Imp Ecosse 2019

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events
impstop
Club Member: No
Car Model: clan crusader /singer chamois

Re: Imp Ecosse 2019

Post by impstop » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 am

anyone coming south of jmt 23 m6 its closed at the the mo !! bob this is you!! im setting off at 9 meeting gaz getting on at standish andy :D
impstop
Car Model: clan crusader /singer chamois

Post by impstop » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 pm

had a good weekend other than the disaster on friday with my mates audi lol fantastic run out on sunday nice to have met everyone cheers for the hospitality andy :P
philgsmith
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 pm

We had a great weekend.. Many thanks to everyone for making it such a success. Hilda ran great all weekend, even with 4 up on Sunday. It was an uneventful drive home, but the BMW averaged 42mpg with Hilda on the trailer - must have been all down hill! Hope everyone else got home OK.

Phil
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Excellent weekend with some lovely driving roads, especially the later part of the Sunday run round Loch Ken. Hotel looked after us really well.

Journey home was going really well until our windscreen went 130 miles from home. Drove slowly to the next services, removed it piece by piece (though there is still some in the heater) and then drove the remaining 120 miles by which time we were very cold and very glad to get back.
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 67 Vogue, 69 Vogue

Post by bazzateer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Great weekend, great runs. I even found a different route back from Kirkcudbright which was immense!
The run home was uneventful apart from the tow car telling me I had a flat tyre, which was a lie :evil:
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
philgsmith
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:26 pm

bazzateer wrote:Great weekend, great runs. I even found a different route back from Kirkcudbright which was immense!
The run home was uneventful apart from the tow car telling me I had a flat tyre, which was a lie :evil:
Baz

Check your trailer .. when we went to Ireland 2015 our Beemer flashed up a run flat warning - turned out to be one of the trailer tyres.. that's German engineering for you ! Phil
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
jo280
Car Model: sunbeam stellio

Post by jo280 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Great weekend. Thanks to Ian and the rest of the gang for organising it. We had an eventful journey over and back. Managed to miss the ferry going both directions lol. Going over the imp decided to over heat, we couldnt do more than 35mpg. This was after changing water pump and flushing her on the wed. Got off the boat in Cairnryan, we took it easy, temp seemed to stabilise itself. We think it was just airlocked and unblocked itself thankfully.

On way back yesterday we decided to go to Ayr for the afternoon before our 8 oclock ferry. Left just after 5 to cruise down to Cairnryan. Reached Girvan and the throttle cable decided to snap at the back. A ring to the AA and a very helpful AA man we where on our away. He managed to stretch the cable just long enough and put in a different bolt and we where under way again.

Rachel had a ball all weekend. I asked her what was the best part and she said being out in the imp lol. Richard was delighted and surprised at getting 2nd overall and the Peoples choice trophy as theres still a few things he would like to do to finish the car off. Thanks to everyone that voted Rachel loved collected the trophies. Sorry if she was annoying anyone on sat nite as she was a bit hyper with all the excitement of her birthday.

Hope to see some of you over at the Irish Experience in Doolin in May.

Richard, Joanne and Rachel
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 67 Vogue, 69 Vogue

Post by bazzateer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 pm

philgsmith wrote:Baz

Check your trailer .. when we went to Ireland 2015 our Beemer flashed up a run flat warning - turned out to be one of the trailer tyres.. that's German engineering for you ! Phil
I did, all fine. :)
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
wiskid
Car Model: 72 Imp Super & Maguire Imp

Post by wiskid » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Great to hear from everyone that they enjoyed the Imp Ecosse Weekend at Dumfries, it make all the organising worth while for all the team.

Really sorry to hear that some were not so lucky on their homeward journeys with petrol eating the hoses and throttle cables breaking but the biggest shock must have been the windscreen breaking some 180 miles from home. When I rallied I used to carry some motor cycle goggles for just such an emergency.

Glad the hotel did us proud and that everyone appreciated the menus etc. My wife tells me that that was the last Ecosse I will be organising so roll on Linwood Day on the5th May and hope to see some of you there.

Best Regards
Ian Sinclair
Imp011 Imp003
Born again Imper
gill
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Post by gill » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks from me too to the organisers, grand job, and to everyone for their wonderful company. A great weekend.
And after the trials and tribulations last year, MarGoWie never missed a beat. 835 miles round trip, averaged 44mpg and used an eggcup-full of oil.
Gillian Hill
imp.sport
Car Model: Sunbeam Imp Sport (Marv)

Post by imp.sport » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:15 pm

wiskid wrote:
My wife tells me that that was the last Ecosse I will be organising so roll on Linwood Day on the5th May and hope to see some of you there.

Best Regards
Ian Sinclair
Imp011 Imp003
Also my thanks to all the team.
Its a shame your good lady has declared that. From what I saw she seemed to be throughly enjoying her role this year.

Imp009
ylee coyote
Car Model: clan crusader

Post by ylee coyote » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Ist Imp Ecosse ,Big thanks to the organisers ,well done ! we were only there for the Saturday run out (cut short by mechanical maladies ) but the instructions were spot on ,The venue was great and spectacularly good value
The wife loved it too ,so a result

Colin the clan fared badly by flattening his battery on the trailer even with his isolator off ,then his clutch master cylinder failed ,the wipers started to overreach the engine cooling was doing strange things the radio stopped working

Thanks to Malcolm ,a replacement cylinder turned up the next day ,amazing service ,thank you
It has been fitted and bled (thank goodness for the access hatch ,what do other Clan owner do ? )
The cooling issue was down to me fitting the thermostat round the wrong way ,so that has been re-plumbed

Just the wipers and radio to fix now
Will definitely be back next year .... Clan004
M-Power Clan Crusader
Saab Turbo X
Saab Turbo T16s