Imps and Imp based Motorsport stuff from the olden days and current
big J
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Sunbeam Stiletto

Leo Nulty at Mondello

Post by big J » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 am

Leo's still campaigning the Davrian Imp,doing rather well too :D
Copied leo's text from Octane.ie-
Went testing the Imp on Saturday, still trying to cure the understeer problems we suffered at the last round. Caught one of the historic Lotuses, passed him and then we somehow clashed on the main straight. Big damage to the side of the Imp, fibreglass shattered, you could see into the back wheel from behind the door. Decided to park it up for the weekend and hit the beer.... Fell in at about 1am, rolled out of bed at about 11 and headed to Mondello, bottle of Lucozade Sport in the hand. As soon as I got to the garage, the guys started telling me to get suited and booted cos I was going racing! I had to leg it back across the track to the car, change into my suit, sign on, do a coupla laps and then join the back of the grid. The ASK guys had patched up the car and also re-fitted my old tyres at the front to see if that helped the understeer. Got a cracker of a start, it was like a video game on the way to the first corner passing all the slower cars. The understeer was gone and the car was razor sharp. Last time out I did 65.9 and on lap two, with loads of traffic, I did 64.9! Caught the Mini and the 3 Modsport Midgets and had a great scrap getting through them just as the rain started. The car was actually quite good in the rain and I got away from them and started catching the Lotus for 4th overall. I was almost up to him but a novice didn't see me and I had to stand on the brakes at turn two. The wiper wasn't working either so I just kept it steady to the flag. 5th overall and another class win, happy days!! Got a few pics of the car last night and it is still lifting the inside front way up in the air so the next job is to stiffen the rear and see how it goes. The car is great fun to drive and it is really enjoyable developing it as it seems really responsive to chassis changes. In short, there should be quite a bit more to come!
As ever, big thanks to the guys at http://www.askracing.com
benwick3
Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Re: Leo Nulty at Mondello

Post by benwick3 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 am

Well done to Leo and all at Ask Racing. A great bunch of lads.

Pete Richards
Repair. Rebuild. Repeat.
moose
Car Model: rally imp

Post by moose » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:23 am

Nice one Leo and ASK team, from the picture looks to me like understeer cured!!!!!!
Regards Moose
Century Autosport
cooch
Car Model: hillman imp super

Post by cooch » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Was chatting leo at Classic Car Live at Mondello on the 20th nice fella and the car looked great
Lotus-e-Clan
Car Model: 75Clan 1040BVSSH GB72 mapped ign DHLAs -Waterless!

Post by Lotus-e-Clan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:44 am

Good to hear Imp power is still competitive.

I wonder if Leo killed the Lotus or did it survive the clash?
74 Clan Crusader 1040 Red 190 bhp/ton