Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
eclayson
Club Member: No
Car Model: Jomo

Jomo gears

Post by eclayson » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi All
This is a bit of a longshot but I have a rootes 1 gearbox (early imp?) in the back of a Jomo F3 and apparently it was possible to purchase / make Jomo gears with different ratios for 3rd and 4th. Has anyone made these or have a set for sale? as I'm planning on returning the vehicle to circuit racing later this year. Also does anyone have an experience with the differences in transaxle output shaft types.

Thanks
Lotus-e-Clan
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 75Clan 1040BVSSH GB72 mapped ign DHLAs -Waterless!

Re: Jomo gears

Post by Lotus-e-Clan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Dave Weedon is the the sort of Transaxle expert you should talk to. He did a close ratio 3 and 4th straight cut gear change for me. Also uprated other bits too.

There are others that can do the similar work too. If you are interested to chat with him then PM me and I'll send you some contact details. Clan004
74 Clan Crusader 1040 Red 190 bhp/ton
Members & partners who like to knit go to http://knitowl.co.uk
imporium
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Husky Singer Chamois Commer Imp Van

Re: Jomo gears

Post by imporium » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 am

eclayson wrote:Hi All
This is a bit of a longshot but I have a rootes 1 gearbox (early imp?) in the back of a Jomo F3 and apparently it was possible to purchase / make Jomo gears with different ratios for 3rd and 4th. Has anyone made these or have a set for sale? as I'm planning on returning the vehicle to circuit racing later this year. Also does anyone have an experience with the differences in transaxle output shaft types.

Thanks
Hi, I have some NEW & used close ratio gear sets here if needed ? & all else you may need ? & JK dog gears....contact me to sort out.......Malcolm 01823 350360 Imp003 Imp009 Husky003 Van001
" Keeping the Imp Alive & Kicking & Imp Club Parts support with discounted Parts Supply"
http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk