.390 lift cam

mtnbikepoacher
Club Member: No
Car Model: Imp basic and deluxe

.390 lift cam

Post by mtnbikepoacher »

Hi all,
I took the measurements off a cam i was taking down to have duplicated. It came it at a .390 lift. The only designator was KCF1 and a large 3 on one end.
Anyone recognize it?

The other one I was having done was measured out at .360 and had a 17 stamped on the end. I assume it's an R17

Thanks
Alan
benwick3
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Race Clan Crusader x 2

Post by benwick3 »

Al,

Don't know the KCF 1 designation but a single 3 on the end usually indicates a R23 but that has 360 lift.

Pete Richards
mtnbikepoacher

Post by mtnbikepoacher »

That may be the case. This one has had a good bit of it ground off the back, at points, into the shaft itself. It will surely require very large shims.

I'll see what the cam shop thinks today.

Thanks
Al
mtnbikepoacher

Post by mtnbikepoacher »

It turned out to be a .410 lift! It appears some one ground the backside off to get the lift with out needing to go to a new carrier.
The cam shop is going to make a template of it then compair it to other templates off of cars liek Lotus and such. It suprised them to see it!
Al
ImpManiac
Club Member: Yes
Car Model: Singer Chamois

Post by ImpManiac »

One of my colleagues recounts a tale of a guy in circuit racing who competed in his Lotus Elan. He built his own engine. He worked for a company that produced/designed camshafts. After applying modern design principles to camshafts for his Lotus, he got approximately 250 bhp from his Elan - 1558cc!! :shock: I have wondered how much one could extract from an Imp engine using this principle...

IM :D