club.
But now it is everything is already solved, jus need to take care of transport to Portugal.

Above all I respect all people involved in club.

Bruno Isaac

Hi Bruno, I never had an email reply from you at all for some reason ?? :? :o Regards Malcolm Imp003 Imp009 Van001 Husky003
imporium

Return to Imp Club Spares