Bridge Of Allan Classic Car Show

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events

Bridge Of Allan Classic Car Show

Postby John Ross » Tue May 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi folks

It was a very last minute entry (as in today for next Sunday) but there will be folkd from the Glasgow and Edinburgh / Fife areas making a turn out at the Bridge of Allan Classic Car show

This is a charity event which is organized by Stirling & District Classic Car Club

http://www.sdccc.co.uk/index.php/show.html

Alex was going to be the only person there this year as no-one was able to commit to it beginning of the year and it gets booked up very quickly, but they had a cancellation so I bagged some spaces.

So far we have about 7 cars turning up for the event representing the club, still a few places spare.

Would be great even if you do not bring a car along to see any members past, present and especially future :-D if you have time.

I appreciate it is too long a drive for lots of folks but I know some do social media, some don't and a lot of folks do use the forums. Just exploiting as many media avenues as we can.

Anyone local with time, would be great to see you there

John
John Ross

Club Member: Yes
Car Model: too many at moment.....

Re: Bridge Of Allan Classic Car Show

Postby John Ross » Sun May 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Well a great day out and a field filled with really nice cars.

Thanks to George and Beverly for bringing along the BMW powered clan, hope you get the door lock sorted out easy enough George.
Thanks to Ian Sinclair Alex Knox, Dave Scott and Keith McCurrach and the visit from Bill / John in the midget
Paul Coulter loaned us the Police Imp and his Caledonian for the day but could not make it.
Kids just loved that blue light switch :-D
Cheers Alex for sorting out the feather signs collection and Ian for the signs
Thanks Jiim Fraser for the pop up shelter, signs and Pat / Jim / Helen/ Aileeen for the sarnies Setup, stories for the cars, the catering and Michael for the extra driver, we will make an imper out of Michael yet :-)

For a sub few weeks to organise and do, was a great last minute team effort (by last minute I mean we were still printing and laminating this morning at 7 oclock!) and turn out (and the sun was great !)

Was also great to meet one of the fellas (Barry) doing this

https://www.facebook.com/Lionsroad17/?h ... S_TIMELINE

Thats a longs ways for an imp !

Cheers for the great day fellas

John
Attachments
20170514_102021.jpg
20170514_102033.jpg
20170514_102042.jpg
20170514_102055.jpg
John Ross

Car Model: too many at moment.....

Postby pmcg » Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 am

Here are a few more pics...
Attachments
IMG_3523.jpg
IMG_3522.jpg
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3519.jpg
IMG_3518.jpg
IMG_3517.jpg
pmcg

Car Model: Singer Chamois, Hillman Imp

Postby ylee coyote » Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

We look like mutt and jeff in that last picture !!
It was a great day, superb company and the weather was kind ,ended up with a burnt napper !
door lock took 10 mins to fix once I could see it properly (illumination and the right glasses)
Surprisingly big show with lots to see ,The Imp club should plan to do it every year ,It supports some great causes .
M-Power Clan Crusader
Saab Turbo X
Saab Turbo T16s
ylee coyote

Car Model: clan crusader

Return to Events - Club and Non Club