News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events
Jim 'Saltire' Fraser
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: '67 Singer Chamois Coupe

IMP ECOSSE 2020

Post by Jim 'Saltire' Fraser » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:48 pm

IMP ECOSSE 2020 MORTONHALL CAMPING AND CARAVAN PARK, EDINBURGH
Event organiser, Jim Fraser, Joint Edinburgh & Fife ACO

I am please to announce that I have already secured the venue for Imp Ecosse 2020. After three years of hotel based events, I thought it would be nice to return to the original camping site based format for this one. The venue is one that we used back in 2012 and is situated just a few miles outside Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh and just a few minutes from the A720 Edinburgh bypass.
On the weekend of Friday 24th April to Sunday 26th April, Mortonhall Camping and Caravan Park will once again play host to Imp Ecosse and the site has plenty of accomodation choices to suit all tastes. So whether you like the idea of glamping in wigwams or shepherd huts, relaxing in residential caravans or bringing your own touring caravan, motorhome or tent, Mortonhall will be happy to see you enjoy their wonderful site and facilities.
The site manager, Andy Wallis, remembers us from 2012 and was very happy to have us back for the 2020 event. He has kindly agreed to provisionally book off almost all of the onsite accomodation for our members and recommends booking by telephone on 0131 664 3137.
Please quote IMP ECOSSE 2020 so that he knows that you are part of Imp Ecosse event. Details of pricing as provided by Andy are shown below.

20 holiday homes (15 reserved for Imp Ecosse) – Min 2 nights 50% deposit required balance 6 weeks before arrival:-
2 bed standard ( 1 x double + 1 x twin + 1 x pull out double bed in lounge) £75.00 per night
3 bed standard (1 x double + 2 x twin + 1 x pull out double bed in lounge) £80 p.n.
2 bed premium £85.00 p.n.
3 bed premium £ 90.00 p.n.
3 x Shepherd Huts –Sleeps couple, 1 x king sized bed, Min 2 nights 50% deposit balance 6 weeks before arrival:- £70 per night
8 x Wigwams :- Min 2 adults chargeable, min 2 nights. Deposit 50% and balance 6 weeks before arrival
£21.00 per adult per night, children half adult rate.
Touring & Camping:- 50% deposit, balance on arrival, inc for 2 people awnings and extra children adults extra
Grass pitch (Small camper van & camping) £16.00 p.n. 2 people
Standard (Grass with electric) £18.00 p.n.
Premium (hard standing with electric) £21.00
Full Service (Hard standing with electric water and drainage) £22.50
For further information on Mortonhall please have a look at their website https://www.meadowhead.co.uk/parks/mortonhall/

Regards, Jim
If it ain't broke, you've not fiddled with it hard enough!!!
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 72 Deluxe

Re: IMP ECOSSE 2020

Post by bazzateer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Pitch booked and deposit paid :D
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
Richard Claydon
Car Model: 65 Ex Works Rally Car

Post by Richard Claydon » Mon May 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Also booked.

Slight increase in price to £23 per night for a fully serviced pitch for the motorhome plus £15 for the Imp.

Rich
Richard Claydon
81 Sport
67 Preproduction Stiletto
65 Works Rally Car
gill
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Post by gill » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Jim, last time Ecosse was held here, there was an optional coach tour of Edinburgh with a lady guide describing what we were seeing, and taking us to an amazing viewing point. I thoroghly enjoyed it, and would be more than happy to do it again.
Gill
GIllian Hill