Castle Combe Rally Car Show

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
Nigel Webster (anrw)
Club Member: No
Car Model: None currently

Castle Combe Rally Car Show

Post by Nigel Webster (anrw) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Next Saturday, 21st September, is the annual Castle Combe Rally Car Show. Sadly the club decided not to formally support it with a stand but I know a number of members will be there. It is sad also that the Mike Dent (Moose) rebuilt rally car that many members have been following with interest on this forum, will not be ready in time. I saw it two weeks ago and Mike still has a bit to do! Shammy Moo however will be there (having been up with Mike for some tweeks) with me and Henry on hand. The car will be based on the HRCR stand but we will be out on the track and the rally stage. If we can get it close enough, the Friesian Racing service van (white Sprinter with a cow on it) will be geared up to make tea and coffee for Imp Club members who fancy a day out. M Sport will be bringing the Fiesta R5, Sebastien Oger will be demonstrating the strunning VW Polo WRC car, Stig Blomqvist will be out in the fire spitting Audi S1 Quattro and lots of Mini Coopers celebrating their 50th. Paddy Hopkirk will also be in attendence.

More details at http://www.rallyday.com/ or PM/mail me

Regards
Nigel Webster
Nigel Webster (anrw)
Car Model: None currently

Re: Castle Combe Rally Car Show

Post by Nigel Webster (anrw) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 am

Slight change of plan - no Sprinter but we will have the dark blue Discovery (with only small Friesian Racing cows on it)! Several members have expressed an interest in coming - look forward to seeing you there. Coffee and tea making facilities have been transferred to the Discovery.

Regards
Nigel Webster
Rod
Club Member: Yes

Post by Rod » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 am

Great day out 8) and good to meet Nigel, Henry and Mike at last! :) Thanks for the tea. :)
Imp022

Oh and I forgot to mention Shammy Moo :oops:
RallyeCallye

Member no. 8, bought first Imp 1971. Owned 7 or 8 lost count!
Bobbycham
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by Bobbycham » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Pictures taken by my son who was working on security at the Castle Combe meeting last Saturday
Bob Imp003 Imp005
I am the most responsible person around, if anything goes wrong ,"l am responsible"
Dogsbody
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Post by Dogsbody » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:24 am

I've just had club booking info for this years show from Jo and Darin the organisers.
Is there going to be a "Imp attendance" this year?

As I arrange the Ford Racing Puma's attendance at the show, I think I should take that not the Stiletto :lol:
70 Sunbeam Stiletto (again)125bhp Kawasaki Ninja power.
00 Ford Racing Puma (by Tickford) with 40 bhp of Nitrous Oxide.
81 Matra Murena 2.2