AUTOSPORT SHOW NEC 10-13 Jan

News /Chat about forthcoming Imp Club events and other non Club events
Colin Valentine
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: BS Nymph, Sunbeam Stiletto, Rally Imp

AUTOSPORT SHOW NEC 10-13 Jan

Post by Colin Valentine » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Having connected with Charlottes post about the IMP being featured at HRCR Open Day at Gaydon on Sat 12 Jan, I have now realised that this is the same weekend as the AUTOSPORT Show at the NEC. Thurs 10-Sun 13.
I find it a rather expensive Event, as are most things at the NEC, but it is pretty special, as it has all the top Teams and people involved with Motor Sport., right up to the F1 stuff. it is not very Grass Roots event, so you are not liely to see any IMPs..
But I thought it was worth a mention as some people may be able to make a weekend of it and do the NEC & the HRCR/Gaydon Events.
I'm hoping to get a Ticket for the Watkins Lecture on FIA Safety on the Friday.
Colin Valentine
IMP Club Comp Secy
Charlotte
Car Model: Singer Chamois 69 Hillman Imp Super 67

Re: AUTOSPORT SHOW NEC 10-13 Jan

Post by Charlotte » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm

I'd really like to go to this but with my shifts I could only go on the 12th, and I'm going to the HRCR event instead.

Shame its trade only on 10th/11th :(

£31 a ticket tho :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sammy the Chamois 1969 - WYU 913H
Colin Valentine

Post by Colin Valentine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

They like to keep the "rif raff" out on Thurs/Fri, but in previous years MSA Comp Licence holder have been accepted as "Trade".
So you need get a friend with a Comp Licence to buy you a ticket.
Colin V
TJB69
Car Model: Bevan recreation/imp Super/Imp Van/Commer Van

Post by TJB69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Bevan imp is going on the HSCC stand

They are displaying touring cars from different eras

Should be great show :)
Tom Blackwood
apeximp
Car Model: .

Post by apeximp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Hope to get in on the fri (if I can blag my way in with my comp licence) and hope too see you again Tom !

Jim
Colin Valentine

Post by Colin Valentine » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Word of warning, maybe i wasn't clear.
Thursday & Friday are designated TRADE DAYS. Comp Lic Holders are accepted as Trade, but you still have to buy a ticket at around £25 and pay for parking at £8 last time I went. So it's not cheap. I now have a ticket for the Sid Watkins Lecture and am trying to organise the accomodation. parking and a ticket.
Colin Valentine
apeximp
Car Model: .

Post by apeximp » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 am

With a msa discount my ticket was £21 and even though I am a competion licence holder I had to blag my way thro with my conections in the motor trade (work for mercedes-benz) in order to obtain a ticket for the Friday !
Would much rather come up then and get some bits and bobs for my NEW race car with less pushing and shoving that is normaly associated with the normal weekend public days ?
Jim
Impecunious
Car Model: Clan Crusader Singer Chamois Sport Audi A4 Quattro

Post by Impecunious » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 pm

The Autosport Show admission fees are becoming more than a joke. I used to manage a Thursday freebie every other year on average with various customer/exhibitor complimentaries but they have clamped down on them so much now it's very hard to get anything. A firm spending a fortune on exhibiting at the show still has to pay a packet for a very limited number of complimentaries - ask Mike Quaife :?

I didn't mind having to pay the other years when it was £10 to £15 a ticket (still in the top 5% of fee paying NEC shows even then).

I had a frank exchange of correspondence with the powers-that-be regarding trade ticket pricing when they hit £20 a ticket, especially with the trade tickets costing the same as the Billy Bunter tickets. I'm sure you can imagine the list of patronising platitudes trotted out; they think they have a captive market and will charge what they think they can get away with :evil: .

I still get endless 'fast track' application emails and my own barcode every year to the show I 'cannot afford to miss' :lol:

I've not been for about 4 years and probably won't go again if I need a mortgage for a ticket :roll:

Dave W.

Clan003