Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events

Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby phatbob » Mon May 29, 2017 8:24 pm

A few of us have booked for the 60s weekend at the Llangollen Railway. It would be nice to have a few more. It's Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th July

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/eve ... july-2017/

People should contact the Llangollen railway directly to book (just drop them an e-mail).
Each exhibitor gets a free pass for the whole weekend for the trains and busses, plus admitance to the live music and real ale event at Llangollen station on the Saturday night.

We impers will be staying at the Carrog Station Campsite on the Friday and Saturday night.
http://www.stationcampsite.com/
We'll be going to the pub in Carrog on the Friday night (http://www.thegrouseinncarrog.co.uk/) and going to the event in Llangollen on the Saturday night. There is a special late train back on Saturday, so no drink/driving issues.
Any further questions, please get in touch.
Best regards,
Bob.
Image Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
phatbob
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Warrington, England
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby keanej » Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

I'll be going this year
John
Rover P4 + P6
Imp Super
Saab 99L
Sandbach, Cheshire
User avatar
keanej
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: Sandbach, Cheshire
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby gill » Wed May 31, 2017 6:44 pm

Bob, Am I cracking up?
On my calendar, July 23rd-24th is a Sunday and Monday.
Gill
gill
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: Sussex
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby phatbob » Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm

gill wrote:Bob, Am I cracking up?
On my calendar, July 23rd-24th is a Sunday and Monday.
Gill


Sorry, typo. It's Saturday and Sunday, 22nd and 23rd.
A typo that I faithully copied. Doh!

So, will we be seeing you and John? Great event and a lovely campsite.

Image Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
phatbob
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Warrington, England
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby gill » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:53 am

Sadly no - we are going to a wedding reception on the evening of the 22nd.
I was thinking we could - if the dates had been right :-(
Maybe next time?
Gill
gill
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: Sussex
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby phatbob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:45 am

gill wrote:Sadly no - we are going to a wedding reception on the evening of the 22nd.
I was thinking we could - if the dates had been right :-(
Maybe next time?
Gill


Fingers crossed for next year then. It's always the same weekend BTW.
It's a really good do.

Image Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
phatbob
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Warrington, England
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby phatbob » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

So who else is coming then?
Just over two weeks to go before this really fun event.
My spies tell me that the beers have now been ordered for the beer festival and a pukka live band booked for Saturday night.
Free rides along the scenic splendor of the Dee valley await us. 8)
Image Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
phatbob
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Warrington, England
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby Impecunious » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 pm

phatbob wrote:So who else is coming then?
Just over two weeks to go before this really fun event.
My spies tell me that the beers have now been ordered for the beer festival and a pukka live band booked for Saturday night.
Free rides along the scenic splendor of the Dee valley await us. 8)
Image Imp002



Beer festival Bob - now you're talking :D

Stratford on Avon beer festival this Friday/Saturday at the racecourse; I'll be serving both days if anyone fancies a gargle and some generous tasters 8)

We racked 80 real ales today and 20 odd ciders and I'm knacked :?

Dave W.

Clan003
Impecunious
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 am
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Clan Crusader Singer Chamois Sport Audi A4 Quattro

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby pubcrawler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:05 am

Wont be going this year due to a wedding we're attending :(
Did the classic transport weekend last weekend, lots more there including loads of classic motorbikes 8)
The only thing missing was the beer festival and entertainment on Llangollen station :o
Personally I thought this was a much better organised event :D
Attachments
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4636.JPG
IMG_4637.JPG
Owner of the Green Heartbeat Imp from Aidensfield!
Martin Parkes.
User avatar
pubcrawler
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 am
Location: West Midlands
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1965 Hillman Imp, 1971 Austin Healey Sprite MkIV

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby phatbob » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:07 pm

pubcrawler wrote:Wont be going this year due to a wedding we're attending :(
Did the classic transport weekend last weekend, lots more there including loads of classic motorbikes 8)
The only thing missing was the beer festival and entertainment on Llangollen station :o
Personally I thought this was a much better organised event :D


Shame we won't be seeing you this year Martin. You'll be back again next year I hope.
I notice Dave the van in one of your photo's, incognito in his alter-ego of Dave the Chamois. :wink:
Image Imp002
Astronomy is looking up!
phatbob
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am
Location: Warrington, England
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Re: Llangollen Railway 60's weekend. 23-24 July, 2017

Postby pubcrawler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 am

phatbob wrote: Shame we won't be seeing you this year Martin. You'll be back again next year I hope.
I notice Dave the van in one of your photo's, incognito in his alter-ego of Dave the Chamois. :wink:
Image Imp002


I'll be back next year. Yes Dave seems to crop up everywhere :o :D
Owner of the Green Heartbeat Imp from Aidensfield!
Martin Parkes.
User avatar
pubcrawler
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 am
Location: West Midlands
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1965 Hillman Imp, 1971 Austin Healey Sprite MkIV


Return to Events - Club and Non Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest