2014 brighton & Hove Sprints

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
Colin Valentine
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: BS Nymph, Sunbeam Stiletto, Rally Imp

2014 brighton & Hove Sprints

Post by Colin Valentine » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm

I have been contacted by Len Wooler with info on the 2014 brighton & Hove Sprint Events.
Please contact me if anyone thinks w should be an Invited Event part of their Championship.
Colin Valentine, Comp Secy

Len's email:
Please excuse the generic email.
Below are the dates for the B&HMC sprints in 2014

The Bailey Spring Sprint at Goodwood Saturday May 17th 2014 (confirmed)
The Eagle Sprint at Goodwood Saturday 2nd August 2014 (confirmed)
The Brighton National Speed Trials Saturday 13th September 2014
(dependent upon discussions with Brighton Council)
If you are a past or new competitor wanting to take part then the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form will be available on the club website (http://www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk/) approximately two months before the events.

If you are a club and wish to become an Invited Club at the event then please inform me so that I can ensure that you are in the published Regulations. If you could also inform your club membership that they are all invited to the event and that the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form will be available on the B&HMC club website

If you wish one of these events to be part of your Championship then please inform me so that I can ensure that you are in the published Regulations. If you could also inform all your championship contenders that your championship will be running at the relevant event and that the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form will be available on the B&HMC club website
Hope to see you all at one or more of the events.
Regards
Len
Teddie2003
Car Model: Clan Crusader & Davrian Mk6

Re: 2014 brighton & Hove Sprints

Post by Teddie2003 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like the motor club at Brighton needs some help with a petition that's being submitted to the local council.

The speed trial didn't run this year, but it's one of the oldest events in UK motorsport history.

"The Speed Trials is part of Brighton’s heritage having run in the area since 1905. Thousands of people come down to the seafront for an entertaining fun-packed day out for the whole family to watch race cars and motor bikes compete along Madeira Drive.

The event has grown over the years and now even enjoys international acclaim. It has the full support and backing of the Motorsport Association and adheres to their strict rules of safety.

The end of the Speed Trials will be the end of an era for Brighton. It will have a major negative financial impact on tourism and trade in the area and mean the loss of one of the highlights on Brighton’s seafront entertainment calendar.
Please sign the petition and help keep the Speed Trials going."

So come on Imp Club members, add your name to the petition and help to hopefully keep it running for many more years.

To anyone with even an ounce of petrol in their veins please add your name to this petition to keep the Brighton Speed Trials.

http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/mgE ... D=11175561
G15S998
Car Model: Ginetta G15S now sold, Singer Chamois in progress

Post by G15S998 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm

:P Great News!!!!!! :P
Classic fans are celebrating this week after it was announced that the Brighton Speed Trials have been saved after a huge publicity campaign. The event has now been given the green light by Brighton and Hove City Council after more than 12,000 people signed a petition in support of the motorsport event. Members of the local authority's Economic Development and Culture Committee voted unanimously at a meeting on 23 January to allow the meeting to go ahead.

Thank you to everyone that signed up to help save this event. Cheers, Karl :P Ginetta003
colin rooney

Post by colin rooney » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:57 pm

That's great news

col
ImpManiac
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 pm

That is brilliant news! The Brighton Speed Trials is one of the highlights of the year for me. I am really happy it has been saved. :mrgreen: Long may it continue!

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
Colin Valentine

Post by Colin Valentine » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 pm

I've just found a book on "the Brighton Speed Trials"
If anyone is interested search for: HERO (Historic Endurance Rally Organisation)
The Book is £12.99
Colin Valentine - Comp Secy
Colin Valentine

Post by Colin Valentine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Please find below an update regarding the Brighton & Hove Speed Trials:

BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS ENTRY STILL OPEN

Entry for the 2014 Brighton National Speed Trials is still open and although the Regulations say that they close on the 16th August we will be accepting entries up until the day as we need to show the Brighton Green Council, who have made this year so difficult for us, how popular this event is.

Come and take part in the Historic motoring event on Saturday 6th September 2014.

To enter the event, please go to the Brighton & Hove Car Club website http://www.brightonandhovemotorclub.co.uk/

For more information on what you need to compete please see the Speed Trials on the Events tag

If you cannot compete this year why not come along as a spectator. We have a viewing area extending 70M past the start line this year and we will have a 21sqM LCD screen in the paddock so that you will be able to see the whole ¼ mile run