Page 1 of 1

Competition Insurance

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:13 pm
by Colin Foster (heaps)
How much do people pay for sprinting etc insurance? I only intend to do two or three sprints a season so dont need the full package as it were. Does anyone do insurance by/per event and who do you use

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:48 pm
by benwick3
I'm ready to be proved wrong but I think you'll find that very few people have insurance to cover sprinting. Cover will be available but unlikely to be cost effective.

Pete Richards

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:11 pm
by rcarr
My Dad and I don't have it for circuit racing. It was the equivalent to paying the price of the car each season. Its not worth it. We say, if we stuff it, we will pay for the damage to get it fixed.

My Dad has health insurance to cover him in case he gets injured but nothing else.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:15 am
by moose
if you find someone to cover you for competition please add it to the forum i have looked for years and been unsuccesful when i compete on rallys i use lockton insurance that is provided by the MSA but this only covers me for damaging anyone or anything whilst on the road sections. My own insurance is through Graham Sykes this is basically to insure the car in the garage at home and the odd trip to fill up with petrol bfeore putting it on the trailer to go to an event. I have informed them of all the mods (which when mentioned to other insurance companies usually makes the laugh) I have a high price for total loss but not an agreed value as such so if it burnt out i would recive more than bottom book for a 66 imp but not what the car would cost to replace completley.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:17 am
by onomatopoeia
I don't know anyone that insures their car while sprinting. The permit give 3rd party cover, ie if you go through a fence it will pay for the fence to be replaced.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:30 am
by benwick3
For details of companies providing insurance check out the Motor Sports Directory in the back of the current MSA Bluebook. Of those listed, Competition Car Insurance (01159 4152550), David Auden Insurance Brokers (0161 440 7590) list on event coverage. Heritage Insurance (08453 389986) list agreed value, rally cover and free club organised track day cover along with discounted cover for non-club track days, timed rallies and hill climbs for classics.

It's out there and available just needs some investigation. However, having raced with people who have had insurance I confirm that it's not cheap and definately out of my range.

Pete Richards

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm
by Colin Foster (heaps)
Thanks for all your answers, I was quoted £220 for 6 months from motorsport race and rally services which I would have swallowed if I want to do a lot of sprints but I only really want to do 2 or 3 this season If I get there.
all the best

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:28 pm
by Jiminicooper
I use David Auden & Associates (speak to Jayne Auden and tell her Dave Benson sent you)...
Paying £250ish for 12 months insurance for full rally car on the road...

You do not need to have a specific insurance for whilst competing but they can sort it out if you wish to do so...


Re: Competition Insurance

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:05 am
by moose
i have moved to Audens insurance covers the car at all times saves the £20 odd per event for MSA insurance for road sections have an agreed value and trailer cover approx £280 fully comp, this still does not cover me for loss of car due to accident on the stages.