Custom rear springs

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
Post Reply
User avatar
Nez
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm
Club Member: No
Car Model: '64 Loch Blue Deluxe

Custom rear springs

Post by Nez » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 am

I am buying a set of Protech dampers which come with a choice of front springs.
Protech do not supply rear springs in the set so I am wondering where is best to buy "tailored" rear springs.
Looking for 800lb , length TBC.
Can anyone advise where they have bought anything similar.
Thanks
Imp006

edit - Here perhaps ? - http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/power.html
imporium
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:28 pm
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Husky Singer Chamois Commer Imp Van
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by imporium » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 am

Nez wrote:I am buying a set of Protech dampers which come with a choice of front springs.
Protech do not supply rear springs in the set so I am wondering where is best to buy "tailored" rear springs.
Looking for 800lb , length TBC.
Can anyone advise where they have bought anything similar.
Thanks
Imp006

edit - Here perhaps ? - http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/power.html
hi who ? did I email you last week ?? 800 lbs ones in stock here, 7 1/2" long see website malcolm :?
Last edited by imporium on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Keeping the Imp Alive & Kicking & Imp Club Parts support with discounted Parts Supply"
http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk
User avatar
mikeyhearne
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: B.S. Nymph
Location: East Sussex

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by mikeyhearne » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 am

Nez wrote:....edit - Here perhaps ? - http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/power.html
have just looked at their site , read their blurb on the "street lowering" and "off road"sections , they have a comedian working for them .( made me laugh anyway )
Mikey
nothing is IMPossible with the right attitude and a BIG hammer
User avatar
Nez
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm
Club Member: No
Car Model: '64 Loch Blue Deluxe

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by Nez » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 am

Malcolm,
No you didn't mail me. I've not discussed with anyone prior to this.
Will have a look.
Thanks

Hadn't read the blurb, Mikey. Quite amusing. :lol:
imporium
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:28 pm
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Husky Singer Chamois Commer Imp Van
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by imporium » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Nez wrote:Malcolm,
No you didn't mail me. I've not discussed with anyone prior to this.
Will have a look.
Thanks

Hadn't read the blurb, Mikey. Quite amusing. :lol:
Hi, I am told they do make the race spec rears & are £110 pair. :shock: .....manic melting malcolm 8)
" Keeping the Imp Alive & Kicking & Imp Club Parts support with discounted Parts Supply"
http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk
User avatar
Nez
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm
Club Member: No
Car Model: '64 Loch Blue Deluxe

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by Nez » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:59 am

Ooof, pricey.
I made an enquiry yesterday but have not heard back yet.

I think I ran 900lb on my black Imp but speaking with GWR he has suggested 800lb and 6-7" long with packers to suit.
So don't really think your 700lb x 7 1/2" are suitable , Malcolm.
Thanks for the pointer though.
imporium
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:28 pm
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Hillman Husky Singer Chamois Commer Imp Van
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by imporium » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 am

Nez wrote:Ooof, pricey.
I made an enquiry yesterday but have not heard back yet.

I think I ran 900lb on my black Imp but speaking with GWR he has suggested 800lb and 6-7" long with packers to suit.
So don't really think your 700lb x 7 1/2" are suitable , Malcolm.
Thanks for the pointer though.
Hi, sorry my springs are 800 lbs not 700lbs......my mistake with the my digits !!!. :oops: ...Malcolm Van001 Husky003 Imp003 Imp009
" Keeping the Imp Alive & Kicking & Imp Club Parts support with discounted Parts Supply"
http://www.malcolmanderson.co.uk
User avatar
Nez
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm
Club Member: No
Car Model: '64 Loch Blue Deluxe

Re: Custom rear springs

Post by Nez » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 am

Found them on your site, thanks.
I'll check heights.
Nice price. :)
Post Reply