HSCC Historic Touring Car Championship

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
Mike Hanna
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: 2 ZIMPS, 2 SINGER CHAMOIS, 6 HILLMAN IMPS

HSCC Historic Touring Car Championship

Post by Mike Hanna » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:27 pm

As most of you may know by now Simon Benoy is leading this championship. I sincerely hope, Simon , that you will be racing at Croft as an Imp winning the championship in the Imp's 50th year would be very good for it and the club, better than letting a ford win it! :x I know as treasurer of the club you would want to be at the Imp National, but I am sure you could get some one to stand in for you for the 2 days at Croft. I am also sure the whole club would be behind you! :D Cheers. Mike
SimonBenoy
Car Model: 68 Stiletto, 72 G15, 67 race Imp, 3 projects

Re: HSCC Historic Touring Car Championship

Post by SimonBenoy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Ha ha - thanks Mike and I understand where you are coming from, but I made the decision to go to Perth when the HSCC announced the dates. Mind you, I didn't know then that things would be going so well! The timetable for Croft also puts me off - if both our races had been on the Saturday, then maybe I could have sorted something out and still been able to do most of Imp 50, but there is qualifying and 1 race on Saturday and the 2nd race isn't until late on Sunday.

So I never considered that I was a championship contender, this has allowed me to really enjoy my racing and to race anything that I can keep up with without having to worry about points or conserving the car.

So I'll be out next at the Gold Cup at Oulton and hopefully enjoying a circuit that I love.

Cheers - Simon
Andy Hillman
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Re: HSCC Historic Touring Car Championship

Post by Andy Hillman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh Mike, racing is fun and all that but to miss an imp national you need a note from your doctor :D