irish historic at anglesey

Information / Questions and Discussion -
Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current

irish historic at anglesey

Postby colin rooney » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

the irish historics will be racing at anglesey on 25th and 26th of june if anyone is interested in running there imp please contact me the friday the 24th is a test day and the entry for the weekend which includes the test day and 3 races is around £200 which is value for your pound when you compare it to the hscc at silverstone

i will be out with my rawlson and hope leo will have the davrian out as well

col
colin rooney

Club Member: Yes

Re: irish historic at anglesey

Postby ImpManiac » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Sadly, I am in no position to race mine at present. However, I would be interested to know what the eligability criteria look like. :D Have you got a link? Just in case I get my act together for the next visit! :lol: :roll:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
ImpManiac

Car Model: Singer Chamois

Postby benwick3 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am

Colin,

Could be interested but I'll have to check my diary. Would be nice to meet up with Leo again.

Pete Richards
Repair. Rebuild. Repeat.
benwick3

Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Postby colin rooney » Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm

If Anyone is interested in doing this meeting you can email alan on this link
Alan Kessie(alan@askracing.com)
or phone him on 00353861738437

col
colin rooney

Postby Leo Nulty » Thu May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

This should be a great race. I have not had the Imp out at all this year for a variety of reasons, mainly lack of money but things have changed a little and she is back up on the ramp. Fingers crossed, I should have a few improvements too. I can't wait to drive it again. Whether or not it is back together in time I am not sure but if not, I will definitely be there to cheer Col and the other Imps on!
alan@askracing for all further details as it says above, Alan is alos the HRCA class co-ordinator. regs are on hrca.ie but Alan is a great guy and is keen to fill grids so I am sure he would look kindly on someone racing on a one off "invitation" basis if the car did not completely conform......
998 Davrian Imp Saloon
Davrian Mk4 Modsport Racer
Leo Nulty

Car Model: Davrian Imp Saloon 998

Postby Meltdown » Thu May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Having had a quick squizz at their tech regs, and subject to any differences between Motorsport Ireland and MSA safety regs, it seems to me that the only big difference between their class 1 and HSCC is the use of grp doors (allowed in HSCC). I shan't bin my steel doors then :D
Do me a deal? Employ me for 3 days and pay me for what I'm currently being paid for 5, then I'll have time to do everything!
65 Chamois
Meltdown

Postby colin rooney » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Glass doors are ok the regs are as if the cars were racing in the uk and will be scrutineered by brscc ,if anyone wants to race its 190euro for 3 races over the weekend of 25th and 26th of june on the international circuit so 3 races 15 minutes long each all historic saloons that race here are welcome if you want to run please contact me and i will send you the link to entry form and alan,s address to which it has to be sent

col
colin rooney

Postby colin rooney » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Well so far it looks like we will have 4 imps racing ,leo in a davrian imp,mike and andy in a spaceframe davrian imp,vince in his tintop and me in the rawlson so a nice mix of cars and i heard adrian may even come out for a play

col
colin rooney

Postby colin rooney » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Time table for next weekend if anyone fancys a trip
saturday qualifying12 midday for 15 mins
race 1 17.45pm
race 2 sunday 10.10 am
race3 13.35pm

col
colin rooney

Postby Adrian » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Yup paperwork just sent off, looking forward to a fun weekend.

I ordered some Rain for the last race!

Adrian
Adrian

Car Model: Super x2 Deluxe x1 Stiletto x1 Davrian mk 6/7 x1

Postby colin rooney » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 pm

no we dont want rain in the last race that means we have to load up in the wet and thats a pain ,see you there
col
colin rooney

Postby Andy Hillman » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

no rain please,its not normal main land rain over there,it comes in at all angles and soaks you to the skin!
Also more chance of me scratcing Micky's immaculate Imp :lol:
Andy Hillman

Postby colin rooney » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:37 am

25 cars entered for the historic race which includes 5 imps

col
colin rooney

Postby speeddemon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm

if its damp im holding a party in my motorhome, everyone invited buts its a swingers partyyyy hahah, First on Meg LOL. hahahhhah. Jonesy can have mr rooney hahah, My mad sense of lancashire humour

laters :oops: :lol:
Last edited by speeddemon on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speeddemon

Club Member: No
Car Model: None

Postby colin rooney » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:30 pm

jonsey can ---- right off im staying away from you lot :lol:
colin rooney

Postby speeddemon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:53 pm

ahahahhahahaha, catch you weekendd, book some good weather in or its park up for me. LOL
speeddemon

Postby colin rooney » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm

as far as i know our tickets will be at the gate i also have a bonnet hindge for you mike

col
colin rooney

Postby Adrian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

I have noticed the paperwork says international circuit for Saturday and costal for sunday, the fun cup runs on the international.

Adrian
Adrian

Postby colin rooney » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:06 pm

will check with alan and let you know about that adrian
colin rooney

Postby Leo Nulty » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:30 pm

I am coming over Friday morning, the ASK gang are already on the way there! Really looking forward to it. A bit of rain would help us Imp boys cos some of the machines in the series are very quick on the straights but not quite so good on the twiddly bits!
Oh and just to let you know, ASK Racing's awning generally tends to turn into "Club ASK" in the late evenings, complete with proper DJ setup, disco lights, the lot so don't be shy!! 8)
998 Davrian Imp Saloon
Leo Nulty

Postby Andy Hillman » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Just got in from a fantastic irish historic weekend at anglessey, i got to drive mick,s davrian imp in the first race this morning its a bit fast for me i am not used to havin a car that goes where you point it! Anyway it was nice to meet the irish racers everyone was very friendly,the meeting had that oldschool 'clubman racer' feel to it .I will 100% be there next year. Leo drove the wheels off his imp all weekend wining race 1 outright and i think a second and a third in the other races,his car howls down the back straight the exhaust note very distinctive.
Adrian was the quickest of the steel cars,vinchento frostini was well on the pace on home ground. Colin worked hard on the car all weekend and seemed happier after his terd :D race where he managed to knock 1.5 seconds off his earlier time.
Mic Bratbury at his first ever race kept his cool moving up the field as he settled in,the car attracted lots of attention its very well turned out and i was well impressed with the shrigley engineering stickers!
look forward to this wednesday where we will be at mallory testing for the special saloon revival race in august.
Andy Hillman

Postby Adrian » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:00 am

Had a great weekend and was make very welcome by the Irish historic gang, the international circuit was stonking good drive. the journey back was another matter as some muppet had a crash on the motorway so it took 7 hours to ge back to Bristol ughh!

Really must get the Davrian sorted for next year if the same happens again, but then words are easy one day!
Adrian

Postby speeddemon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:10 am

Well what a great weekend and some great company. Thanks to Colin Roooney for getting us the forms and the info for the meeting and the irish historic boys are a great bunch of nutters hahahah.

From my point of veiw things went real great and i was more impressed in the car I have built and restored over the last year than my driving, although i managed to get into the drive and really enjoyed it.

The power unit provided by Andy At shrigley Engineering was exceptional and and when he drove the car sunday morning it made my day. Andy not saying much above strated from the back of the grid, not knowing or raced at the circuit, moved upto 7 overall and put an amazing lap time in of 145.9 just above leos time of 145.3.

His first few laps were spent working out the circuit, but as he found his driving lines he closed so many cars down it was pretty spectacular. At one point there were 2 MGB v8s and colin that far in front i thought he was never going to catch them . As he made his way around the flat out section of the circuit he must have closed over a 15 second gap to pass the 2 MGb and then colin on the next turn. I have it on camera, not that great but will upload it if possible.

Thanks also to Fatts my mate for all the help, Gem for letting Andy go hahahah and the wife whos put up with me in the garage for last year but for anyone wanting to get into the racing its worth it.

Roll on wednesday.

Car is called the AG shrigley imp now and jones its Bratby hahahahahha
speeddemon

Postby colin rooney » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks must also go to you lot for coming to race with the irish historics a great weekend ,even if i spent most of it covered in crap where i blew the clutch in qualifying after the strip down and with not enough time to go to vince's to get a new 1 we put a new release bearing and clutch plate in but had to use the old preasure plate ,got a good start only for the clutch to slip and so i done 2 laps and headed back in to go and watch the best ding dong i have seen in a long time and the outcome was to go in the imps favour my old mate leo taking a win and as he drove past us you could see from the 2 arms off the wheel that it ment a lot to him this could be the start of thing to come from Mr Nulty ,after a lot of messing around vinve and i headed for his garage where we got a new clutch and i was up at 6.45 sunday to fit it back in ,out on the grid for the 1st race sunday and i was back in 19th dropped the clutch at 7,500 and we were up and away i had a great race and could see andy in my mirrors and i then get all crossed up as i went down the back of the track which lost quiet a bit of time and by the next lap andy was big in my mirrors we had a lap together and then i got out of shape again probly down to the fact that i was trying to keep a lighter car behind and as we came out of the corner andy was gone by and no way i could catch him but i ended up in 9th place and was well happy . so the second race i was 9th on the grid and got a cracking start i even passed leo on the run into the second corner but again with his lighter car he just went away from me i also blame my dad for this as he built leo's engine i told him to hold back on the horses :lol: ,anyway i was going well and was catching the two 1480cc midgets when i missed a gear and then missed another so as i headed down the back in 4th i shifted into 5th and the lever felt weird so i tried to get into 3rd so i could at least do the next 2 laps and the linkage broke leaving me with nothing and so i pulled off shame but that racing ,and i will keep you all posted on next years event and we may even get a few more imps out

And mike the car looks fantastic and goes well

col
colin rooney

Postby speeddemon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Right on there col, i think you must be like me , non stop hahahah.

We will have to get your car over to mine in the future and get you flat out next year through that back straight. Catch you wednesday and have a safe one.

ps great to see all the imps out racing a good bunch of genuine guys
speeddemon

Postby Leo Nulty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 am

Hi all. Yeah, what a great weekend. I still can't believe I managed to win a HRCA race overall! It was a great battle with the Lotus 47 for the duration. I knew he had a ten second penalty because he jumped the start but I still wanted to cross the line ahead. I had clutch slip off the line all weekend for some reason and was sixth into the first corner despite qualifying third. Managed to get back to second and closed in on the leader.I got by a few times but lost out in a straightline. I managed to get ahead coming out of the final hairpin on the penultimate lap but he just got back ahead on the run to the last turn so on the last lap I had a look down the inside again and when he defended, I went back to the outside. This gave me a great run on the way out and I was clearly ahead on the straight. He came by, but much later than before so I was able to keep him off line until just before the braking zone. He got out of shape on the brakes and I just couldn't believe it when he went around and I took the flag! The new engine that Col's father Dan built for me is fantastic- a real screamer. I was pulling almost 9k in 5th on the back straight!! as ever, thanks to askracing.com for all the work and support.
Great to have some of you guys join us too, hopefully we can do it again soon. Think some of the Midget drivers got a bit of a shock when they saw how quick the steel bodied Imps were! :shock:
998 Davrian Imp Saloon
Leo Nulty

Postby ImpManiac » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Sounds like a fantastic race! I would love to have been there to see the battle. :D VERY well done, Mr. Nulty and ASK Racing! 8)

Leo Nulty wrote:Think some of the Midget drivers got a bit of a shock when they saw how quick the steel bodied Imps were! :shock:

Great to hear that too! :wink:

IM 8)
Paul Harrison
imp: a small demon : FIEND : a mischievous child : URCHIN
maniac: Raging with disordered intellect: affected with mania: MAD
ImpManiac

Postby colin rooney » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Leo with his car
colin rooney

Postby speeddemon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm

yes well done Leo, My mrs said you were tramping on and a great finish at the end, if its on next year and i havnt sold the car we will be there. good man

Laters

mike
speeddemon

Return to Motorsport Forum