Imp Ecosse 2014

scottf
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 1 IMP SUPER 1 IMP CALEDONIAN 2 CLAN CRUSADERS

Imp Ecosse 2014

Post by scottf »

Hi there with only 4 weeks to go was wondering who is all coming to imp ecosse and what are you bringing ? i will be there in my old faithfull 1968 super imp, weather is great north of the border at moment so fingers crossed for sunshine and safe journey to everyone ! Imp003 Imp009 Clan004 Clan004
clansman
perkyimp
Club Member: No
Car Model: .

Re: Imp Ecosse 2014

Post by perkyimp »

Hi Scott,
Glad to see you are getting excited about coming up to Imp Ecosse both Fran and I are looking forward to meeting up with you. Carol and Cameron again. I was at the venue the other week and was told that the bookings for the site are excellent so far. Yes we have been lucky with the weather in this part of Scotland and expect it to be the same in 4 weeks time. We have our monthly meeting on Monday in Aberdeen so will ask Gordon if he has any info on attendees.
Mike
big_iain
Car Model: hillman imp deluxe

Post by big_iain »

I was planning it but I haven't booked a camp site or anywhere to stay or time off work yet.

Need to see if I can get stuff organised to go!
Gaffer
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto and an Imp project

Post by Gaffer »

Looking good at being there In WCA :D
WCA 18K
WCA 18K
the thing i'm looking forward to is the drive up. 8)
Trying to keep the faith.
gordonvan
Car Model: Hillman Imp Van

Post by gordonvan »

Numbers are looking good for Imp Ecosse so far. I have about 23 coming with wives,patrners etc. There was only one caravan left last time I checked but space for tents and motorhomes still left.You can also stay in the adjacent hotel if you want.

Please remember to let ME know if you are coming .It makes my job so much easier and i can plan for the right number.There is no registration fee. Please dont do as many did at last years National and just turn up, it only takes a quick message ,text or call to say you are coming!

Gordon Ritchie
gordon.ritchie@connons.co.uk
07798 746180
Colin Valentine
Car Model: BS Nymph, Sunbeam Stiletto, Rally Imp

Post by Colin Valentine »

Gordon,
Sorry I can't make it to Ecosse 2014. I was considering it, then Rob Immers offered me a job as navigator that weekend, as he is coming over from holland for the MAC Classic which finishes at Shelsley Walsh.
Hope all goes well, and maybe see you on the Going Dutch.
Regards,
Colin Valentine
wiskid

Post by wiskid »

Hi Scott et all,
I will be at I E and so will Mike Marsh and Titch, Alex Knox and and Jim McEwan of Clan fame. Think that's all from the Glasgow section. We were all talking about it at the last meeting, all 13 of us ( the monthly meetings are getting bigger and more Imp related). Sam might make a flying visit as could Tom if he can get the time off.

Ian Sinclair
Imp003 Clan004
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

I'd love to head up there in my Chamois. Some day... :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
TJB69
Car Model: Bevan recreation/imp Super/Imp Van/Commer Van

Post by TJB69 »

I hope to be there all going well :D
Tom Blackwood
Carlos
Car Model: Imp and Clan

Post by Carlos »

Hi Gordon
I will be there with my roadgoing Fraser, teaming up with Scott C and Alan Baron :) Imp011
bks974c
Car Model: all the above

Post by bks974c »

Is that Carlos Fandango :?:

Scott
Fifeimpman
Car Model: 1964 Hillman Imp De Luxe

Post by Fifeimpman »

Welcome to the Forum Dave.
Where have you been for the last 3 and a half years?
See you Friday.
Alan
phatbob
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Post by phatbob »

The Gaffer and I will be meeting up at Charnock Richard services M6 Northbound for 9:30 departure in convoy. Any and all are welcome to join us. We'll probably have a P&T stop at Tebay services and stop off in Moffat for lunch on the way up.
Astronomy is looking up!
Jim 'Saltire' Fraser
Car Model: '67 Singer Chamois Coupe

Post by Jim 'Saltire' Fraser »

Just back home from another great weekend at Imp Ecosse so a big thanks to Gordon and Isobel for all their hard work in organising it. Even the weather wasn't nearly as bad as the forcast suggested, on the whole, it stayed mostly dry, just a shame that the saturday morning mist spoiled the stunning scenery for our visitors from further afield.
My revamped ex Bob Hawse Paradiso folding camper towed brilliantly behind the Saltire and provided perfect accomodation for the weekend, thanks for flogging it to me last year Bob :D
Hope everyone had a safe journey back home and look forward to catching up at the National again :)

Regards, Jim
If it ain't broke, you've not fiddled with it hard enough!!!
phatbob
Car Model: Hillman Super Imp.

Post by phatbob »

Jim 'Saltire' Fraser wrote:Just back home from another great weekend at Imp Ecosse so a big thanks to Gordon and Isobel for all their hard work in organising it. Even the weather wasn't nearly as bad as the forcast suggested, on the whole, it stayed mostly dry, just a shame that the saturday morning mist spoiled the stunning scenery for our visitors from further afield.
My revamped ex Bob Hawse Paradiso folding camper towed brilliantly behind the Saltire and provided perfect accomodation for the weekend, thanks for flogging it to me last year Bob :D
Hope everyone had a safe journey back home and look forward to catching up at the National again :)

Regards, Jim
Ditto, thanks to the organising team. :)
Jim, thank Henk for finding me the replacement Paradiso, so I could part with the old one. 8)
Astronomy is looking up!
G15S998
Car Model: Ginetta G15S now sold, Singer Chamois in progress

Post by G15S998 »

Carlos Fandango :?:

Couldn't resist :lol:
impstress2003
Car Model: Various Hillman Imps

Post by impstress2003 »

We made it home around 1:45 am Sunday night/Monday morning after setting off at about 12:45pm from the campsite.

The gearbox held up after displaying all manner of faults intermittently... on the way up 3rd gear was refusing to go in at all when coming off motorways/dual carriageways, we had no second gear synchro when we set off, and it was hissing loudly... the hiss disappeared intermittently during the trip, second gear synchro sorted itself out and then it started jumping out of second instead...! Never mind, we had a great trip and much thanks to the organisers for an excellent event (special mention for the "Stovies" which were excellent!!).

Now to sort out the oil consumption - in just over 1100 miles we used about 7 pints. That's less than I thought it was but still pretty bad!

Cheers
Si
wiskid

Post by wiskid »

Must concur with all other posts, it was a great weekend and the rollercoaster ride to and from the Leicht was super in an Imp and we beat the Subaru's to the top. many thanks to Gordon & Isobel and everyone who helped over the event. Roll on the next one.

Ian
RGWM
Car Model: Singer Chamois, Hillman Husky

Post by RGWM »

Another thanks to the organisers and indeed to everybody for the warm welcome to us Lancastrians. Thanks also to Mike Marsh for letting me have a couple of blasts in his Chamois Le Jog car........I'd forgotten just how much fun a well-tweaked tho largely standard car can be on the twisties......and some of the straights! :lol:

Congrats to all our table on the Saturday night quiz - Alex's choice of the team name "the winners" was prophetic - both in the quiz and in the raffle (as Ian and myself had a good run) - and of course the winning continued the next morning with our table providing the winning cars in each of the Hillman, Singer and Sunbeam classes of the judging :D (Even if some of the car's owners were reputedly a little more fragile than their cars on Sunday morning.....)

All in all, a great weekend that I'm very glad to have been invited to attend - the sight on Saturday morning, as the mist lifted and we (running in Mike's modern at the back of the convoy) could see 20-odd Imps snaking ahead of us over the moorland roads was really uplifting!

I think we may be back ;)
Richard Murtha, Pennine Area Centre Organiser - Husky to be restored!

Return to “2014 Events information”