WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2011

GURNSIMPS
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: IMP SUPER//TRANSIT

WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2011

Post by GURNSIMPS »

Dates for this Years end of Season party are 23rd-26th September 2011,lets hope the Weather is kind to us again this Years!!
As in previous Years,chill out Friday,scenic run,quiz and famous raffle Saturday,Judging/Trophies and possible run out Sunday.
Venue is http://www.therisingsunpandy.com/
Can I have a 'show' of hands if you are attending this Year please.
I look forward to seeing all the regulars but lets have a few of You new Guys/Gals as well?
Loving Imps since 1963!!
Richard Claydon
Car Model: 65 Ex Works Rally Car

Re: WICKED WELSH WEEKEND 2011

Post by Richard Claydon »

Ok these have just arrived and we're happy to take pre orders. All at a cost of £12 collected at the WWW

Very limited - we've only had 35 done!!

Limited ladies and kids sizes

First a rather nice young lady sports a tasty Tee!!

Closely persued by an escaped convict also wearing a very exclusive number!!

As I said very limited and only for collection at WWW

PM me if you want one but be quick!!

Cheers

Rich & Karen
Richard Claydon

67 Chamois Sport
66 Imp Deluxe
65 Works Rally Car
Charlotte
Car Model: Singer Chamois 69 Hillman Imp Super 67

Post by Charlotte »

Huge thanks to everyone, despite coming home on the back of a FlatBed AA Truck I had a wonderful time. So many laughs, brilliant people, the pub was super - loads of veggie options to eat, no complaints whatsoever from me. Sammy enjoyed himself on the run and the whole weekend was just FAB! Roll on next year!

btw: Many thanks to all those who came over and helped me, esp Si & Tim Morgan, those who pushed my car back into the car park, Baz for the trolley jack, Aled for checking the van, Neil for checking at home for parts, UncleMalcolm for the donuts, and for all those who came up and gave me / Sammy sympathy. Anyone else I have forgotten I apologise but to you all, a huge huge thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sammy the Chamois 1969 - WYU 913H
stuartrf
Car Model: singer chamois mk 2 singer chamois mk1
Location: swanley, high brooms, tonbridge, hildenbrough,hadlow

Post by stuartrf »

this was proabibly the best 8 mins of the sat run lol sorry about the poor video quality
child: 'why do you wear a full face helmet on your bike'
me: to protect my head, cause thats where the happy thoughts are made
aled
Club Member: No
Car Model: 64 imp, imp super(5),husky(2),65 chammy,82 celica.

Post by aled »

a couple of vids here - more to come.

TOO MANY IMPS - SO LITTLE TIME.
GURNSIMPS
Car Model: IMP SUPER//TRANSIT

Post by GURNSIMPS »

Thanks for the kind words guys,the run we did is the one I wanted to do on the very first Wicked Welsh all those Years ago so it has taken 12 years for me to take a chance on it,I thought it might be too far.
A good start to the weekend for me,Tina phoned me when I was up the Rising sun to tell me that the postman had reversed into our imp!! not too much damage though just bent the bumper,smashed the light and fitting,smashed the rear reflector and put a crease in the rear wing!!! :twisted:
A good turnout up the Rising Sun on the Friday,great to see all our old friends and a few new ones too.
The saturday run was enjoyable,the bucking sheep in Llandovery was too tempting to miss,46 secounds was my best time so I am throwing down the gauntlet for next Year to see if any of you can beat it?? :lol:
Thanks to you all for making Phil and Lesley feel so welcome even though they knew no one and didn't have an imp with them they had a good time. :wink:
I always enjoy the stop at the pub after the run but I think I had better leave the organic cider alone next Year! I couldn't buy a pint of it because they only sell it in half pints so I got 2 halfs and a pint glass! :lol:
It was great to see Baz'z vids of the singing :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not going to mention the wait for food because I have realised that in a way it was my fault for keeping you all out so long that we all got back wanting food which made it worse than last Year! Not the end of the world though eh?
Sunday was a bit of a washout so I wrapped it up early after the trophies had been awarded,Tina's idea to give the best effort trophy to Matt and Tracey was a good one I think.
I have a few pics off uncle Malc which I will now try and load.......
See you all next Year,before I go....anyone writing into Impressions would be good?? :)
I was joking about the Christmas do......no time....... :lol: :lol:
Loving Imps since 1963!!