Newby Hall Show 19 July 2015

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events
Colin Valentine
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: BS Nymph, Sunbeam Stiletto, Rally Imp

Newby Hall Show 19 July 2015

Post by Colin Valentine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:38 am

Newby Hall Classic Car Show is on Sunday 19 July.

The combined York ,Barnsley, Teesside & Northumberland AC's get together to organise.
This year I have taken the lead as Alan Platten is rumoured to be "a bit busy" with National.
We had a double figure entry last year, and are hoping for better this year.

So, if anyoe outside the Area would like to join us, then:

- request an Entry Form from:
Harry Fletcher, "Nyora" Dale Road, Shildon, Co Durham DL4 2LB
Tel 0777 842 9838
email: laurenm20042002@yahoo.co.uk
- Entry is £4, but as money goes to Charity, put a fiver in the envelope to make things simpler for Harry.
- Make sure that on the Entry Form you put THE IMP CLUB in the Club Box
- Then I can pick up the names/numbers from the Entry List. No need to notify me beforehand.
- Entries close on 24 June, and NO Late Entries
- I'm aiming to have my Puck on Site as the Hospitality Unit, with an awning to give cover for too much sun or rain.
- It will also be serving teas/coffees, but bring your own chairs.
- There are over 1500 vehicles on show, but as you enter via the Competitors Entrance we are usually on the RHS behind a large Tree.
- So it is easy to find, only a couple of hundred yards after the Marshal Check Point. Any tow cars can be left here, in the field.
- The Autojumble is on the LHS at the same point, but there are several more fields of cars, so don't miss us.

Mr Sozanski has already been notified, to get Club Insurance Cover, so I think all is in hand.
I was surprised how simple the organising has been, after the "issues" last year.
I wonder what I have missed ??

Hope to see of you there.
If you are coming some distance there is overnight camping/caravanning somewhere on site.

Colin Valentine
YORK ACO
Colin Valentine
Car Model: BS Nymph, Sunbeam Stiletto, Rally Imp

Re: Newby Hall Show 19 July 2015

Post by Colin Valentine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 pm

By way of a PS:

Newby Hall Show is easily the largest Classic Vehicle Show in Yorkshire, with around 1500 vehicles on Show.
It aims to attract large numbers of the general Public who pay to visit.

This is very different to the Sunday Concours at National, which is essentially a Closed to Club, Members Only affair.
Think of Newby, as more like the Stand at the NEC.
Which is more of a recruitment exercise.

So please be around your car, or the Stand, at least some of the time.
Yes, I know the Autojumble is like a magnet.......and I'm bound to have a visit there myself sometime during the day.

I'd appreciate if Members could make an effort to have some of the "back story" about your own car, to make it of interest to the visiting general public.
I will be putting up the Club Signs, and having some Club Handouts available for anyone interested in joining the Club etc.

We're one of the smaller Clubs, so let's try to raise our profile at bit.

Colin Valentine YORK ACO
keanej
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super

Re: Newby Hall Show 19 July 2015

Post by keanej » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:12 pm

Tempting, not to far over the border and fits my criteria of going to shows in new areas as I get to see different cars
John
Rover P4 + P6
Imp Super
Saab 99L
Sandbach, Cheshire