Imp hot rod, suspension advice...

forum_admin
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Imp

Post by forum_admin »

worth looking at these? an autograsser but...

Click Pics for a bigger version
[siteimg]578[/siteimg]

[siteimg]566[/siteimg]

[siteimg]559[/siteimg]

some more in the same album as well..

Si
Forum Admin on behalf of the The Imp Club Ltd.
benwick3
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Post by benwick3 »

If you scrimp on the cost of the suspension components it will be a false economy and you will pay with poor handling.

Imp coil over shocks are not too expensive. I've just got a set of Avo's from Ian Toon for £145/pair. Springs again available from most parts suppliers like Demon Tweeks or direct from Avo - allow £30 - 40 a pair.

Rear coilovers again should be available from Avo although I don't have any idea of costs. Springs again from the same sources at about £40 a pair.

I've just spent this weekend fitting fabricated rear tubular trailing arms and coilover shocks to my race Clan. Shocks I have used in this instance are Ohlins with adjustable bump and rebound which do come in the category very expensive - upto £700 each. I didn't pay this but got hold of a second hand set extremely cheap but had them rebuilt by the importer to suit my use.

I will be posting some pictures of the rear set up shortly.

I gather from your comments that you have a limited budget for your project. Because of this I would suggest that you concentrate on the handling as opposed to the power of the engine as it will pay dividends in the long run. When you then find that you can't go any quicker then it will be the time to look at increase the power output.

Pete Richards