bks974c
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: all the above

Imp Ecosse 2011

Post by bks974c »

Imp Ecosse 2011
Sauchope Caravan Park, Crail, East Neuk of Fife 15th-17th April 2011
Andy Harker. Alloa

First let me say what a cracker of a weekend Mike and Fran Scott and their team organised on Royal Deeside for Imp Ecosse 2010, as reported in July’s Impressions. It’ll take a bit of living up to but we plan to try with Imp Ecosse 2011. We are giving plenty of notice so we can hopefully avoid any clashes with other events and to give you time to book your holidays and save your pennies. We have chosen Crail in the East Neuk of Fife to base the 2011 event. It’s a great place to unwind with its quaint fishing villages set along the northern edge of the Forth estuary. It is also a very short ten minute drive away from St. Andrews, the home of Golf for those that may be interested in such recreation.

Check out http://www.eastneukwide.co.uk/tourist/

Sauchope Links Caravan Park is to be the venue. Situated right on the seafront this family run site won best site in Britain in 1996.

Visit http://www.caravan-leisure-park.co.uk/m ... otland.htm

We have negotiated some really excellent discounts with the management. The site has 6 Hobbit Houses (micro lodges) which sleep 4 (one double and two singles), these are available at £80 (including telly and heating) for the three nights. After speaking to some of the occupants this weekend they rated them highly if a little basic.

There are also 6 residential vans for hire. Three of these are two- bedroomed (one double, one twin) and sleeps four. These are available for £150 for the three nights. The other three are three-bedroomed and sleep six (one double and two twin) and are available for £170 for the three nights. On top of these the site has 3 privately owned ‘vans which are two bedroomed again sleeping four and these are also available for £150 for the three nights. All the residentials are less than 5 years old and of a high standard.

For those touring or camping we have secured a ¾ acre serviced site which is directly in front of the Hobbits and adjacent to the six site owned residential. This will mean we will all have our own privacy but be within shouting distance of each other for a more social event. For caravans and camper vans the three night rate is £48 if booked and paid in advance and £60 for three nights at the event. For tents (no bigger than a four-person dome, site rules) the cost will be £27 booked and paid in advance and £33 for three nights at the event.

Bookings for the Hobbits and residential vans must be done directly with Sauchope Links on (01333) 450460. Quote Imp Club and membership number when booking. They require a 25% deposit to secure with the balance payable by the 1st February. Bookings for the touring and camp pitches can be done through myself on (01259) 723413.

We have also negotiated a discounted rate at the Balcomie Links Hotel which is no more than a ten- minute walk from the site. The Hotel is situated directly opposite the private road leading to the caravan site. We will be using the hotel as the meeting
venue on the Friday and Saturday and the meal for those staying on the Sunday night.
It also provides meals throughout the day.

Check it out at http://www.balcomie.co.uk

Rooms are available at £75 per night B+B for a double or twin room and £110 per night for a family room (double and bunks). This discounted price can be booked directly with the hotel on (01333) 450237, quoting the Imp Club. A £20 non- refundable deposit is required on booking.

There is a weekend registration fee of £3 per head (children free) to cover the cost of soup or coffee on arrival and stovies, chilli/cheesy potatoes as a late supper on Saturday night. All of this will be available in the campers kitchen, which is available for our use all weekend. This has 2 hobs, microwave, kettle and toaster and hot water for a £1 charge, coin operated.

Provision plans are for the Saturday run to end in St. Andrews late lunchtime giving everyone the chance to enjoy the sights and shops of the East Neuk before returning to the site at their leisure. On Sunday morning there will be an Easter egg hunt for the youngsters and those still young at heart! The Sunday run has still to be arranged, but a motor sport event is being planned so watch this space! More details from Alan Barron as they happen.

We look forward to seeing you, old friends and new, and will keep you informed as things develop. Scott Clements will keep you all up to speed on the forum.

Come and relax and enjoy the tranquil setting of Crail and the East Neuk.

All the best
Andy Harker
Last edited by bks974c on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpJimbo
Car Model: BS Nymph and Singer Chamois Coupe.

Re: Imp Ecosse 2011

Post by ImpJimbo »

Looking forward to it. Caravan already booked.
James Henderson.
impstress2003
Car Model: Various Hillman Imps

Post by impstress2003 »

Hi,

This might be a daft question but for three nights camping does that mean it's a four day event arrive Friday and leave Monday, or is it still just two nights (leaving Sunday)? I'd assume two nights but the note above says three.

Can we have a fire again this year please please please?

No complaints about last year in any way, but I really missed the fire, it's a good focal point when the bar closes.

See you there.

S
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi

Yes, 3 nights if you wish. As far as I'm aware it always has been, some set off for home on the Sunday but more every year stay over and have a meal on the Sunday night (optional).

We are pushing on with the plans and are visiting the site on Sunday, will update shortly. If you've not booked yet better get a move on as time running out.

Will ask about fire and ley you know.

Scott
traco

Post by traco »

I've been meaning to do this event for some time, hopefully booking it tomorrow :D
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Hi,
Just a final update for Imp Ecosse 2011. Unfortunately all on site accommodation has now been booked but there is still plenty of camping, caravan or motorhome pitches available all with electric hook-ups these can be booked through ourselves.

We have managed to secure Crail town hall for the weekend and for the evening entertainment though this means it will be a bring your own booze event. The town hall is a short walk from the site but transport to and from the site can be provided for those who need it.
The event is still following the usual format, however on the way home from the Saturday run there will be a grass autotest, organised by Scott Clements and Alan Barron (just outside St Andrews) at a cost of £10/ entry. The evening quiz will be followed by The IMP Factor so come prepared with your party piece, who knows you may win the superb trophy!! For the kids on Sunday there will be an Easter egg hunt!
Finally for those wishing to stay on the Sunday we will be having an evening meal at the Golf hotel costing £15/head. (The Balcomie hotel was beyond our means) you will be able to book this at rally control up till Saturday evening. Finally we look forward to seeing old friends and new - Have a safe journey.

Andy Harker
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

Sounds great. Looking forward to it. Roughly how far is the walk to the town hall?
James Henderson.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

[quote="ImpJimbo"]Sounds great. Looking forward to it. Roughly how far is the walk to the town hall?[/quote]

I'd say 10 mins, but Andy plans to offer a lift up and down for those unable to walk that distance.

Scott
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

Cheers for the quick reply. Not far then. We will not be bringing an Imp. Three of us in one modern so if anyone has spare Imp seats on the run it would be appreciated.
James Henderson.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

We have been informed that one of the bookings for the Micro Lodges has been cancelled. If anyone still looking for accomodation contact the site direct.
Details for Sauchope can be found in the original posting or Impressions.

Still plenty of camping and caravaning with hook-ups if required, contact Andy Harker.

Regs for the Autotest will be available shortly.

Scott
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Autotest Regs and entry form now available

Regs
pdf file: The Imp Club.pdf

Entry Forms
pdf file: Imp Ecosse Autotest Entry Form.pdf

Any questions pm me.

Scott
Last edited by bks974c on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ditherydod
Club Member: No
Car Model: chamois

Post by ditherydod »

im new to imps can anyone give me info on imp ecosse 2011 as im planning going with chamois from aberdeenshire?anyone from this area going?
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

[quote="ditherydod"]im new to imps can anyone give me info on imp ecosse 2011 as im planning going with chamois from aberdeenshire?anyone from this area going?[/quote]

Hi

All the info you need is in the first post, any specific questions ask away.

There are several members from your area that will be there, get yourself along to the Aberdeen meeting and say hi.

Scott
ditherydod

Post by ditherydod »

hi,can anyone give me correct email address to book chamois in to ecosse at crail?
ditherydod

Post by ditherydod »

andy can you email me at morag_29@hotmail.co.uk as we tried to email you and it wont go through.meetings in aberdeen are hard for me due to work times.i need to book car and caravan if poss thanks
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

[quote="ditherydod"]andy can you email me at morag_29@hotmail.co.uk as we tried to email you and it wont go through.meetings in aberdeen are hard for me due to work times.i need to book car and caravan if poss thanks[/quote]

Andy doesn't really do the computer thing, his contact details can be found at the start of this topic, give him a phone to book a pitch for the caravan.

Still plenty of camping/caravan pitches wich electric hook up but book them soon to guarantee one.

Scott
andy
Car Model: Imp, Husky, AA Van

Room in Caravan may be available

Post by andy »

Hi all

A bit last minute but looks like we may have a room free in the caravan i booked for Ecosse this year any one interested split the costs

drop me a pm

cheers

Andy
www.imps.me.uk
64 Hillman Imp, 65 AA Commer Van , 69 Deluxe (for sale), 71 Hillman Husky.
www.andysmith.me.uk
Lotus-e-Clan
Car Model: 75Clan 1040BVSSH GB72 mapped ign DHLAs -Waterless!

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

c
Last edited by Lotus-e-Clan on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
74 Clan Crusader 1040 Red 190 bhp/ton
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Lotus-e-Clan wrote:
bks974c wrote:
ditherydod wrote:andy can you email me at morag_29@hotmail.co.uk as we tried to email you and it wont go through.meetings in aberdeen are hard for me due to work times.i need to book car and caravan if poss thanks
Andy doesn't really do the computer thing, his contact details can be found at the start of this topic, give him a phone to book a pitch for the caravan.

Still plenty of camping/caravan pitches wich electric hook up but book them soon to guarantee one.

Scott
Talking about computer things Scott....why do "quotes" in your posts often appear with raw code instead of the graphical quote box as it should?

Strange thing is ...when I quote your quote it appears correctly! :lol: :?
Peter

No idea but have wondered the same thing :?

Scott
Lotus-e-Clan
Car Model: 75Clan 1040BVSSH GB72 mapped ign DHLAs -Waterless!

Post by Lotus-e-Clan »

"
Last edited by Lotus-e-Clan on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
74 Clan Crusader 1040 Red 190 bhp/ton
gill
Car Model: Hillman Imp Super, BS Nymph, Siva Llama

Post by gill »

Sorry we won't be able to join you this time - still convalescent and it's just too far to cope with. :(
Hope you all have a great weekend. :D
Gill & John
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

Its a shame that you cant make Ecosse Gill.

Who will be going? We will be there Friday till Monday.
James Henderson.
andy

Post by andy »

Dom and I will be up there Friday through to Monday looking forward to it :D :P :D :P

Still got a twin room available in our caravan if anyone interested

cheers

Andy
www.imps.me.uk
www.andysmith.me.uk
traco

Post by traco »

Due to an exhaust problem on the Husky I will have to come up in the relatively modern (17 year old ) Jag, hope this is o.k

Graham
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

traco wrote:Due to an exhaust problem on the Husky I will have to come up in the relatively modern (17 year old ) Jag, hope this is o.k

Graham
Graham

Absolutely no problem, safe journey, see you at the weekend.

Scott
traco

Post by traco »

Sadly I now have some work issues to deal with so I won't be at Imp Ecosse at least I'll get some time to work on the Husky, hope you all have a good time.

Graham
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

traco wrote:Sadly I now have some work issues to deal with so I won't be at Imp Ecosse at least I'll get some time to work on the Husky, hope you all have a good time.

Graham

Bummer :(
ImpJimbo

Post by ImpJimbo »

Fantastic weekend and what a campsite. Amazing. The whole weekend was perfect. Well done and thank you to everyone involved.
James Henderson.
bks974c

Post by bks974c »

Autotest results

Car No. Class Reg Driver Test 1a Test1b Test2a Test2b Test3a Test3b Test4a Test4b Total Position
1 2 LRM131P Hugh Liddle 95 53 64 63 62 98 71 63 569 2nd
2 2 VTW307P Alan Farqharson 56 55 66 64 65 66 67 69 508 1st
3 1 YAB697G Andy Smith 56 53 66 63 65 64 65 60 492 1st
4 1 MJT559J Mark Harker 95 52 68 63 RET RET RET RET RET RET
5 1 ONP985E Nikki Butts 62 58 72 72 74 72 71 67 548 4th
6 1 ONP985E Simon Creasey 59 61 82 RET RET RET RET RET RET RET
7 1 OXJ665H Barry Kelly 58 56 72 99 70 68 68 68 559 6th
8 1 OXJ665H Luke Kelly 67 57 70 68 71 85 67 65 550 5th
9 1 XHS192 Alan Ramsay 59 56 68 62 64 63 64 62 498 2nd
10 1 DSU353G Scott Fanning 55 52 60 59 102 58 60 60 506 3rd

X=Wrong test penalty

Scott
Hugh L
Car Model: Imp Deluxe, Imp Van

Post by Hugh L »

Fabulous weekend!

Many thanks to Andy, Scott, Alan and everybody else for all their hard work.

I'm away to get all the autotest dust off now!

Hugh
andy

Re: Imp Ecosse 2011 with picture link

Post by andy »

What a fantastic weekend :D

Great fun, fantastic company and in fact the only let down was the weather ......

no snow, :(
no horizontal rain, :(
no gales, :(
not even a bit of freezing fog, :(
just boring old sun and clear blue skies. 8) remember to pack shorts and sun tan cream next year :lol:

A big thanks to all the team looking forward to next year already

http://www.imps.me.uk/Shows%20and%20Tri ... 02011.html

Andy and Dom
www.imps.me.uk
www.andysmith.me.uk
Ingliston
Car Model: On waiting list for new Imp TwinAir

Post by Ingliston »

Here's a t-shirt design for you. 8)

Contact: prestonsofpeebles@gmail.com (he has the artwork and will do one-offs) Can't remember the guy's name, sorry.

impmann
Car Model: ...er, one or two

Post by impmann »

Thanks to all that organised the event - superb. Wonderful. Can't think of enough superlatives. I really wanted to take the caravan/cabin home as it was *DEFINITELY* nicer than my house! And as for the view... lets just say, nice water feature. 8)

Thanks to Andy and Dom for the lift on the Scenic Run on Saturday - and congrats on the Autotest.

And big thanks to James and Jason for driving, the caravan and the most excellent company.

I think Vick is a bit sorry that she didn't persuade her friend to meet her in Scotland, rather than London...
Tim Morgan
Imps since 1987... one or two of them. ;-)
kilty
Car Model: Imps

Post by kilty »

On the back of the Blue Imp-DSU, am i right that it says `Rebuilt In Duntocher` on the crossmember? Magic! Another question, where is that petrol station near the end of your fotos, I recognise that place.

Drew
Drew Aitchison. Messing about in Imps since 1967!
itsshelby
Car Model: imp californian,imp estate

Post by itsshelby »

Regarding the sticker on rear of dsu 353g (rebuilt in duntocher) car belongs to scott fanning who funnily enough lives in duntocher nice touch !
andy

Post by andy »

Hi Drew

The petrol station was in St Andrews not sure exactly which road though just followed

We did take over the place a bit :D

Andy
www.imps.me.uk
www.andysmith.me.uk
Fifeimpman
Car Model: 1964 Hillman Imp De Luxe

Post by Fifeimpman »

Hi Drew, petrol station in St Andrews is the West Port Garage. Used to be owned by the Methven family which used to be the Rootes garage once upon a time! Cheers Alan
Jim 'Saltire' Fraser
Car Model: '67 Singer Chamois Coupe

Post by Jim 'Saltire' Fraser »

Just to echo the well deserved thanks to all involved in putting on this year's Imp Ecosse, having been involved in running this event for many years I appreciate how much effort goes into staging it! I'm enjoying sitting back and relaxing a bit more these days.
My apologies that my Imp Van didn't make it back from the scenic run on Saturday, it seemed to like Auchtermuchty so much, it stayed there all night! Thanks to Keith Evans for rescuing my passengers and Vince & Martin for trying to get me up and running again. It's back home now but it's mysterious running fault is prooving hard to find, I'm off out this morning for round two of the diagnostic trail around the engine bay :D

Regards, Jim
If it ain't broke, you've not fiddled with it hard enough!!!

Return to “2011 Events information”