Full English - a huge success!

gill
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Full English - a huge success!

Post by gill »

Many thanks to James and jason for their excellent organisation of this new event, even booking fine weather.
I understand the peak count of Imps was 22, there were 46 dinners ordered from the chippie on Saturday, and even still 30 there for the dinner on Sunday evening.
Rootes Archive Centre, pub, Cotswolds tour including the Motor Museum at Bourton on the Water, Broadway Tower, village hall, Stoke Bruerne Canal museum, pub.
A great weekend, the only thing that didn't go to plan much were the board games at the village hall - we were all too busy chatting and catching up!
A great weekend.
Thanks James, thanks Jason.
Gill
bazzateer
Car Model: 68 Chamois Sport, 72 Imp Sport, 76 Datsun 260Z

Re: Full English - a huge success!

Post by bazzateer »

Yep,

Excellent weekend, campsite was really good - pods are the future - especially with heaters!

I didn't do the canal museum, instead Roger and I went to watch the PCT event. Had a great time watching the two Weekes (or the fortnight as we called them :roll: :lol: ) and Dick Tompkins show everyone else how to drive up impossibly steep and slippery grassy hills. Never been to one of these events before but thoroughly enjoyed it. Should've worn a hat though as I now look like a red panda!

I think Gemma was the only female driver on the event and she certainly can teach some of the (much older) men competing how it's done - which I may have pointed out to a couple of them :oops: :D

I've already pointed out to James and Jason that there's a gap in Imp events next year during July which would be perfectly filled by the second Full English.

So good to see Jaap, Annette and Trudi there too :D .

Baz
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?
Barry Blackmore - Chiltern ACO, apparently.......................
Woodstock
Car Model: Hillman Imp

Post by Woodstock »

bazzateer wrote:Yep,

Excellent weekend, campsite was really good - pods are the future - especially with heaters!

Baz
Loved the pods! Nice and easy to load the car up this morning.
A great weekend, thanks and well done to James and Jason.
Must have been good for me to want to post on here, I only just remembered my password. :oops:

Nice drive home too, even the M25 was moving.

Cheers, Graham
Graham Cashmore
Heathrow ACO
Yes, I have still got my red Stiletto
No, I haven't finished it yet
July 2014: It's MOT'd, Taxed & Insured!
philgsmith
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith »

What a great time we had at the first Full English. We can only say many many thanks to Jason and James for their hard work organising the event and the runs etc. We must also say thanks to those that attended and made it a great success. What a turn out for a first time event. We loved the format.. Saturday night went so quickly we didn't get to play any board games!

Our return journey today was eventful - we were calling into Gloucester to give Dom his new headlining which he had forgotten to take with him when Hilda suddenly cut out and refused to start - by which time I was through the traffic lights and away on a multi lane road. I managed a few turns and got back to Lesley, and quickly found a lack of spark at the plugs. Not having a spare condensor we started calling recovery when Lesley remembered I had a brand new Accusaprk iginition in the spares box. So 10 minutes later we were on our way and found Dom's garage. Yes it was a crap eBay condensor, so I will be giving the Doctor a ring to order a new quality one. This apart our return journey was uneventful - finally getting home before half three.

I'll pick out some photos a bit later. I also had a dash cam running on the runs, but that just shows us following an Imp!

Phil
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
ImpJimbo
Car Model: BS Nymph and Singer Chamois Coupe.

Post by ImpJimbo »

Thank you for your kind words. I had initial concerns about how the event was going to run when I started to get issues with the campsite. But that seemed to sorted by the time the first Imps started to arrive.

It was you all who made the event, thanks for supporting our first attempt at camping weekend. The way that everyone helped out when needed was brilliant. I will never forget how quickly you all cleared the hall when I asked if people could help tidy up. Everywhere I looked there were people putting tables and chairs away, washing up, collecting rubbish etc. Drew was even on his hands and knees with a dustpan and brush!

Thank you for your support.
James Henderson.
Peter Hurst
Car Model: singer chamois

Post by Peter Hurst »

Agree with everything said, well done James and Jason
IMG_2309small.jpg
Pods very cosy and sound proof. No not what your thinking! Lesley will explain. Can the club buy some for the national!
IMG_2319small.jpg
IMG_2318small.jpg
I expect a rise in demand for Imps in Japan judging by number of Japanese tourists taking photos!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoyBlunt
Car Model: 1966 Hillman Super Imp

Post by RoyBlunt »

Yes - a truly excellent event. Well done James & Jason.
Here's to the next one!
Roy, Dawn, & Suzy Imp011
philgsmith
Car Model: Imp - deluxe, BMW320d Touring, MGF, MGTF

Post by philgsmith »

Not forgetting to mention the effort of the Bath and Bristol AC guys and Val who made a day trip to the event on Sunday, arriving in time to come out on the run.
When you're in a hole - stop digging/too much to do, too little time
impmann
Car Model: ...er, one or two

Post by impmann »

Can only echo the comments above.

THANK YOU to James and Jason for organising a wonderful, chilled out event. Ben, Vickie and I had a great time - the Yurt was a joy!

Big thank yous to Drew for ferrying me around on Friday night and to Roger for the drive of his wonderful Stiletto.

I hope the event will run again - I'd like to be able to bring an Imp next time (grrrrrr, flippin thing).
Tim Morgan
Imps since 1987... one or two of them. ;-)
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

Could you all send any pictures you have to Grahame Pearson please.
James Henderson.
KeithR
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto, Hillman Super Imp

Post by KeithR »

We agree with all the comments, we had a great time even though we didn't have our Imp. As always we enjoyed the scenic runs and particularly the company. What a great bunch of people to spend a weekend with! Well done James and Jason. Can we look forward to another one next year?

Keith and Mary
67stiletto
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Post by 67stiletto »

Well done all,

A great weekend but you will probably have to do it every year now...... I know the hard work that goes into organising these events but it was really enjoyable, well done.

Imp028 Imp009 Imp022
gill
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Post by gill »

Imp005 Imp007 Imp011 Imp025 Imp027 Imp001 Imp023 Imp012 Imp010 Imp002 Imp004 Imp006 Imp007 Imp005 Imp003
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

The campsite would like us to return, not surprising when we booked up everything and behaved ourselves.

Some of you may know that we have plans to move to Devon soon. If I could find a similar venue in North Devon would you all go? It would be late June to fit between Dutch and National.
James Henderson.
abth
Car Model: '71 Imp, '96 Ducati 916

Post by abth »

First of all a huge thank you to James and Jason for organizing a fabulous weekend!!
We spent a mini holiday (nearly had frostbite) and completely destroyed a rear tyre.
Unable to find a proper replacement, Jason kindly offered his spare wheel to give us a safe way home.
Anita's was a beautiful and well looked after campsite. Well chosen!
It was nice to meet old friends and we enjoyed every day!!
The greatest surprise was the new £5 note (You should warn bl++dy foreigners a bit earlier :o )

Safely home now.
Thanks again.
Jaap, Annette and Trudy

Ps. Jason, your tyre will come back to you at the National :D
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Mario Andretti
Jaap ten Hoeve
'71 Imp
'96 Ducati 916
abth

Post by abth »

Some of my pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Mario Andretti
Jaap ten Hoeve
'71 Imp
'96 Ducati 916
abth

Post by abth »

abth wrote:First of all a huge thank you to James and Jason for organizing a fabulous weekend!!
We spent a mini holiday (nearly had frostbite) and completely destroyed a rear tyre.
Unable to find a proper replacement, Jason kindly offered his spare wheel to give us a safe way home.
Anita's was a beautiful and well looked after campsite. Well chosen!
It was nice to meet old friends and we enjoyed every day!!
The greatest surprise was the new £5 note (You should warn bl++dy foreigners a bit earlier :o )

Safely home now.
Thanks again.
Jaap, Annette and Trudy

Ps. Jason, your tyre will come back to you at the National :D

Sorry James, I mixed you and Jason!!

Jaap
Jaap ten Hoeve
'71 Imp
'96 Ducati 916
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

Sounds like fun! :D Well done!

I'd be happy to attend an event down in Devon. Imp005 Imp011 Imp003 Imp009

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
impmann
Car Model: ...er, one or two

Post by impmann »

I've said it on FB, but if you are doing one in the Civilised World, sorry... I mean Devon, it may surprise you that I'd be very keen to go. :wink:
Tim Morgan
Imps since 1987... one or two of them. ;-)
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Post by SimonBenoy »

Splendid event, many thanks to all who helped or offered help when I was short of coolant. Superb weekend, we had a great time, the runs were on lovely quiet roads and a good length, the format worked really well and the campsite came good, the pod was ideal and the cake up to the usual standard. Thanks James & Jason (Devon sounds good!)
Cartermotor
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Post by Cartermotor »

I'd just like to add a huge thanks to James and Jason for a wonderful weekend, to the campsite, despite their reluctance to actually book anybody in, the place was great, well maintained, clean and cosy. The trip to the PCT was fantastic and really nice to see two Imps competing and the clerk of the course dashing between hills in another one, took me back to the Classic MCC trials in the 80's when there were many Imp drivers competing.
Jemma and Nigel weeks (the fortnights) were clearly stars and were the first car to clear one of the hills and had, by the end of the day cleared every one of them so there is life in the old girls yet and the FWDs never stood a chance against them and even trials specials had a job keeping up. Ace stuff.
I'd be happy to do the next Full English in Devon, it's not far and Imps are for driving after all, so leave the trailers at home and get there by Imp power (OK BMW power if you must)
Regards Roger
Regards

Roger
RoyBlunt
Car Model: 1966 Hillman Super Imp

Post by RoyBlunt »

A trip to North Devon sounds good to us. We'd also be happy to go back to Banbury (& Anita's) if that doesn't work out -still plenty of good Imping roads around that area.
Roy & Dawn Imp011
smogland imper
Car Model: MKII SINGER CHAMOIS - FRED

Post by smogland imper »

Just to echo everyone's comments, a well organised event by James & Jason, a lovely camp site, it was great to catch up with everyone, unfortunately due to Julie's accident less than 4 hours after we arrived on the Friday we missed the scenic runs spending a large part of Saturday in Banbury Hospital instead , and with a four hour drive home we left early Sunday as Julie was in so much pain and discomfort , the dangers of camping!,

Thanks again

regards Alan
PGR309N IMP DELUXE
LCU390P IMP CALEDONIAN.
MXG974L MODIFIED IMP DELUXE
NAE804F SINGER CHAMOIS SPORT
FFR924D MKII SINGER CHAMOIS FRED.
The Nun
Car Model: Imp

Post by The Nun »

Ooops! Reminds me of the time my girlfriend said you can twist my arm all you like we are NOT spending the weekend in a tent! :?
Peter Nunn...ey im member 00033