Brands Hatch to Nurburgring

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events

Brands Hatch to Nurburgring

Postby skamanfrank » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:26 am

Right, well there's a post on Retro Rides about a big arsed trip from Brands Hatch to the Nurburgring from the 23rd-30th August.

It IS being organised by a mini forum, but this year they want to open it to all kinds of classics/retros. The poster has said that Imps are allowed (I asked).
I'm not sure if I'll be going along with the main group/as part of the actual trip, as I think I may need to take my own cheaper route (silly oclock in the morning ferry, do all the driving in one day- it's only 300 miles, save on hotel in Belgium), but I certainly hope to go.

For the past 3 years www.TheMiniForum.co.uk have run a successful trip called BH2N (Brands Hatch 2 Nurburgring).
As the title tells you, its a trip from Brand Hatch race track in kent, down to dover on the ferry and over to france. Then a nice trek through france and we stop overnight in Belgium. The next day, we leave and head for the legendary race track The Grun Holle aka The Nurburgring/Nordschlief.

This year we are making a few changes, and are opening it up to the majority of classic and retro motors.

Everything is being organised as we speak, and at the moment I cannot give a price. Althogh the date is expected to be August 23rd-30th.

Doing a roungh guestimate from last year I would say the price could be around £200, but as I said this is a guestimate, it could be more it could be less. fuel and food wouldbe on top of this.

Accomadation; Belgium we stay in a hotel, which is included in the price, and whilst at the ring we will be at a campsite, which is not only fantasic, but the location is just a dream. In 2006 we were woken by the sounds of ferraris on the F1 track at 8am.

At the moment I'm just trying to see how many people would be intrested that way we can see if we can get bigger discounts thus making the price cheaper.

The run really is a great laugh, there is so much to do over there, and you don't have to be up at a certain tyime doing this on that day and something else on that day. Its such a great trip which is why we at TMF want to open it to other forums and likeminded car fanatics.

If you are intrested please add your name to the list I will start underneath this.

If a moderator of RR wants to contact me for more info then please feel free to add me on msn;

minimadpie1986@hotmail.co.uk

Hope to see some of you joining us at Brands in august.

Pie

And the answers to a few of my questions
Skamanfrank. Would love to see an imp go in answer to your questions;

As for how many miles I'm unsure to be honest.

Day1; Brands Hatch - dover - Charloir (belgium): usually takes about 45mins to get from bh to dover. Then a few hours from france to Charloir.
Day2; Charloir - The ring: again a few hours.

on the way back its obviously the reverse.

As for speed, we do tend to stick to the limits over there and here, once your at the ring speed is upto you, but I wouldnt reccomend turning up, thining its easy and then going as fast as possible round the ring, its how accidents happpen.

We do tend to split up into small groups once off the ferry in france. We usually pull over into the carpark once off the ferry and organise groups of simillar engine size.
I wouldnt say your car would be the slowest, we have had 850cc minis come with us in the past and 2 years running we had a 850 auto.

As for mini owners minding, I cant see it being a problem. Personally I love the imps. A-series yet RWD now your talking lol
Would love to see your car at brands, love the colour and the wheels too.

Original thread here

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index ... 550&page=1

If anyone else is interested I think it would be awesome.
Last edited by skamanfrank on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Club Member: No
Car Model: 1972 Imp Super

Postby bazzateer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:56 am

"I love the imps. A-series yet RWD now your talking lol" :?

Are you sure he knows what an Imp is??? :lol:
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Temporary Deputy Assistant Under-Manager Chiltern AC
bazzateer

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 68 Chamois/72 Imp Sports, 72 Deluxe, 67/69 Vogues

Postby pure~hillman~imp » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:57 am

That the only problem I have is when some chav turns round and says, "what is it a mini engine yea".

Errrrrrrrrrm. No.
Change of location: Avoiding teh forumz Police...
pure~hillman~imp

Car Model: 1976 Saloon, MX5 Turbo

Postby skamanfrank » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:43 pm

No one fancies it then? :(
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Postby battenj » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:14 pm

very tempted by this, sounds like a laugh
battenj

Car Model: Hillman Imp Super

Postby chris » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:35 pm

yer I was thinking about doing this too!!!!

chris
Wanted..... FREE STILETTO...... PM Me...........worth a try haha :)
My G15 page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/398397523543681/
chris

Car Model: g15 turbo

Postby skamanfrank » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:36 pm

chris wrote:yer I was thinking about doing this too!!!!

chris

Finish the turbo and put some minis to shame round the 'ring ;)

I'm almost definately going, as I've managed to recruit a mate to come along with me and hence, share the petrol costs. w00p w00p!
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Postby Dev » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks Frank for bringing this over here.

You guys are more than welcome on this and we hope to get quite a range of cars not just minis and imps.

Here are the exact details released today.

For the 2008 run the dates have changed as decided to accomodate the requests for it to be in the holidays.

So we will still meet at Brands Hatch for distribution of "Goodie Bags" but this will be on the 13th August for the start of the week.
We will still be going for a week returning on the 20th August.

This year we would like everyone to stop over in Belgium as managing the convoys last year was difficult, especailly the straight through group. With this in mind we have found a hotel with better rooms and facilities and the night on the way out and way back is included in the price.

Our stay in Germany will once again be hosted by the wonderful Herr Fischer at Camping Am Nurburgring. Again the cost of the camping is included in the price. Herr Fischer provides us with a lovely site with clean showers/toilets and there is a bar/resturant on site that does a cracking breakfast (they will do veggie if you ask).

Whilst at the 'Ring we will have some days out planned but these will be decided with the weather in mind at the time.

There will also be a final night dinner but this will not be included in the cost.

So down to the nitty gritty and the cost.

This year the cost will be GBP 200, for this you get Ferry crossings, 2 nights hotels in Belgium, 6 nights camping, and the ubiquitous good pack. Based on one person in one car.

Application forms will be online soon and we will have a deposit scheme this year in that you pay GBP 50 up front and the final GBP 150 is payable by May 31st 2008.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post, pm or email me at david_evans@apl.com

Please can you add your self to the list if you are interested.

on be half of the CBH2N '08 Team
Dev
Dev

Postby skamanfrank » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:44 pm

Excellent :) Cheers for popping over Dev! Quite looking forward to this now.

What is the cost for 2 people in 1 car? I believe your post on RR mentioned the passenger only has to pay for camping @ 12Euros per night?
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Postby Dev » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:53 pm

The only additional cost is the camping for the passenger at 12 euros a DAY!

So total would be approx GBP 240 depending on exchange rate.

On top of this you just have food and fuel, but as i dont know what imps are like on juice i cant tell you how much it will cost.

For example though my mini used 5.5 tanks on the way there from Preston. I have a heavily tuned engine and a 3.44 final drive so thats not bad. think its about 30 mpg.

I'll post the application forms for download when they become avaliable on here.

cheers
dev
Dev

Postby skamanfrank » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Now that sounds like one hell of a bargainous (real word? don't care!) trip!!!!!

Awesome :D :D :D :D
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Postby bazzateer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Quite close to Imp08 though! Not sure I can do both :cry:
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Temporary Deputy Assistant Under-Manager Chiltern AC
bazzateer

Car Model: 68 Chamois/72 Imp Sports, 72 Deluxe, 67/69 Vogues

Postby Dev » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Keep your eyes peeled guys, the application forms will be online soon as will the website.

This year we are having a payment plan so that you can split the cost over 4 payments.

Cheers
Dev
Dev

Postby Dev » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Application forms now on line.

Also you can now pay in installments of GBP 50

http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/in ... opic=65156
Dev

Postby ImpManiac » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Sounds like a great idea. I'd love to do this trip but am not yet sure about finances. Installments might help, though. :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
ImpManiac

Car Model: Singer Chamois

Postby Dev » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:08 am

should cost you if on your own 400 all in.

if you need the application for email me, and we hope you guys can join us on this event. Dont miss it you'll regret it if you do.
Dev

Postby Dev » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:25 am

Paypal now avaliable pm me for details
Dev

Postby Dev » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 am

The All new BH2N Retro run website is now up and running, check it out and the forums too.

You can get the application form here as well.

www.bh2nretro.co.uk
Dev

Postby skamanfrank » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:57 am

Cheers for the link Dev
Cheers
Frank
skamanfrank

Postby Pie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Hello all.

Some of you will know me from Retro-Rides.com, I am Pie :D

Just a small update.

Basically, Dev has left the run, and organising team due to personal reasons. This is a shame and has come as a shock as Dev is a veteran runner, and a great asset to the team.

Anyhow, we have a new website due for completetion in the next few days, the new web address will; be; http://www.bh2nretro.com

We are still looking for our first Imp to sign up, we have minis, dolimites and a couple of other retro cars signed up, but no Imps, which is a shame as im looking forward to seeing one on the ring.

Anyway, any problems or questions that the website cant answer, please feel free to PM me either on here, theminiforum.co.uk or retro-rides.

Thanks,

Pie
Pie

practice

Postby steve g » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:15 pm

if i can get my imp built by august i'll definately do it. i need practice on the nurbergring and with all those minis to overtake it'll be more authentic for the race i have with my mate in his mini.
the only problem is i've only just started building my engine and i don't even have an imp yet. but you never know.....
steve g

Car Model: centaur mk1

Postby Pie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:48 am

Steve, im in the other boat. I have my mini but im just saving the pennies to fund my new engine :?

Deadline for payment is May31st at the moment. So you could always pay, and then buy/bring another retro car lol

Do it thought, its amazing to say the least.

Pie
Pie

Postby Pie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:20 pm

32 runners confirmed, and some tasty cars.....yet no imps :(

www.bh2nretro.com

Would be nice to see some of your beautys and beasts join us.
Pie

Return to Events - Club and Non Club